Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Ideal DVD player.

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2007, 01:41 PM
DetroitG37Joe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ideal DVD player.

Since there is an A/V port that has the yellow/red/white connections for video and audio - what DVD player would you guys recommend is a good one that has good battery life, can be played with the cover/door shut and sitting in the back seat and also is relatively compact? Any suggestions? I dont even know if Im gonna do it cause I hear you can't have it running wwwhile the car is in motion anyway.
Old 10-21-2007, 02:05 PM
spyderbret

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Any DVD player is fine. The image quality is not the greatest on the screen. Good for killing time but you wont be able to tell the difference between a high quality DVD player and a cheap one. I played a movie from my iPod and it looked fine but not great.
Remember, the image quality is based on screen quality and the LCD is not set up to give high def image quality.
Old 10-21-2007, 03:40 PM
shumby

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by DetroitG37Joe
Since there is an A/V port that has the yellow/red/white connections for video and audio - what DVD player would you guys recommend is a good one that has good battery life, can be played with the cover/door shut and sitting in the back seat and also is relatively compact? Any suggestions? I dont even know if Im gonna do it cause I hear you can't have it running wwwhile the car is in motion anyway.
I would never do this but it willnot be long befor there is a way to play a DVD through the RCA's. Just keep looking on google.
Old 10-21-2007, 03:54 PM
SilkeG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wish I could've got out my camera phone in time to snap a pic, but I saw an SUV with what looked like a large screen LCD or perhaps projection onto the passenger side of his SUV. His kid was watching intently as he was driving by. I guess if the kids make enough noise, they get what they want. I wouldn't be surprised though if he got it for himself to enjoy on those "camping" trips.