Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Window Reset

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 01:30 PM
SweetnLo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Driver's window rolls down when exiting--fixed problem!

Leaving for trip in 2 days and suddenly drivers side window would roll down when exiting. Was heading to dealership when I reviewed manual one last time. Followed easy instruction to reset power windows. Around section 2-42 or 45 in manual. Close door, turn on car. Using power window button roll window more then halfway down. Then using power window button roll window all the way up and hold for 3 seconds. It reset whatever problem and now window stays closed when exiting. Wanted to post ASAP as this forum helped me out. : ). PS love my G37!
Old 01-03-2013, 09:30 PM
TexasBadAss

Okay, So I can verify that rolling your window down and up and hold up for 15 seconds works! I disconnected my battery, and my windows stated acting up..
After I did not see a fuse broken, I check on here. My window would keep rolling Down everytime the door opened, and not back up at close..
Old 01-21-2013, 10:50 AM
misterdominoman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
saved me a trip to dealer

I had to replace my battery and after this, the windows started doing the inching down when opened/closed.

The 10 sec up, 10 sec down reset worked for me on my G37
The following users liked this post:
dbeachy1 (07-02-2015)
Old 06-06-2014, 03:53 PM
Jestered
Premier Member

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by ppc
The reset procedures don't disable this function, just restore the proper movement to 1/4" down.

A couple of weeks ago I had my windows tinted. Afterwards the autodown when opening was not working. I was curious as to how this was done. I tried the reset procedure without change. After reading the owners manual and the service manual I found nothing. Looking at the wiring diagrams I came to the conclusion that the door open switch on the B pillar was disconnected. Sure enough the screw was missing and the switch was loose. Replaced the screw and everything started working normally. If you want to modify things this may be a good place to start.
I know this is a really old post, but was hoping I could get some help. I noticed that the passenger door being opened does not roll down the window, turn on the dome light, or illuminate the kick panel. If I walk around to the drivers door and open it, then go back to the passenger door, then the lights and kick panel will light up. So, for whatever reason opening the passenger door is not triggering those things, but the driver door does. I'm curious if what was mentioned in the quote above could be my problem. I have no clue what the B pillar is though. Can someone tell me what that is and how to remove it so I can check to see if this "door open switch" is disconnected or if the screw is missing on mine?
Old 06-11-2014, 04:37 PM
mikey_mike

Originally Posted by Jestered
I have no clue what the B pillar is though. Can someone tell me what that is and how to remove it so I can check to see if this "door open switch" is disconnected or if the screw is missing on mine?
Hit up Google images for A pillar, B pillar, and C pillar. It's the best way to explain it. But basically the A pillar, for example, is the slanted metal pillar to the left and right of your windshield and forms the side boundaries and is also what the windshield mounts into. The B pillar is usually behind you and more upright than the A pillar. Finally, and someone can correct me if I'm wrong, the C pillar is the rear window equivalent to the A pillar.

Like I said, use Google images for better explanations. I first became familiar with the pillars from "pillar gauge pods". They mount on the A pillar. You can look those up too if you'd like to get an idea.
Old 07-09-2014, 08:39 PM
Kuntrykutboy

This just saved me a headache also. My driverside window would roll down but not back up when the door was opened and rolled down further the more the door was opened and closed.
Old 09-27-2014, 04:20 PM
Exahiyan

My 2009 G37X had the same issue when I changed out the 5 year old OEM battery but reading the resetting instructions in the owners manual had it working perfectly the first attempt. Just make sure the door is closed and the car's switch is in the "ON" position but not running. Running the window all the way up and holding the button for a few seconds resets it. Viola!
Old 02-22-2015, 06:36 PM
VelisG37s

Thanks man this worked
Old 11-02-2017, 09:48 AM
GREGGLF

Passenger side window???

I took my 2008 g37 coupe in to have the front bumper painted. The shop disconnected the battery to do the work. I few days later they called me to pick the car up but explained they could not get the passenger’s side window to do its reset thing. The auto up/down was also not working. They stated that they had gone through all the reset prodigals and the driver’s seat window had no problems. When I went to pick up the car the paint shop manager and I went through the reset steps with no luck. But what was strange when you open the pass door the window would drop and then drop again every time you unlatched the door. Stranger yet is that I discounted the battery overnight hoping to clean any memory but in the morning all was the same but the driver’s side did not need to be reset, very strange. Over the years I’ve discounted the battery many times for many reason and I’ve always had to reset both windows on reconnect. I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO DO NEXT, HELP.
Old 01-03-2018, 03:16 AM
lester_vq37

I also have a problem with my windows. I tried doing the reset and no luck...

Heres my problem:

This happened before but for some reason it fixed itself and worked normally again. I washed my car 2 days ago and it started acting up like this again and it’s been like that ever since. Should I disconnect the battery and reconnect it? Should I take it to an Infiniti dealer?

Last edited by lester_vq37; 01-03-2018 at 03:30 AM. Reason: Spelling correction