Brakes, Suspension, Wheels & Tires
Rollers and Rubbers (View All Posts)

Fortune Auto Coilover for G37x - Group Buy Interest

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2014, 03:05 PM
connoisseurr
Premier Member

Received 182 Likes on 128 Posts
If you all have seen some traffic already, I'd like to work on getting a group buy for coilovers from Fortune Auto. These will be specifically for the X platform, coupe or sedan, seeing as our options are limited currently. Fortune Auto makes many great products in the coilover industry, and their budget system is of utmost high quality. I have worked with a few local Z drivers on their fortune 500 coilover installed and I really like the product. The price point should be around the range of other competitors making coilovers for the G37x platform.

Here is some information about the Fortune Auto 500 series system: fortune500seriescoilovers - Fortune Auto North America

I'm starting this as an interest thread to see how many people would be interested in signing up for a group buy. Before I reach out to Fortune Auto, I'd like to get at least 5 people on board (more if possible). Obviously the more I bring to the table, the quicker they will get started on the R&D process. Fortune Auto is headquartered in central Virginia and I have personally been to the facility. They have an incredible space, with all the newest, latest and greatest tools for developing new applications. Any rebuild is handled in house and they provide the best customer service I've ever seen.

Please to let me know if you have any interest in participating in this group buy. I ask that you carefully think about your decision as the myself and other members who participate are relying on your "Yes" vote to stand solid.

The "official" list:
  • connoisseurr
  • Project10
  • bigmike35nj
  • AZNnite
  • Jethro
  • Steveoh187
  • ChinkyChoy
  • Chicagostig

Last edited by connoisseurr; 03-08-2014 at 09:31 AM.
Old 03-02-2014, 03:47 PM
Project10

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by connoisseurr
If you all have seen some traffic already, I'd like to work on getting a group buy for coilovers from Fortune Auto. These will be specifically for the X platform, coupe or sedan, seeing as our options are limited currently.

Fortune Auto makes many great products in the coilover industry, and their budget system is of utmost high quality. I have worked with a few local Z drivers on their fortune 500 coilover installed and I really like the product. The price point should be around the range of other competitors making coilovers for the G37x platform. Here is some information about the Fortune Auto 500 series system:
fortune500seriescoilovers - Fortune Auto North America

I'm starting this as an interest thread to see how many people would be interested in signing up for a group buy. Before I reach out to Fortune Auto, I'd like to get at least 5 people on board (more if possible). Obviously the more I bring to the table, the quicker they will get started on the R&D process. Fortune Auto is headquartered in central Virginia and I have personally been to the facility. They have an incredible space, with all the newest, latest and greatest tools for developing new applications. Any rebuild is handled in house and they provide the best customer service I've ever seen.

Please to let me know if you have any interest in participating in this group buy. I ask that you carefully think about your decision as the myself and other members who participate are relying on your "Yes" vote to stand solid.
I would like to add a "Yes" vote.

I would also like to add a response I found from fortune auto with some useful information I thought I would share. I was looking for reviews and came across this on an Evo forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortune Auto
Thanks for all the info:
For your setup I would recommend 8k front and 9k rear with our "street" valving setup.

I feel that this would be the best all around setup. Ideally you would want to run 8k front and 13k rear on your setup for autocrosses but those rates are not suitable for daily driving. To get more rotation I would advise setting your rear bar to full stiff (if its adjustable) and running 3.5 degrees of - camber up front and 1.5 in the front. This will allow for more front end grip giving the car more rotation. You can go as high as 4.5 in the front but at that level your severely sacrificing tire wear.

In regards to winter weather. The threaded shock body will rust over time. The lower mounts and accessories are are all made of aircraft quality forged aluminum so those will be fine.

We have 2 options for extreme snow conditions. We can offer the threaded body in a black anodized finish for an additional $100 or we can offer the threaded shock body in 6061-T6 aluminum for an additional $200.

Ideally these coilovers are great for daily driving and track days. That's where they shine. We run a larger piston then most manufacturers and this provides a compliant ride and great for long sweeping tracks and hitting burms at 120mph +.

I will admit that the larger piston size is not ideal for razor quick transitions in autocross situations. So you may want to take that into consideration if thats your primary use.

Hope that helps!
Please let me know if you have any further question!

Terry
Old 03-02-2014, 04:11 PM
bigmike35nj

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Count me in as long as they can somewhat get back to stock height in the winter time.
Old 03-02-2014, 04:11 PM
AZNnite

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Count me in!!!
Old 03-02-2014, 05:12 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Connor, on your first post I'd set up a list of those that have said they want in just to keep a good count of where you're at, also seems to help others decide to jump in when they see a good number of interested buyers. Good luck w/ this and for the short term feel free to bump the thread so it stays fresh on top
Old 03-02-2014, 05:16 PM
connoisseurr
Premier Member

Originally Posted by blnewt
Connor, on your first post I'd set up a list of those that have said they want in just to keep a good count of where you're at, also seems to help others decide to jump in when they see a good number of interested buyers. Good luck w/ this and for the short term feel free to bump the thread so it stays fresh on top
I plan to update the OP with a most recent head count and all members who have stated they are interested.
Old 03-03-2014, 10:23 AM
Jethro
Registered Member

Received 39 Likes on 23 Posts
You can add me to the "interested" list as well for an xS sedan. Appreciate you looking into another option for all of us.
Old 03-03-2014, 08:26 PM
connoisseurr
Premier Member

Jethro you have been added. Bump to the top!
Old 03-03-2014, 10:27 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Connor, you might even post a thread over on myg35driver.com w/ a link over here for the G35X guys.
Old 03-03-2014, 10:56 PM
Steveoh187
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I am highly interested in these so definitely count me in. I initially reached out to Fortune Auto when I was in the market for coils for my X however at the time they informed me there wasn't sufficient interest to go through the R&D process, hopefully this thread changes that.
Old 03-04-2014, 12:02 AM
connoisseurr
Premier Member

Connor, you might even post a thread over on myg35driver.com w/ a link over here for the G35X guys.
Does the account I have for myg37 work over there? Not sure how all that works...

Originally Posted by Steveoh187
I am highly interested in these so definitely count me in. I initially reached out to Fortune Auto when I was in the market for coils for my X however at the time they informed me there wasn't sufficient interest to go through the R&D process, hopefully this thread changes that.
I've added you to the list.

I'm going to call Fortune Auto tomorrow and get some details and information.
Old 03-04-2014, 12:03 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

You'll have to register again but you can keep your same username & password.
Old 03-04-2014, 12:17 AM
connoisseurr
Premier Member

You'll have to register again but you can keep your same username & password.
Good to know, thanks B. I'll get that done tomorrow.
Old 03-04-2014, 11:36 PM
Jethro
Registered Member

Received 39 Likes on 23 Posts
Hey connoisseurr,

I forgot to ask, are we planning on OEM rear or true coilover for these? What would majority be interested in?
Old 03-05-2014, 06:29 PM
connoisseurr
Premier Member

Jethro - I'm not quite sure as to what option they will be building for the rear. That is something I will look into, along with spring rates.

What does everyone think about using the 8K/6K (F/R) spring rate pattern versus what other platforms use? Obviously Fortune Auto are the professionals developing a system and they will use what they think is right. I'm just wondering if it's worth mentioning.

Fortune Auto will be working with a vendor on this forum to handle the payment and distribution of units. Once I get word that things are moving forward, I will update everyone.

Please spread the word for these unit to all your X-drive friends who are looking for a quality set of coilovers!

Thanks all,
Connor
The following users liked this post:
Finestcut (04-11-2014)

Quick Reply: Fortune Auto Coilover for G37x - Group Buy Interest