Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Question for dealers re Ipod availability?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 12:58 AM
dmkozak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question for dealers re Ipod availability?

The Infiniti notices from June say the Premium Package iPod connectivity will have a delayed availability. Does anyone know when the iPod connectivity will be available. I would hate to order my car only to find cars made the following week begin to get iPod connectivity. The iPod connectivity is one of the strong purchasing points for me.
Old 07-20-2007, 01:10 AM
Orbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I saw that too, and like you said that is a big selling feature for me. My car is being built in August, so hopefully by then supplies will be back up. Maybe the piston ring delays will help the iPod connectivity suppliers catch up.
Old 07-20-2007, 06:58 AM
bostonmerlin

i have a feeling (not confirmed) that whatever you read was referring to the ipod connector that plugs into the center compartments ipod port on one end giving you a place to hookup your ipod. if that's delayed you'll be able to pick one up after the fact.

however; if what they're referring to is the navigation unit which contains the logic to display ipod tracks on its screen.. that might make sense as those navs were reportedly delayed and instead of getting a nav w/the upgraded ipod connectivity logic as advertised.. you'll get the same nav which lives in the 2007g35 sedans... sans the ability to list out ipod info on the nav.

i still think its the cable..
Old 07-20-2007, 09:26 AM
CHI-TOWN G37

I was assuming that the NAV delay was actually connected to the iPod issue. It does appear that NAV cars are September delivery, from what I am hearing. Let's hope it's Sept.1 and not Sept. 30
Old 07-20-2007, 03:53 PM
dmkozak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Whoa. Let's slow down here. The iPod integration is part of the Premium Package and the iPod info displays on the screen, just like the radio, XM and CD info displays on the screen. The Navigation Package is not required or needed for any of those displays. So, I am not sure how any Nav delays relate to the iPod delayed availability.

Actually, I am hoping a dealer might be able to check with Infiniti to see when the iPod availability might occur. All of the Premium Package cars at Barber Motorsports with the Premium Package had the iPod connector, but, I do not know if that means the availability is no longer delayed or not.