Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Preliminary install pics (warning, pic heavy!)

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 06:51 AM
Haji

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My box is tuned to 32 Hz, at 1.6 cubes, and when I batted the inside, I believe with the displacements and all I got to 34-35Hz which isn't too audible of a difference. I can hit the lows very well, and the batting has helped produced a cleaner overall sound.
I just left off the areas near the port, and put a 1 inch layer down on everything else.
Old 05-02-2010, 10:03 AM
InfiniDrew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any final pics yet???

How does it all sound now that the speakers are broken in?
Old 05-02-2010, 10:42 AM
soolman32

Received 127 Likes on 108 Posts
I never understood sound system upgrade in car like ours that come with a well above adequate system. To each their own and good luck with the thumping system.
Old 05-03-2010, 10:30 PM
redfoster

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Final pics coming. I'm in the process of buying a house so been pretty busy. Been tweaking with the EQ and wow, am I ever happy with how things turned out. The bass response dropped quite a bit lower after 2 weeks breaking in. I had started to get a little nervous the lows wouldn't be as low as I wanted... but they are! The first thing anybody has said after hearing it was how crystal clear it is, regardless of volume (and loud there isn't a rattle to be found).

To speak on what soolman32 said, yes it's well above adequate, even above what I wanted. But the deal offered was to fantastic to refuse. And it was never about thumping, just quality and clarity which I got. I'm a bit of an audiophile at home too and spend over 2 hours a day in my car so figured it should keep me happy. And yes it's nicer than my home system, lol.

I hope to have the finished pics soon, sorry guys.
Old 05-03-2010, 10:59 PM
Haji

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by redfoster
Final pics coming. I'm in the process of buying a house so been pretty busy. Been tweaking with the EQ and wow, am I ever happy with how things turned out. The bass response dropped quite a bit lower after 2 weeks breaking in. I had started to get a little nervous the lows wouldn't be as low as I wanted... but they are! The first thing anybody has said after hearing it was how crystal clear it is, regardless of volume (and loud there isn't a rattle to be found).

To speak on what soolman32 said, yes it's well above adequate, even above what I wanted. But the deal offered was to fantastic to refuse. And it was never about thumping, just quality and clarity which I got. I'm a bit of an audiophile at home too and spend over 2 hours a day in my car so figured it should keep me happy. And yes it's nicer than my home system, lol.

I hope to have the finished pics soon, sorry guys.
Nice nice, glad to hear everything worked out fine for ya!
I'm going to start on a crazy new build with a 2500 watt custom amp + led'd and plexiglass box + Aero portage. I'm getting stoked to start this after seeing your success.
Old 05-04-2010, 06:44 AM
Hayabusa02

Originally Posted by soolman32
I never understood sound system upgrade in car like ours that come with a well above adequate system. To each their own and good luck with the thumping system.

Because many of us like Good or Great sound systems not slightly above average. Sound quality is definitely something learned (i.e. you don't know what you're missing until you hear it)...this can be one of those situations where ignorance is bliss. If you like the stock system, then good for you, but I for one can hear all its imperfections and flaws. So I never leave a sound system stock I am too much of an audiophile.

Last edited by Hayabusa02; 05-04-2010 at 06:49 AM.
Old 05-05-2010, 02:45 PM
InfiniDrew

The bose system has heavy equalization which makes things sound odd to me...especially at higher volumes which is a huge fail for me.