G37 Sedan
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does your G37x automatically relock after you stepping out of the car?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2015, 02:52 AM
FlyIce

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does your G37x automatically relock after you stepping out of the car?

Hi I'm new to this forum as I just bought my first 2010 G37x with 40k miles last week. The car has keyless entry and when I first got the car I believe it auto relocks doors after I step out of the car with key in the pocket. However, since yesterday I found it stopped auto relocking doors. Not that is a bid deal but I'm just curious why and how to set its unlocking/relocking behavior properly.

Also, to unlock the door I found I have to press the unlock button on the door handle TWICE. First press makes car beep, but the door is still locked. After second press the door unlocks. This appears to be different form the G37x manual, as it says the first press should unlock the door while the second press will unlock ALL doors.

Anyway, I guess this is the problem with over-automation as things get a bit confusing. It doesn't help that my last car was a 2000 Honda Accord (it's so reliable that I simply forgot to change my car for 15 years...)

Thanks a lot for any helps from you guys!

Yang
Old 09-28-2015, 11:12 AM
e3phung

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
I have a 2010 g37x as well, the only time it automatically locks is when youre in the car and then start driving. I have never had it auto lock when upon leaving the car. As for the unlocking, one push will unlock that specific door and two push will unlock all doors.
Old 09-28-2015, 11:59 AM
MistahGuy

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I have had my doors auto lock if I hit the unlock button but don't get out to the car in time. Example, we're leaving the house in the wife's car but I need to get something out of mine. I unlock the car then leave my keys in the house, but it is locked when I get there.

My car has NEVER autolocked after turning it off and getting out. I have come out to my car in the morning several times when I must have forgot to lock it after getting home and it is unlocked. But of course, I tried to unlock it with the door handle button and that just locks it. Adds 2 seconds to my commute!
Old 09-28-2015, 12:34 PM
FlyIce

Thank you guys. I guess the mysterious autolock of my G37x is an abnormality somehow disappeared on itself. At present the car behaves more like it should be as you guys described. Anyway, I'm more comfortable with manually or remotely locking the car when walking away.
Old 09-28-2015, 04:12 PM
VIVID
Pyroclastic Flow

Received 358 Likes on 277 Posts
Yep. Mine doesn't auto-lock unless I have unlocked it and taken no action.

Here is a thread that will reveal some of the mysteries of the G:

https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-cou...350z-370z.html

Sean
Old 09-28-2015, 05:21 PM
FlyIce

Thanks, interesting video, definitely learned something new about cranking up the windows etc. From the video I haven't figured how to connect seat memory to different fobs. Need to look into that more.

By the way, now I'm convinced that my car actually never auot relocked. I was practicing the keyless entry so I always press the unlock button on the door handle first. By doing that I actually lock the door first and my second press unlock the door. Now that explains everything...
Old 09-28-2015, 10:30 PM
VIVID
Pyroclastic Flow

Received 358 Likes on 277 Posts
Originally Posted by FlyIce
Thanks, interesting video, definitely learned something new about cranking up the windows etc. From the video I haven't figured how to connect seat memory to different fobs. Need to look into that more.

By the way, now I'm convinced that my car actually never auot relocked. I was practicing the keyless entry so I always press the unlock button on the door handle first. By doing that I actually lock the door first and my second press unlock the door. Now that explains everything...
Just a simple search away....

https://www.myg37.com/forums/audio-v...-question.html

Sean
Old 09-29-2015, 04:07 AM
e3phung

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
LOL at this whole thread....locking and unlocking doors