What are inexpensive 18"x 8 wheels that will fit over G37S Akebono brakes

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2018, 06:19 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,593 Likes on 3,438 Posts
RWD Sport Sedan rear wheels are 8.5" wide, Luky. It's a one inch stagger on the sedan.

Last edited by Rochester; 03-29-2018 at 02:19 PM.
Old 04-02-2018, 11:10 PM
Luky

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So we test fit the wheels today. The front was fine but the rear stuck out past the edge of the rear quarter panel just slightly which I was not thrilled with. It would probably fit the tires, but I don't want to risk the metal gouging the side walls of the tires with a loaded car. They are getting me a set of 18x8 +45 which should be better fit on the rear and I ordered a set of 20mm bolt on spacers for the front to push them out just a little. The wheels were in stock at the distributor so I am hopeful to have them done by Friday. (Hubcentric spacers are next day delivery from
amazon prime for $46 amazon prime for $46
).
Old 04-03-2018, 09:35 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Luky, when you did the test fit was the suspension loaded? I see Rennforms listed in only 2 offsets for an 18x8 in the Infiniti lug pattern, a +35 and +45, even the +35 will be well inside the fender edge when the suspension is loaded. If you just fit the wheels to check caliper clearance on a raised vehicle your camber is way positive and the wheels will be angling out so it looks like they will be poking outside the fender.

When my 10" +45 wheels were fitted w/ 295 wide tires the tires would be at least an inch outside the fender, but when the vehicle came down from the jack the tires tucked right inside the fender.

You should be more than fine clearing those fenders unless you went w/ a wider wheel in back w/ more aggressive specs.
Old 04-03-2018, 09:51 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,593 Likes on 3,438 Posts
Originally Posted by Luky
and I ordered a set of 20mm bolt on spacers for the front to push them out just a little.
Not sure I would call a 20mm push "just a little". However, and assuming they're good quality, then that's a great price on a pair of spacer adapters.

Here's a tip on that kind of spacer: ditch those half-height lug nuts. They really suck. As long as your wheels support the space between the hole pattern, get yourself some lugnuts which you can reuse at will, and have more confidence in the thread contact. For example:

Old 04-03-2018, 04:02 PM
Luky

Originally Posted by Rochester
Not sure I would call a 20mm push "just a little". However, and assuming they're good quality, then that's a great price on a pair of spacer adapters.

Here's a tip on that kind of spacer: ditch those half-height lug nuts. They really suck. As long as your wheels support the space between the hole pattern, get yourself some lugnuts which you can reuse at will, and have more confidence in the thread contact. For example:

Thanks Rochester. I was going to look into some grade 8 nuts that would fit, maybe something stainless steel. I don't think a lug nut as the pic shows would work as the back of the wheels do not have large pockets between the studs.

When I say "a little" that is from the wheel going from a +35 offset to +45 offset on the front. So a 20mm spacer with a +45 offset should only push the wheel out ~10mm more, less than 1/2".

Originally Posted by blnewt
Luky, when you did the test fit was the suspension loaded? I see Rennforms listed in only 2 offsets for an 18x8 in the Infiniti lug pattern, a +35 and +45, even the +35 will be well inside the fender edge when the suspension is loaded. If you just fit the wheels to check caliper clearance on a raised vehicle your camber is way positive and the wheels will be angling out so it looks like they will be poking outside the fender.

When my 10" +45 wheels were fitted w/ 295 wide tires the tires would be at least an inch outside the fender, but when the vehicle came down from the jack the tires tucked right inside the fender.

You should be more than fine clearing those fenders unless you went w/ a wider wheel in back w/ more aggressive specs.
Hey blnewt, they would not compress the suspension so I could see the actual clearance so I had to eyeball it. He kept saying it was as safety issue. I wanted to use a floor jack to compress the rear suspension to see the fit but it was a no go. I am sticking with 245/25-18 tires so they probably would clear but did not want to risk it. The application guide shows a +45 for the rear so it should be good.
Old 04-03-2018, 04:31 PM
Luky

I am thinking some short
 M12 x 1.25 lugs like these M12 x 1.25 lugs like these
for the spacers.