Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Question about deleting CDs/Tracks from the Music Box

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 11:21 PM
drh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question about deleting CDs/Tracks from the Music Box

I "ripped" a CD to the Music Box. Unknown to me, the CD was scratched, so the ripped songs do not sound good. I deleted the album and tried re-recording the CD with a friends CD - a non-scratched version. When I tried ripping the new CD, the Music Box said it found the CD already ripped on the Music Box and restored the originally ripped CD (the CD that had the scratches). So, my question, is there anyway to delete a CD or track and re-record it without the Music Box just restoring the previously deleted one?
Old 09-19-2007, 10:03 PM
drh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by drh
I "ripped" a CD to the Music Box. Unknown to me, the CD was scratched, so the ripped songs do not sound good. I deleted the album and tried re-recording the CD with a friends CD - a non-scratched version. When I tried ripping the new CD, the Music Box said it found the CD already ripped on the Music Box and restored the originally ripped CD (the CD that had the scratches). So, my question, is there anyway to delete a CD or track and re-record it without the Music Box just restoring the previously deleted one?
Well....I finally answered my own question. When you delete a CD or track from the Music Box, it is not actually deleted. If you play a CD containing deleted tracks, you won't hear or see those deleted tracks when you play the album in the Music Box. There is another option in the Music Box to permantely delete those CDs and/or tracks that have been marked for deletion. If something has been marked for deletion and you go to re-record it, the Music Box will simply restore the CD or track marked for deletion. This is not good if you really, really want to re-record the CD or track. So, you must first go to the Music Box option to permantely delete the CD or track. I'm a happy camper now.