Hub Rings Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2017, 02:48 AM
Walks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hub Rings Question

So I just installed new wheels. I didn't get hub centric rings so driving is making my hands numb. Anyways, I can't find 66.1-70.6 hub rings to save my life. The only thing I can find is 66.1-70.4 rings. It's only a .2mm difference, does it matter? if so can I modify them somehow so they'll fit better? Maybe could I buy rings that are to big and sand them down? Let me know if anyone has any ideas, also any feedback on the looks of car positive or negative are welcome. Thanks everyone! Hub Rings Question-photo229.jpg
Old 03-19-2017, 08:27 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,583 Likes on 3,430 Posts
Have you discussed this with the wheel manufacturer? Also, there are lots of retail outlets selling hub rings on Amazon... start calling them for advice. Are you 100% that you're targeting the correct size?

Opinion... the finish looks great on that color car. What is that, gun metal in satin? Five spokes like that always look real aggressive, like a car that wants to get driven hard. But they also show off the little non-sport brakes, which turns that aggressive image upside down and ends up looking awkward.
Old 03-19-2017, 09:48 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
What brand wheels are they? It should end up being a common oversized hub bore. Ebay sells aluminum ones for just about every size out there for about $15. I'd go aluminum, the plastic ones don't last long.
Old 03-19-2017, 12:39 PM
Walks

Originally Posted by blnewt
What brand wheels are they? It should end up being a common oversized hub bore. Ebay sells aluminum ones for just about every size out there for about $15. I'd go aluminum, the plastic ones don't last long.
It's downforce df5. The wheels are designed for mustangs hence the hub bore of 70.6.
Old 03-19-2017, 09:49 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Yeah, that's an oddball combo as far as finding adapters, I found the same set here
Hub Centric Rings ( 66.1 - 70.4) 66.1mm to 70.4mm - JustForWheels.com
It will fit the Infiniti hub snug and be just a bit loose on the new wheels, since it's a static install you could probably just carefully do a single wrap of electrical tape inside the new wheel bore, the adapter rings are tapered so it should mount ok with that in there. At this point that's the best you can do, and should get the wheel as centered as it will get. Should get rid of minor vibration if it's related to that part of the wheel.
Old 03-20-2017, 01:03 AM
Walks

Originally Posted by blnewt
Yeah, that's an oddball combo as far as finding adapters, I found the same set here
Hub Centric Rings ( 66.1 - 70.4) 66.1mm to 70.4mm - JustForWheels.com
It will fit the Infiniti hub snug and be just a bit loose on the new wheels, since it's a static install you could probably just carefully do a single wrap of electrical tape inside the new wheel bore, the adapter rings are tapered so it should mount ok with that in there. At this point that's the best you can do, and should get the wheel as centered as it will get. Should get rid of minor vibration if it's related to that part of the wheel.
Thanks for looking out. I pulled the trigger on them. Should work pretty well.