Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

High Frequency Ringing

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 12:11 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Originally Posted by dillyyo
Do you have an aftermarket intake?
Nope.
Old 10-17-2008, 01:45 PM
shumby

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MAn i just started getting a buzzing from the passenger side. these little noises drive me crazy.
Old 10-17-2008, 02:14 PM
619G-ride

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hey guys just got into work this morning and asked my tech about the high pitch noise problem. he suggests pulling the fuse to the bose amplifier at the fuse box then drive the car to see if it goes away. we just gotta trouble shoot one thing at a time and see where it goes. if this doesnt work let me know and we'll keep brainstormin! thanks everyone
The following users liked this post:
handleandrew (04-14-2014)
Old 10-17-2008, 02:23 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Originally Posted by 619G-ride
hey guys just got into work this morning and asked my tech about the high pitch noise problem. he suggests pulling the fuse to the bose amplifier at the fuse box then drive the car to see if it goes away. we just gotta trouble shoot one thing at a time and see where it goes. if this doesnt work let me know and we'll keep brainstormin! thanks everyone
I'll try it and let you know. Thanks for the help.
Old 10-17-2008, 02:27 PM
cullan

That's exactly what I was thinking... pull the fuses for each of the pieces of electronics one at a time. That's really the only way to narrow it down.

It's going to be funny finding out what this is... I don't even have the noise but somehow I am interested.
Old 10-17-2008, 03:12 PM
619G-ride

no prob BB, if this solves it do i get a free price? cough cough... grounding kit?! hahaha jk. anything to help the community out. im very interested to see if we can all solve this too. lets try fuses like cullan and i said and just use process of elimination. let me know how things turn out and we will all go from there. the hunts on!
Old 10-17-2008, 03:13 PM
619G-ride

^^^^ free prize***
Old 10-19-2008, 02:20 AM
K37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey i tried the fuses a while back and that didnt work....very odd. also i have no aftermarket parts, its all stock. i agree with wakeboardr116 as my car has been driving my ears nuts and apparently not any of the older service technicians. all my friends hear it and yet the infiniti folks cant. there's a high pitch noise that stays constant (no pitch change) and is audible even at slower speeds in particularly when speeding up and slowing down. like i said earlier in a previous post they're gonna change the right side tweeter as thats where its coming from but i doubt that'll solve it. yes its a headache and a half.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:04 PM
619G-ride

anyone try taking a tech on a ride with them and duplicate the noise with them in the car? as being a car stereo installer, some customers have problems but when they bring it to my shop i cant duplicate it or diagnose the problem. however when they can show/prove it to me, it helps me out A LOT! my tech comes in tomorrow so ill ask him if he has any other solutions.... until them
Old 03-12-2009, 07:54 PM
sbmwg37s

I just noticed this when cruising yesturday.
When I first noticed this, I was like 'WTF? it sounds like my old honda.."
It is not loud but definetely annoying. (my g/f was in the car too but she didn't notice anything). I thought I got some problems on my ears..
It happens around 80mph too and also when I let off the gas, the noise's gone away..
I even don't know where this noise comes from.

Anyone knows?
Old 04-18-2009, 10:30 AM
antennahead

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thought you guys should know, my new 370Z is doing this also, high pitched whine. Car doesn't have to be running. Hit the button twice to turn on all electrical and it starts whining immediately. After I posted this in the 370 forum I frequent, others stepped up and said they have the issue also. I get headaches from this type of thing. I had a computer monitor at work years ago that did it and finally they swapped it out. No fix or acknowledgement from Nissan/Infiniti yet?

John

Update:
I have isolated what I am hearing, it's coming from the engine bay, under the engine cover. I noticed when I rolled the windows up it was less pronounced. Got outside the car and could hear it coming from the engine bay, raised the hood and voila, it's emanating from under the engine cover.

John

Last edited by antennahead; 04-18-2009 at 04:28 PM. Reason: update
Old 04-14-2014, 11:51 PM
handleandrew
Registered Member

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts
i know this is an old post but I have the same problem. did anyone find a fix for this? I had an 08 MT without nav and without backup camera but with bose. It did not do this. I just bought an 08 MT with nave and with a backup camera and with bose. it has the whining noise.

the bose amp is on whether or not the radio is "on", which is why the whine occurs regardless of whether or not the radio is on or not. I feel like it is possibly related to the nav or backup camera. did those of you who had this problem have nav or backup camera?

all that being said, it's been 5 years since the last post so, how is it fixed?
Old 04-14-2014, 11:52 PM
handleandrew
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Black Betty
I'll try it and let you know. Thanks for the help.
any luck with this?
Old 04-15-2014, 02:40 AM
Absinthe
Registered Member

Received 81 Likes on 70 Posts
Originally Posted by Black Betty
I can't tell exactly where it's coming from but it's not from the speakers becasue it happens with audio off as well. I've never been able to decipher if it's from the right side of the car or not. Wakeboardr116 is right though, it is quite high pitched and many adults might not hear it. I'm not exactly young, and I can barely hear it. Has anyone else ever turned off the stereo, climate control, rolled up the windows and listened for it at atound 80 MPH? Maybe it's in everyone's car and they just haven't noticed? Or perhaps it's just some of us and something's wrong.
Any chance its the high pitched whine of the back-light for the touch screen? The back-lights are typically fluorescent and run at about 400V. The small power supply for this uses a high frequency transformer to generate the voltage from 12VDC input. To test this out, get up to speed and turn the center display off
Old 04-21-2014, 09:33 PM
handleandrew
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Absinthe
Any chance its the high pitched whine of the back-light for the touch screen? The back-lights are typically fluorescent and run at about 400V. The small power supply for this uses a high frequency transformer to generate the voltage from 12VDC input. To test this out, get up to speed and turn the center display off
nope, wasn't that. the screen wont actually turn off, it just goes black but the backlight is still on so unless I pull the fuse its not going all the way off. I guess ill try that next...

Quick Reply: High Frequency Ringing