"Maintenance Tire" warning

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2011, 09:20 PM
mxquattro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Maintenance Tire" warning

Im at a loss. I got new tires about 3000 miles ago and all has been fine. In fact was fine before that too. Now I get my Maintenance tire warning pop up every time I start the car. I figured a tire must be low, no problem, Ill check them.
One was low but just barely (32psi all the others were 34). I put in air and got them all to 34. Next time I start up it was there for a second, then went away, cool! I stop for gas and its back again. Now I check all my tires and they are fine. I looked at the door tag and they want 33psi minimum, so I bumped them all up to 35psi (cold) in hopes maybe its ultra sensitive. No go, still have the issue.
Its been maybe 600 miles now with 34-35psi all around and it hasnt gone out. Ive been reading around the forums, do I need to do the reset as outlined here? https://www.myg37.com/forums/d-i-y-i...-for-free.html

Anyone seen this before? Starting to drive me nuts. I gotta say, the electronics on this thing kinda sucks (09 g37xs). The bluetooth SOMETIMES connects to my phone. Or sometimes it will 2 or 300 miles into a trip suddenly. I hate that I cant select a destination from my addressbook for nav if its not on the first page unless Im stopped. wtf. Sorry, Im rambling.. this is about tire warnings
Old 12-23-2011, 09:29 PM
sebounet

Originally Posted by mxquattro
Im at a loss. I got new tires about 3000 miles ago and all has been fine. In fact was fine before that too. Now I get my Maintenance tire warning pop up every time I start the car. I figured a tire must be low, no problem, Ill check them.
One was low but just barely (32psi all the others were 34). I put in air and got them all to 34. Next time I start up it was there for a second, then went away, cool! I stop for gas and its back again. Now I check all my tires and they are fine. I looked at the door tag and they want 33psi minimum, so I bumped them all up to 35psi (cold) in hopes maybe its ultra sensitive. No go, still have the issue.
Its been maybe 600 miles now with 34-35psi all around and it hasnt gone out. Ive been reading around the forums, do I need to do the reset as outlined here? https://www.myg37.com/forums/d-i-y-i...-for-free.html

Anyone seen this before? Starting to drive me nuts. I gotta say, the electronics on this thing kinda sucks (09 g37xs). The bluetooth SOMETIMES connects to my phone. Or sometimes it will 2 or 300 miles into a trip suddenly. I hate that I cant select a destination from my addressbook for nav if its not on the first page unless Im stopped. wtf. Sorry, Im rambling.. this is about tire warnings
It's just to remind you to do a rotation. You have no problem with your tires. just clear it, read the manual
Old 12-23-2011, 11:17 PM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

Received 588 Likes on 492 Posts
^^I was thinking the same thing. I remember seeing a setting for that in one of the convenience options either in the gps display or the one between the gauges.
Old 12-24-2011, 12:58 PM
mxquattro

Unfortunately I didnt get a manual with my car (got it used) but I do have the pdf. I went through it and didnt see anything specifying tire rotation. However I did go through the maintenance reminder screen and reset all of those, but same indicator pops up. I even went back and disabled all of those and I still get it. Am i looking in the wrong place?
Old 12-24-2011, 04:27 PM
sebounet

Originally Posted by mxquattro
Unfortunately I didnt get a manual with my car (got it used) but I do have the pdf. I went through it and didnt see anything specifying tire rotation. However I did go through the maintenance reminder screen and reset all of those, but same indicator pops up. I even went back and disabled all of those and I still get it. Am i looking in the wrong place?
Sorry i can t help you more because i have a non navi

But in my car i need to cancel it in the nav screen and in the MID, what you have between rpm and speed dial
Old 12-24-2011, 04:35 PM
mxquattro

I finally figured it out. Not terribly intuitive though. What threw me is it wasnt through the nav screen, it was through the one on the instrument cluster just as you say sebounet. Thanks for all your help guys!
Old 12-26-2011, 12:53 PM
G4FSR

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Make sure you RESET (to zero) the tire maintenance warning behind the steering wheel console. Reset and change the maintenance interval so it does not pop up as frequently.
I don't rotate my tires but I use this feature to check the tread wear and air pressure.
Old 05-01-2013, 09:24 PM
brizey

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Quick clarification on this...you have to reset it both in the navi system AND in the cluster? Really? Our three year older Acura has better integration. I had reset it in the navigation menu and was going to make an appointment with the dealer to see why it was not resetting properly. So it sounds like that the answer is yes, it does not reset properly, but that is by design. Add this to the ridiculous navigation system that doesn't know what time zone its in and I am having some doubts about Nissan's ability to get the details right with the information systems.
Old 05-01-2013, 10:02 PM
blazeplacid

Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts
just turn the notifications off permanently

id rather drive a G with crappy tech interface than an Acura =)