PE-Motorwerks Hubcentric Wheel Spacers

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2013, 06:02 PM
dragion
Registered Member

Received 151 Likes on 125 Posts
Question PE-Motorwerks Hubcentric Wheel Spacers

I've decided to finally lower "Selina" with Swifts and was wondering if I should install 20mm spacers?

On my FX's I had H&R Trac+ DRS 20mm spacers and had "zero" issues with them.

I'm on a very strict budget and found the PE-Motorwerks spacers on eBay:
2pc 20mm Hubcentric Wheel Spacers Nissan Infiniti 66 1 66 2 Hub Bore | eBay

Does anyone have any experience with these and would you recommend them?
Old 02-15-2013, 09:01 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Originally Posted by dragion
I've decided to finally lower "Selina" with Swifts and was wondering if I should install 20mm spacers?

On my FX's I had H&R Trac+ DRS 20mm spacers and had "zero" issues with them.

I'm on a very strict budget and found the PE-Motorwerks spacers on eBay:
2pc 20mm Hubcentric Wheel Spacers Nissan Infiniti 66 1 66 2 Hub Bore | eBay

Does anyone have any experience with these and would you recommend them?
I'd strongly recommend a brand name when it comes to spacers. I used 17mm Ichiba V2 spacers from a vendor on the site and never had any vibration issues in about 18 months. Ask for Charles and mention myG37.com, he'll get you a nice price
B2 Auto Designs
Old 02-15-2013, 09:02 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

See my reply in your Swift thread
Old 02-15-2013, 10:56 PM
dragion
Registered Member

Originally Posted by blnewt
I'd strongly recommend a brand name when it comes to spacers. I used 17mm Ichiba V2 spacers from a vendor on the site and never had any vibration issues in about 18 months. Ask for Charles and mention myG37.com, he'll get you a nice price
B2 Auto Designs
Thanks Newt for your advice.

Is there a reason why you went with 17mm and not 20mm?

I've had past experience with H&R's and was very happy with them...how do the Ichiba spacers compare?

Trying to keep costs to a minimum and was hoping to find a sweet deal and have both the Swifts & spacers installed together.

If worst comes to worst, I'll settle for just the Swifts and either pass on the spacers or consider buying later when applicable.

See my reply in your Swift thread
Which thread is this?
Old 02-15-2013, 11:14 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Originally Posted by dragion
Thanks Newt for your advice.

Is there a reason why you went with 17mm and not 20mm?

I've had past experience with H&R's and was very happy with them...how do the Ichiba spacers compare?

Trying to keep costs to a minimum and was hoping to find a sweet deal and have both the Swifts & spacers installed together.

If worst comes to worst, I'll settle for just the Swifts and either pass on the spacers or consider buying later when applicable.

Which thread is this?
Sry, got your other thread mixed in , guess I got cross-threaded

I had 17mm for the rear w/ my previous wheels & tires, I could have went 20 but was a bit worried about the fender edge. I believe both Ichiba & H&R have both bolt on and extended stud versions. I've hear good reviews for both brands, I think the Ichibas cost a bit less. The bolt-ons typically cost a bit more than the extended stud versions but much easier to install and member VQsmile had some good info in this thread about one vs. the other~
What size wheel spacers? - G35Driver
Old 02-15-2013, 11:59 PM
dragion
Registered Member

Sry, got your other thread mixed in , guess I got cross-threaded

I had 17mm for the rear w/ my previous wheels & tires, I could have went 20 but was a bit worried about the fender edge. I believe both Ichiba & H&R have both bolt on and extended stud versions. I've hear good reviews for both brands, I think the Ichibas cost a bit less. The bolt-ons typically cost a bit more than the extended stud versions but much easier to install and member VQsmile had some good info in this thread about one vs. the other~
What size wheel spacers? - G35Driver
Thanks for the link...still leaves a lot of open ended question to which version is better though.
My only experience with spacers are the DRS version which replaces the OEM studs with longer ones. In my mind, they seem to be more safe/secure and likely less of a chance of issues that could arise.
Have additional nuts & bolts with a chance of not being correct isn't something I want to worry about...safety for my family & myself is high priority!

More research is required...
Old 09-13-2014, 08:42 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,583 Likes on 3,430 Posts
Dragion, I'm going to bump one of your old threads for some more spacer talk.

In a few months, I'm going to be buying spacers for my OEM sport rims, which have been relegated as Winter Wheels after purchasing Vossens this past Spring. Like you, I'm dropped on Swift Springs... although I have the RWD Sedan, and you have the AWD Sedan, so the drop is slightly different, and my wheels (both OEM and Vossens) are staggered. So there's some apples-to-oranges consideration here between your car and mine.

My question is on spacer size. I keep bouncing back and forth between 15mm and 20mm for the staggered RWD setup. After a while, I was pretty convinced I'd go with a full set of 15mm, when just now I realized B2 Auto Design was selling staggered spacers; (two 15mm and two 20mm):

B2 Auto Designs

...and now I'm back to the beginning, questioning which to get, a full set of 15mm, or a split set of 15mm and 20mm.

Seems between front and rear, it's the fronts that tuck more than the rear, so the 20mm are for the fronts. (Right?) However, that just seems wrong, pushing the fronts out 5mm more than the rears.

Thoughts, anyone?

Last edited by Rochester; 09-13-2014 at 09:21 AM.
Old 09-13-2014, 08:51 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,583 Likes on 3,430 Posts
Also, B2 Designed Hub-Centric V2 Spacers run about $220/set. Whereas those same spacers from H&R run about $140/set. Eighty dollars is a heck of a large difference. What is it about B2 Designed spacers that makes them worth more than a 50% premium over an established brand like H&R?
Old 09-13-2014, 01:49 PM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts
H&R all the way. Have them on my xS with Swift springs too. 20mm is perfect.