Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Bicycle Rack Options

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 01:09 PM
gurneyeagle

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bicycle Rack Options

Okay, this one got punted around the G35 forum for a while.

For those of us that cycle, what are you guys doing about hauling your bikes? I prefer not to use a trunk mounted rack, preferring instead to use a hitch mounted rack. My '05 TL had a hitch, as does the wife's '07 MDX.

There's a hitch that fits the 2007 G35 sedan, but will not fit the G37. As of now there is no trailer hitch for a G37. Assumably, something will be coming out at some point.

I'd like to se some pics of the trunk mounted racks that some guys are using.

Thanks in advance.
Old 10-08-2007, 01:18 PM
Juan-g35

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i tear everytime i see bike racks on G's
Old 10-08-2007, 02:16 PM
go4gr8

I ride but I don't plan on putting any bike rack on the car. My wife has a SAAB 9-5 that I'll be getting a roof-rack for. I just fold down the seats this year.
Old 10-09-2007, 06:58 AM
gurneyeagle

Originally Posted by Juan-g35
i tear everytime i see bike racks on G's
Don't fear Juan; it's only for a very brief time on the weekends. Strictly from the house to the head of the bike trail. I promise!
Old 10-09-2007, 07:16 AM
xxxmidget

your a tool and should not be allowed to drive a G.
Old 10-09-2007, 12:43 PM
sahiwal007

A G35/7 is a sports car not a Jeep or van lol
Old 10-09-2007, 12:50 PM
gurneyeagle

Originally Posted by xxxmidget
your a tool and should not be allowed to drive a G.

LOL, spoken like a true "self-employed body builder". (per your profile)

Just curious, what do you drive?
Old 10-09-2007, 12:54 PM
COUPE-DADDY

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You folks are funny. It's his car and his right to fit it into his lifestyle. Heck I am the guy that tried to put saddle bags on the back of a custom chopper. Everyone I spoke with said "You bought the wrong bike, shoulda got a touring bike". I said "does that mean when your saddle bags are empty you shoulda got a chopper"

Gurney,
I can't really see a way to do it without a hitch. Maybe a metal shop can fab one up for you? It should be very easy......

Last edited by COUPE-DADDY; 10-09-2007 at 02:15 PM.
Old 10-09-2007, 01:34 PM
gurneyeagle

Originally Posted by 335orG37
You folks are funny. It's his car and his right to fit it into his lifestyle. Heck I am the guy that tried to put saddle bags on the back of a custom chopper. Everyone I spoke with said "You bought the wrong bike, shoulda got a touring bike". I said "does that mean when your saddle bags are empty you should got a chopper"

Gurney,
I can't really see a way to do it without a hitch. Maybe a metal shop can fab one up for you? It should be very easy......
No offense taken from anyone. You have to keep in mind that the rack would be on the car only once a week, and usually from 7:00 am to noon on a Sunday.

Think of the alternative - I have to leave the car with the wife!! I might as well back into a tree first and then wedge it into the first spot I could find closest to a WalMart entrance.
The following users liked this post:
flipmode007 (11-17-2018)
Old 10-09-2007, 01:37 PM
InfinitiFreak

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by gurneyeagle
Think of the alternative - I have to leave the car with the wife!! I might as well back into a tree first and then wedge it into the first spot I could find closest to a WalMart entrance.
LOL!!
The following users liked this post:
flipmode007 (11-17-2018)
Old 10-09-2007, 01:41 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
I used to date Heidi Klum but I'd only go out with her if she wore ratty clothes, had curlers in her hair, and wore a big fake mole in her face. True story.
Old 10-09-2007, 01:46 PM
gurneyeagle

Originally Posted by Black Betty
I used to date Heidi Klum but I'd only go out with her if she wore ratty clothes, had curlers in her hair, and wore a big fake mole in her face. True story.
I think we just set the record for interstellar tangents from the original topic!
Old 10-09-2007, 01:59 PM
CHI-TOWN G37

Hey, at least you're out getting some excercise as opposed to the alternative American lifestyle of sitting on your ***....
Old 10-09-2007, 10:53 PM
Romeo Xray

...for a minute there I thought I was in the Toyota Tacoma forums! By the way that's how I haul my mt. bikes Seriously, a G37 to haul a mt. bike? (I'm assuming you're talking about a mt. bike since you said "trail") I wouldn't even consider driving a G37 to the trail head where parking is off-road, full of rock and holes, at least it is around here; not to mention hauling a muddy bike afterwards?

Each to his own...I've seen Porsches with roof racks for road bikes....

I'd say bite the bullet and use the wife's MDX like it was meant to be used, a sports UTILITYvehicle. I hope you find a solution.

...you wouldn't happen to ride a Turner? cause that would explain a LOT! LOL

Last edited by Romeo Xray; 10-09-2007 at 10:55 PM.
Old 10-10-2007, 06:55 AM
gurneyeagle

Originally Posted by Romeo Xray
...for a minute there I thought I was in the Toyota Tacoma forums! By the way that's how I haul my mt. bikes Seriously, a G37 to haul a mt. bike? (I'm assuming you're talking about a mt. bike since you said "trail") I wouldn't even consider driving a G37 to the trail head where parking is off-road, full of rock and holes, at least it is around here; not to mention hauling a muddy bike afterwards?

Each to his own...I've seen Porsches with roof racks for road bikes....

I'd say bite the bullet and use the wife's MDX like it was meant to be used, a sports UTILITYvehicle. I hope you find a solution.

...you wouldn't happen to ride a Turner? cause that would explain a LOT! LOL
Actually, I have a road bike. I just got a Specialized S-Works Tarmac SL this past June. A carbon frame is such an upgrade over aluminum.

There is an old railroad line that was converted to a bike trail a few years back. It's 25 miles long and feeds into some beautiful country roads with what we consider "hills" in south LA.

A group of us ride with our sons on the weekends, usually about 50 - 60 miles. We just completed the MS Society's Tour for Cure 150 mile ride this past weekend. It's split over two days and was a blast.

Quick Reply: Bicycle Rack Options