Will 19 inch OEM sport rims fit the G37x (AWD)?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2009, 11:36 AM
machinist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Will 19 inch OEM sport rims fit the G37x (AWD)?

I'm curious about this. I'm thinking of getting 19" stock sport rims, but not sure if they will fit the G37x (AWD) coupe. From what I know, the AWD coupe cannot have a staggered wheel setup so all wheels would have to be the same size.

Anyone know? Thanks!
Old 02-14-2009, 11:43 AM
AndrewDDS

People on the forum have kicked this around for a while now. To the best of my knowledge, almost everyone agrees that it can be done, but you'll need to buy 4 front wheels instead of a full staggered set. As you know, AWD cars were never meant to have staggered tires, so you'll want to make sure you have 4 identical tires. The best way to do that is to either buy 2 full sets of sport 19's and then try sell the 4 rears. Or just buy 4 brand new fronts from an online retailer, but you're gonna pay out your a$$ for them!
Old 02-14-2009, 11:50 AM
machinist

Good point Andrew. I think the challenge for me will be getting the 4 front wheels to begin with, considering people on forums, etc are probably more likely to want to sell the entire set, rather than break it up. Buying 2 full sets of 19's would take more time and money and ultimately, I'd be at a greater loss, since selling the 4 rears wouldn't get me the money that I would be spending on it. I guess AWD coupes have a few downsides like this that I'll have to deal with. I'll look around online to see what sort of prices I can find..thanks for all your help!
Old 02-14-2009, 12:28 PM
CHI-TOWN G37

Where did this no-no on the staggered setup for the AWD come from?. I know you need to keep the same size as the stock setup in terms of overall wheel/tire diameter, but plenty of AWD performance cars have a staggered setup. The Lamborghini Murcielago and Gallardo are AWD and staggered
Old 02-15-2009, 07:58 PM
canadoc

if the circumference ends up the same then yes staggered can work. But as soon as there is even a bit of difference, the AWD system senses the different speed the wheels turn as slip and it will transfer some power to balance things out. In the long run the system will likely burn out faster as it is working round the clock even when there is no loss of traction.
Old 02-15-2009, 07:59 PM
canadoc

That said, the best thing would be to arrange 2 purchases as either 4 fronts or 4 rears would work, so us AWD coupe owners wanting the OEM 19 inch wheels should get together.....
Old 02-16-2009, 01:19 AM
machinist

Originally Posted by CHI-TOWN G37
Where did this no-no on the staggered setup for the AWD come from?. I know you need to keep the same size as the stock setup in terms of overall wheel/tire diameter, but plenty of AWD performance cars have a staggered setup. The Lamborghini Murcielago and Gallardo are AWD and staggered
Interesting point...I never realized that. I'm not entirely sure where I got this idea from, whether it was from someone on the forums or the dealership. I do wanna play it safe though...so who'd be the best source to ask? I wonder if I just call Infiniti's corporate office, if someone from a particular dept would know. Thanks for the fyi though...I'll also consult with a couple vendors to see how doable this is.
Old 02-16-2009, 01:22 AM
machinist

Originally Posted by canadoc
That said, the best thing would be to arrange 2 purchases as either 4 fronts or 4 rears would work, so us AWD coupe owners wanting the OEM 19 inch wheels should get together.....
I guess there's pros vs cons to a lot of things, but having a staggered setup, assuming that it would put a lot of stress on the AWD system, would be far too big a disadvantage for me to have. Here's the silly question...just how much of a difference will having a staggered setup have vs. all wheels being the same size? Damn, I'd love to see pics on any car to get a visual idea.
Old 02-16-2009, 01:37 AM
sTiLLBaLLiN37
Former Prez of LA G'Z

Received 24 Likes on 3 Posts
Then why didn't Infiniti put the OEM 19s on the AWD G37? THere must be a reason to why they put 18s instead.

Please don't say for Winter season lol
Old 02-16-2009, 01:53 AM
machinist

Originally Posted by sTiLLBaLLiN37
Then why didn't Infiniti put the OEM 19s on the AWD G37? THere must be a reason to why they put 18s instead.

Yeah no kiddin! Ok fine I won't say for winter purposes..haha...I bought winter tires + rims as soon as I bought the car and man, it's unbelievable how well it handles in crappy toronto weather. But I really wanna get my 20's put on as soon as the weather gets better. I just hope being the same size, that it doesn't look weird on the car.
Old 03-31-2010, 10:33 AM
Balzac72
G SQUAD

Well, the reason they did the 18's is precisely due to the weather. Its the same reason in NY, you cannot find any RWD sedans. According to the dealers, they don't sell. People don't buy a heavier AWD car because it's sportier, so infiniti won't give us the 19" wheels. Sucks, but its good business by infiniti. Too many options creates losses for the company.

But I'm also very interested in the 19" setup. Does anyone know the front and rear rim width?
Old 03-31-2010, 10:43 AM
hispeed-lowdrag
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Balzac72
Well, the reason they did the 18's is precisely due to the weather. Its the same reason in NY, you cannot find any RWD sedans. According to the dealers, they don't sell. People don't buy a heavier AWD car because it's sportier, so infiniti won't give us the 19" wheels. Sucks, but its good business by infiniti. Too many options creates losses for the company.

But I'm also very interested in the 19" setup. Does anyone know the front and rear rim width?
That's not necessarily true...at Infiniti of Denver (where there is plenty of snow) there are TONS of RWD coupes.

As far as the OEM 19's go, they are 19x8.5 (225/45/19) and 19x9 (245/40/19)
Old 03-31-2010, 01:00 PM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by CHI-TOWN G37
Keep in mind... the G isn't a Lamborghini... lol
Old 03-31-2010, 01:02 PM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by sTiLLBaLLiN37

Cheaper.
Old 09-08-2014, 12:00 AM
NYG370gt

19 in 370z rays wheels

Originally Posted by machinist
I'm curious about this. I'm thinking of getting 19" stock sport rims, but not sure if they will fit the G37x (AWD) coupe. From what I know, the AWD coupe cannot have a staggered wheel setup so all wheels would have to be the same size.

Anyone know? Thanks!
I have a g37x and wanna do the same I'm willing to purchase the set but would only want the 9in. If your interested call me 7313946579

Quick Reply: Will 19 inch OEM sport rims fit the G37x (AWD)?