Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Blue Tooth Phone quality.--2 questions..Need HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 10:45 AM
redG37s

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blue Tooth Phone quality.--2 questions..Need HELP!!

2 questions:

1) When I connect my cell phone to the Blue Tooth where is the microphone on my 08 G37 coupe? Is it by the visor, dash..or where???

2) what should i do so people hear me better when im using the blue tooth? (besides yell). IS there any special settings I should be mindful of??

Thanks.
Old 03-23-2009, 10:47 AM
da mayor

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
the microphone is by the rearview mirror. don't aim any vents up there and don't scream at the bluetooth. if you want to utilize the bluetooth better, hold down the bluetooth button for 10 seconds and it'll go into the speaker adaptation mode and it'll let you store 25 commands that you'll be using for better assurance.
Old 03-23-2009, 11:08 AM
redG37s

Thanks....by the way...what is "speaker adaptation mode"?...im not too sure if need commands, my main concern is for the person on the other end of the line to hear me better...
Old 03-31-2009, 02:45 PM
Mid-Life Crisis

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have a similar question regarding the quality of the reception for others. I have a BlackBerry connected and I can hear others very well. But almost everyone I speak to advises the sound is very poor and can barely hear me; I end up practically yelling.

During the winter, I had to turn off the heater to reduce all background noise which helped.

Is this a common complaint about the bluetooth quality?
Old 03-31-2009, 04:27 PM
Michelangelo

For what it's worth, I use the bluetooth quite a bit and haven't had any complaints from people on the other end. They just say it sounds like I've got them "on speaker" which is true. But so far no complaints about me being difficult to understand.
Old 03-31-2009, 04:32 PM
CHI-TOWN G37

You can set the outgoing volume in the on-screen menu if there is an issue with people hearing you well enough. Set it and then call a buddy to see if it sounds better. I have no issues with people hearing me clearly on my hookup with my Krazr.
Old 03-31-2009, 05:08 PM
da mayor

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by Mid-Life Crisis
I have a similar question regarding the quality of the reception for others. I have a BlackBerry connected and I can hear others very well. But almost everyone I speak to advises the sound is very poor and can barely hear me; I end up practically yelling.

During the winter, I had to turn off the heater to reduce all background noise which helped.

Is this a common complaint about the bluetooth quality?
i had to get my blackberry replaced 2 times already b/c of overstoring issues and freezing, which effects the bluetooth in the car. ....
Old 04-01-2009, 09:51 AM
Former USMC

Originally Posted by redG37s
2 questions:

1) When I connect my cell phone to the Blue Tooth where is the microphone on my 08 G37 coupe? Is it by the visor, dash..or where???

2) what should i do so people hear me better when im using the blue tooth? (besides yell). IS there any special settings I should be mindful of??

Thanks.
What kind of phone are you using? It makes a difference. I upgraded my Verizon LG VX5400 to a Blackberry Storm and the difference was significant.

Two, there is a volume control for outgoing (and incoming). Try adjusting that volume.

Cell phone have different versions of Blue Tooth; try another cell phone (if possible).

I used to hang my LG VX5400 from the driver's handle (near my left ear) and put it on speaker phone; it was much better than the G's Blue Tooth system. The Blackberry works fine.

Semper Fi