pure bad luck with sevas wheel

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2008, 12:41 PM
Weiboy718

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Unhappy pure bad luck with sevas wheel

what's up everybody! when i was driving on the freeway yesterday i suddenly heard a loud bang noise then i started noticing my car pulling to the right so i got off the freeway and checked my tires. turns out to be my front right got a flat. now it's not just a flat but my rim is dented on the lip which wouldn't hold air anymore. these are sevas forged three piece rim i'm talking about. these f ing rims are driving me nuts. when they first arrived and i brought them to my tire guy to get tires installed when we notice two of the rear wheels weren't the same size lip. one is 3 inch and the other is 4 inch. i was like wtf. so i called wheelexecutives and they called sevas and told them the problem. first they told me they sent me the wrong rim and my other rim is sitting in the warehouse and they're gonna send it out the following monday or so and i was relieved. monday i received a call from the owner of sevas and was told my only options are to either send the wheel back or they could send me a lip and get it done out here. somehow he convinced to get it done out here and that's exactly what i did.(big mistake) I then took my rim to advanced wheel repair in SF to get it done. i'm never going back to that place again. it took more than ten days just to replace that lip and when it was done they told me that my tpms is broken. and it was broken before they even took my tire out. in my mind i was like that's bs. so i finally was inspecting the tpms it sure doesn't look like it's been broken while it's inside the wheel. the tpms is super clean and it's broken in half by the valve stem and the sensor. i didn't even bother arguing. slap my rim back on my car and took off. the next day i got up and checked my air and it's got like 10 pounds of air in there. so i added more air and less then 5 hours later the air is gone again. took it to my tire guy and he says he didn't seal it right. so i'm back on my spare again and then what happen yesterday left me stranded on the side of the freeway with my two kids in the back. lucky i was in oakland already and someone was able to come and get them. after waiting like 2 hours the flat bed finally came and towed me to my wife's house. my car is disable with a spare in the back and a flat with a dented lip in the front. i need to get a new set of rims fast. (i'm a big idiot for selling my stockers) i think it's pure bad luck! I paid over 3 grand for these stupid rims. i'm gonna call sevas on monday to see if i could send it back for repair. thanks for listening. i know i said too much already. had to get it out somehow! comments on what to do are welcome!
Old 10-04-2008, 12:56 PM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Sorry to hear about that man... I've always heard good things about Sevas. Hopefully you can get it corrected soon.
Old 10-04-2008, 12:57 PM
Kuz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow this situation really sucks! Sorry to hear about it. Your story is not the first on their quality issues (bending, breaking, cracking). Even so, I am still interested in a wheel of theirs. They just make a great looking wheel.

Good luck with the repair!!!

BTW What wheel was it? R55?
Old 10-04-2008, 01:13 PM
Weiboy718

thanks! i have the r77 in glossy black. don't get sevas. i rather get some cheap rims over them.
Old 10-04-2008, 01:18 PM
nestle_!9

wow im sorry bro for your bad luck ,, youll get over it
Old 10-04-2008, 02:18 PM
07BlackG35Stud

Sorry to say this, but Sevas suck. I was contemplating getting the Championship 5's and about everyone warned me not to make the mistake of purchasing their wheels.

Instead, I decided to stick to what I've previously had: iForged. I had a 3-piece set on my G35 and they were amazing in every aspect. I have therefore ordered another set for my G37

My advice: get rid of them, and get into some good, reputable wheels: iForged, HRE, Work, Volk, DPE (I'm not too fond of DPE but some people claim they are good).
Old 10-04-2008, 02:55 PM
jnguyen

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
wow...does sevas forged really suck ? is this a highly thing that happens often?
Old 10-04-2008, 02:57 PM
07BlackG35Stud

Originally Posted by jnguyennikka
wow...does sevas forged really suck ? is this a highly thing that happens often?
I've heard of some bad stories...I only need to hear about it once to know that it's not worth the risk to me...I rather stick to top of the line wheels!
Old 10-04-2008, 03:06 PM
jnguyen

Originally Posted by 07BlackG35Stud
I've heard of some bad stories...I only need to hear about it once to know that it's not worth the risk to me...I rather stick to top of the line wheels!
man im really worried right now then. Im getting sevas wheels already order them so i really cant go back on them but idk
Old 10-04-2008, 03:11 PM
07BlackG35Stud

man im really worried right now then. Im getting sevas wheels already order them so i really cant go back on them but idk
Remember this doesn't happen to everyone and the cases tend to be rare...I just prefer a brand where this doesn't happen at all...I've even heard of extreme cases before where HRE's have come apart...but again VERY VERY rare. I have just heard more things about Sevas than the more reputable brands, you know?
Old 10-04-2008, 03:12 PM
jnguyen

Originally Posted by 07BlackG35Stud
Remember this doesn't happen to everyone and the cases tend to be rare...I just prefer a brand where this doesn't happen at all...I've even heard of extreme cases before where HRE's have come apart...but again VERY VERY rare. I have just heard more things about Sevas than the more reputable brands, you know?
yeh i know what you mean. Hey im bout to pm your a opinion
Old 10-04-2008, 03:22 PM
07BlackG35Stud

yeh i know what you mean. Hey im bout to pm your a opinion
PM replied.
Old 10-04-2008, 03:32 PM
aznutx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sorry man.
Old 10-04-2008, 03:56 PM
IvoryG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When I was looking into Sevas this post was enough for me to stay away
http://www.slkworld.com/general-modi...va-wheels.html
Old 10-04-2008, 03:57 PM
Weiboy718

thanks everybody! i'm not upset about it anymore! i'm just frustrated about where i could get a new set of low cost rim for now. nobody around the san francisco area has anything that'll fit our cars. any suggestions!

Quick Reply: pure bad luck with sevas wheel