SouthEast Serving AL, FL, GA, KY, NC, SC, TN

Looking for ATL-area members

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2015, 10:29 PM
RxRyanM
Registered Member

Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts
Looking for ATL-area members

As the title says, I'm looking for any Atlanta (ideally Duluth)-area members. If you could just leave a comment, I'll send you a PM as I see them. I'm looking at a car and could really use some assistance.

Your help would be greatly appreciated!
Ryan
Old 08-23-2015, 08:50 PM
Mattlorentzoe
Premier Member

Received 156 Likes on 119 Posts
Originally Posted by RxRyanM
As the title says, I'm looking for any Atlanta (ideally Duluth)-area members. If you could just leave a comment, I'll send you a PM as I see them. I'm looking at a car and could really use some assistance.

Your help would be greatly appreciated!
Ryan
Im in athens, but grew up in gwinnett. I got a 2011 g37x, and i regret not getting a xs equipped model daily! dont make that same mistake!
Old 08-23-2015, 09:53 PM
Mr.Grant

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
I absolutely agree with Lorenzo, because I recently purchased a 2012 g37x and I'm already looking for a the Sport front fascia and a sport spoiler. I may just go duck style but that's a different conversation. I will say this if you decide to gravitate towards AWD vs RWD be prepared for some serious body roll if you plan to have some fun with it, but the AWD system is really good when taking corners.

Also remember the xs is basically an x with an appearance package and paddle shifters. If you can look past the sexy aggressive looks of the xs and the paddle shifters to save a few coins go for it. Especially since down the road you can turn it into an xs anyways.

If you really want to and don't need AWD and body roll lol (which can be tamed with sways and springs or by just not driving fast lol) get an RWD g37 and the sport model if you can find one in your budget. G37's in all different styles are pretty common here in Georgia, well depending on how far you want to drive or wait on a good deal. I'm in the Decatur area but work out in the Alpharetta area so I'm usually all over the place GOOD LUCK PICKING A G TRUST ME YOU WILL FIND ONE OR IT MAY JUST FIND YOU Just my 2 cents.
Old 08-24-2015, 12:06 AM
RxRyanM
Registered Member

Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally Posted by lorentzoe45
Im in athens, but grew up in gwinnett. I got a 2011 g37x, and i regret not getting a xs equipped model daily! dont make that same mistake!
Weird that you say you're from Gwinnett cuz that's actually where I'm thinking about buying from. ALM Gwinnett, ever heard anything about them? And don't worry, xS or S is definitely my future.

Originally Posted by Mr.Grant
I absolutely agree with Lorenzo, because I recently purchased a 2012 g37x and I'm already looking for a the Sport front fascia and a sport spoiler. I may just go duck style but that's a different conversation. I will say this if you decide to gravitate towards AWD vs RWD be prepared for some serious body roll if you plan to have some fun with it, but the AWD system is really good when taking corners.

Also remember the xs is basically an x with an appearance package and paddle shifters. If you can look past the sexy aggressive looks of the xs and the paddle shifters to save a few coins go for it. Especially since down the road you can turn it into an xs anyways.

If you really want to and don't need AWD and body roll lol (which can be tamed with sways and springs or by just not driving fast lol) get an RWD g37 and the sport model if you can find one in your budget. G37's in all different styles are pretty common here in Georgia, well depending on how far you want to drive or wait on a good deal. I'm in the Decatur area but work out in the Alpharetta area so I'm usually all over the place GOOD LUCK PICKING A G TRUST ME YOU WILL FIND ONE OR IT MAY JUST FIND YOU Just my 2 cents.
Like I said above, xS or S is definitely my future. I found what I believe is an S in Gwinnett and I'm tempted to see about dropping a deposit on until I can get down there from Lexington (Saturday at the earliest).
Old 08-24-2015, 07:26 AM
Mattlorentzoe
Premier Member

Received 156 Likes on 119 Posts
ALM mall of georgia will never see a dime of my money again

[QUOTE=RxRyanM;3943107]Weird that you say you're from Gwinnett cuz that's actually where I'm thinking about buying from. ALM Gwinnett, ever heard anything about them? And don't worry, xS or S is definitely my future.

I bought mine from alm mall of georgia 3 months ago. They are very very hard to deal with. I made a list of things that needed to be completed in order for me to buy the car, or simply id go elsewhere. I wish i had, it took 2 months for them to address the problems i had with the car. i had them replace the trim pieces inside to make the sale. when they did finally replace them claiming it took 2 months to get them in none of my windows would roll up or down after leaving there. also they sprayed my car and rims with some kind of light coat of paint to hide dings and scratches. Witch now that my car has been washed numerous times i can see the imperfections and never could get my paint to really shine like it was sopost to. has some kind of orange peel look from when they sprayed over it. also after owning the car for 3 months, i can tell you that they have tried to cover up interior imperfections also in the leather and ect. Yes the price and mileage was right but left the dealership with an uneasy feeling and have had that since that day about that place. STEER CLEAR OF JASON. also they put all the floor mats and ect in a bag in the trunk, its my fault i never thought to look at them until after i got home and bought the car. it looks like bleach had been pored all over the trunk liner. all in all i feel like they new about all of those problems and in some way tried to hide/cover them up rather than fix them to make sale.

Best of luck, maybe i am the only one that this has happen to but for me ill go anywhere else but here. lol sorry had to vent. ps alot of the reviews online are actually from EMPLOYEES working there, i wish i knew now what i did 3 months ago

Last edited by Mattlorentzoe; 08-24-2015 at 07:36 AM.
Old 08-24-2015, 11:40 AM
Mr.Grant

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
I also purchased my infiniti from ALM Mall of Georgia. I wouldn't say my experience with make me tell others to steer clear of them or any ALM more of just be armed and have a good poker face and attitude. Cause all though ALM and its different locations are nicer and have nicer cars than buy here pay her used dealerships, they are still an used dealership at the end of the day ran by people who want to make money. I went there to look at a w210 E55 amg they had for sale. My sales guy name was Claret and he let me know that someone was currently buying it.( which at that time I figured was just a sales pitch to get me in something more expensive cause the amg was going for close to 9,000).

So I asked him about any G's they may have(which is the second car on my first car list that I wanted) which they did but they did not have any sport models, but I gave what they had on the lot a chance. The first awd G they let me test drive the sales man said it wasn't in a accident, but as I walked around the car ignoring his sales pitch you can deliberately see the rear had some work done to it if you looked closely enough. Which led me to believe the person who "repaired it" did a terrible job. Which I almost bought cause I took my poker face and attitude of when I heard the price and that it "wasnt in a accident", and test drove it and it tracked and steered straight.

So basically I saw the damage in the second walkaround and almost signed my life away to it cause they had to paper work ready. I put my poker face back on and let them know that car was in an accident which also showed on the carfax. We discussed it over and I got a lower millage and one owner g with no accidents on the carfax or with any work that I can see done to it. I guess they thought I was some go lucky 20 year old that didn't know anything or was blessed with parents with money, oh how they were wrong lol. I was so happy when everything worked out and everything was taken care of that day and I left with a good deal and sweet car, thats already given me the mod bug lol.

So the moral to this story is again come prepared with knowledge, a poker face and attitude and never accept anything someone tries to give to you no matter where you. Bring someone if you can or take it to someone to have it looked at, and ALWAYS DOUBLE CHECK BEFORE SIGNING YOUR LIFE AWAY TO WHAT LOOKS LIKE PARADISE BUT IN REALITY IS A LONG DATE(LOAN or PURCHASE) WITH HELL AND AGAIN GOOD LUCK SHOPPING.

P.S i wish i could like posts lol