Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

New G37 Sedan owner with some navi questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2010, 12:36 PM
defton519

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New G37 Sedan owner with some navi questions

So I just bought a 2010 G37 Sedan with Prem, Sport, and nav.

I have been having problems with the ipod connections. It will play 3 or 4 songs and than tell me to check the device. In order to use the ipod after that I have to turn the car off and back on in order for the car to recognize the ipod. It will do the same thing again about 3-4 songs later. Anyone else having this issue? Thanks in advance.
Old 04-12-2010, 12:46 PM
SM_Shadowman

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Which iPod model do you have?
Identifying iPod models

I think I remember seeing someone else ask this question before in the "audio,video, and electronics" section, but I'm not sure what the solution was (or if there was any).
Old 04-12-2010, 12:52 PM
defton519

Its the 2nd gen 16gb itouch. I will search and see if I can find another thread on it. I saw one that had no solution thought I would bring it up again. Thanks.
Old 04-12-2010, 01:33 PM
alex

My 2010 G sometimes keeps reading my iPod after I first plug in. It happens about 1 out of 10 or 15 times. Just like you, the only way to get around this is to turn off the car and turn her back on. Nothing else would work--unplug the iPod and replug in, Power Off the iPod before power it back on(first I though my iPod had problem). However, once the connection goes through, it never drops (as yours did).

I think it is a software issue. Remember what would solve some Microsoft windows problems at PCs?

I guess Infiniti will release some firmware/software updates in the future so that when we take our babies in for service, they will just update the software. After all, there is so much software in our cars today.
Old 04-12-2010, 04:44 PM
SM_Shadowman

I know with the iPhone & iPod touch some people have needed to get an adapter like the Scoche Passport in order to get it to charge and work correctly with the G. I'm not sure if this applies to the 2010 model year or not.

I'm wondering if something like that might also take care of your problem. Anyone know?
Old 04-12-2010, 04:44 PM
defton519

Yeah hopefully once I get it back to the dealer they can look into it. I still need the firmware update for the stereo as well to make the seek/scan buttons correct.
Old 04-12-2010, 05:13 PM
mswistak14

I plugged in my ipod to the isb connection in the center console and noticed that an infiniti symbol comes up on the ipod screen, I was always curious how this worked?

My only ipod issue is that I like to leave it on shuffle the majority of the time (selecting shuffle songs in main AUX Ipod Menu) but after I shut the car down and turn her back on it resumes in the same song same spot, but shuffle is no longer on. Anyone know how to keep it in shuffle mode? It is also enabled as shuffle all on my ipod.
Old 04-12-2010, 10:42 PM
SM_Shadowman

Originally Posted by mswistak14
I plugged in my ipod to the isb connection in the center console and noticed that an infiniti symbol comes up on the ipod screen, I was always curious how this worked?

My only ipod issue is that I like to leave it on shuffle the majority of the time (selecting shuffle songs in main AUX Ipod Menu) but after I shut the car down and turn her back on it resumes in the same song same spot, but shuffle is no longer on. Anyone know how to keep it in shuffle mode? It is also enabled as shuffle all on my ipod.
I usually just put it on shuffle on the car radio -- the ipod settings itself don't have any effect when it's plugged in. On mine, I just select a song from the song list and hit the scan button on the radio until shuffle is enabled, then it shuffles through my entire collection. Or if I had selected a song via the album list it would shuffle through just that album.

But mine remembers the setting after turning the car off. When I come back, it remembers the place in the song and also remembers that it's in shuffle mode, so I don't seem to have the same issue you have.

I have the 5th gen ipod classic, and the 2009 G. Perhaps the different ipod or different model year audio system works differently though.
Old 04-12-2010, 10:53 PM
mswistak14

Ya I just bought a brand new Nano and have the 2010 G

I select shuffle all by pressing the aux button on my nav and then scrolling down to the bottom of the list on the screen.

Do you get the Infiniti logo on your ipod when it is plugged in though?
Old 04-12-2010, 11:19 PM
majin ssj eric

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
THis has happened to me a couple of times where the car will suddenly say "check USB device" and nothing works but turning off the car and restarting it. Its only happened twice though, not every 3-4 songs. Btw, mine's a 2nd gen 32gb itouch...
Old 04-13-2010, 03:56 PM
defton519

I don't get the infiniti logo on the ipod. When I first started using it it would go to a white screen but now it goes to the normal charging screen with the power meter.

I'm heading into the dealer tomorrow so I will have them take a look at it, maybe just a firmware update or something. I'll let you know what they say.
Old 04-14-2010, 05:54 AM
dopey
Registered Member

Originally Posted by SM_Shadowman
I know with the iPhone & iPod touch some people have needed to get an adapter like the Scoche Passport in order to get it to charge and work correctly with the G. I'm not sure if this applies to the 2010 model year or not.

I'm wondering if something like that might also take care of your problem. Anyone know?
The passport is supposed to have no effect on the functionality of the ipod. All it does is convert firewire power to 5v usb.

Originally Posted by defton519
I don't get the infiniti logo on the ipod. When I first started using it it would go to a white screen but now it goes to the normal charging screen with the power meter.

I'm heading into the dealer tomorrow so I will have them take a look at it, maybe just a firmware update or something. I'll let you know what they say.
Have you tried actually firing up the ipod application when you try to play music? The ipod touch/iphone allows ipod functionality to work in the background, so that the rest of the phone is still functional normally. The infiniti ipod control puts the ipod into AiR (advanced ipod remote) mode, which is what gets you the "ok to disconnect" and depending on the ipod an infiniti logo (or not). on an ipod touch/iphone AiR mode only impacts the ipod app, which is why you don't see the white screen if you're on any other screen.
I dumped my iphone but when I had it with my 2010 I never had a problem with it.