pure bad luck with sevas wheel

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 04:32 PM
JmT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by finagle69
I honestly don't think any of this was Sevas' fault. EXCEPT for possibly too weak of a lip and/or inner barrel.

They sent him new lip quickly. It's not Sevas' fault that the shop that HE chose was crap.

Obvioulsy the mismatched rim depth is Sevas' fault, but that's human error and they owned up to it.

This, just as the OP's topic states, is just pure bad luck.

Sevas has a history of decent customer service. their cast line of wheels has seen some problems lately, but their forged line is pretty good quality.

Agreed.
Old 10-07-2008, 06:03 PM
jnguyen

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by finagle69
I honestly don't think any of this was Sevas' fault. EXCEPT for possibly too weak of a lip and/or inner barrel.

They sent him new lip quickly. It's not Sevas' fault that the shop that HE chose was crap.

Obvioulsy the mismatched rim depth is Sevas' fault, but that's human error and they owned up to it.

This, just as the OP's topic states, is just pure bad luck.

Sevas has a history of decent customer service. their cast line of wheels has seen some problems lately, but their forged line is pretty good quality.
thanks for the reply haha the more i read the more im not worried on my 3 forged sevas wheel i order no more
Old 10-07-2008, 06:25 PM
NIGHTLFEphantom

I think the wheel mixed match is fault on SEVAS part. They should have paid for him to get the lip fixed at a place close to his location that they know is trust worthy since it was their fault that the lip was a different size than the other 3. The flat tire could've just been bad luck. SEVAS just took a huge negative rep after this incident from the G37 community and it will most likely spread to other forums... I think the best solution here is to give him a brand new rim at no cost. That's my opinion.
Old 10-07-2008, 06:41 PM
jnguyen

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by NIGHTLFEphantom
I think the wheel mixed match is fault on SEVAS part. They should have paid for him to get the lip fixed at a place close to his location that they know is trust worthy since it was their fault that the lip was a different size than the other 3. The flat tire could've just been bad luck. SEVAS just took a huge negative rep after this incident from the G37 community and it will most likely spread to other forums... I think the best solution here is to give him a brand new rim at no cost. That's my opinion.
as soon as i get my wheels and look at it and drive on it then i will see if i will back up sevas or do the same and blame em
Old 10-07-2008, 07:55 PM
finagle69

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by NIGHTLFEphantom
but that's foolish. the only part that was damaged was the lip/barrel. it would be a poor business decision to just *give* him a whole new rim.
Old 10-07-2008, 08:12 PM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Old 10-07-2008, 10:38 PM
sleekmotoring

Update - Problem solved today. New shoes installed.

Last edited by sleekmotoring; 10-07-2008 at 10:42 PM.
Old 10-07-2008, 10:56 PM
Hpauto
Banned

Having sold virtually every brand of forged wheels, I can honestly say that no company will/has had a perfect track record w their wheels. We have had HRE, Asanti, GFG, and Iforged wheels crack as well. I know Sevas had a few issues w their cast wheels but forged wheels are generally way stronger but they can still crack (just more forgiving than cast). As far as them fixing the prob, thats a blessing on its own. Many of these large companies, dont give a crap about their customers or even (us) as dealers. When they get to it, is when they get to it. You would think that if it was their fault, they would pay to have things expedited but that will never ever happen. Has never happened to us, even for our personal vehicles w any wheel company. I think at the end of the day, the timetable kinda sucks but at least they fixed the problem.
Old 10-07-2008, 11:09 PM
nogoodname
Banned

^ ur a guy good guy and honest.
Old 10-07-2008, 11:47 PM
sleekmotoring

I totally agree with you on this one. There is no wheel company with a perfect track record. But the difference is the other companies that are willing to take care of the customer and the problem immediatly. Its just sort of unusual that weiboy and many others are not the first to say that Sevas customer service, and the way they handle situations, is very un-profesional.

Originally Posted by Hpauto
Having sold virtually every brand of forged wheels, I can honestly say that no company will/has had a perfect track record w their wheels. We have had HRE, Asanti, GFG, and Iforged wheels crack as .....................problem.
Old 10-07-2008, 11:54 PM
Hpauto
Banned

Originally Posted by sleekmotoring
I totally agree with you on this one. There is no wheel company with a perfect track record. But the difference is the other companies that are willing to take care of the customer and the problem immediatly. Its just sort of unusual that weiboy and many others are not the first to say that Sevas customer service, and the way they handle situations, is very un-profesional.
I think every company will take care of their customers whether it may be through the dealer or direct w customers. I think its just a matter of when they get to it Its a blessing to get a manufacturer to drop what they do and help at the point of issue.
Old 10-07-2008, 11:56 PM
Hpauto
Banned

Originally Posted by sleekmotoring

Oh btw, your car looks hot w the wheels
Old 10-08-2008, 01:41 AM
Weiboy718

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
dang! i feel bad for opening this thread. i really didn't meant to hurt sevas or the people who ordered their rims. i just wanted to share what i went through.

thanks to Sam over at Sleek Motoring in Mountain View for hooking up my rims. my car is up and running once again and hope nothing will happen!
Old 12-30-2008, 10:42 PM
Weiboy718

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs down

update! since i started this thread sevas was feeling the heat and offered to fix my wheels for free. okay! i sent them one front and one rear wheel. total of two. then guess what? only one freaking wheel came in when there were suppose to be two. wtf? damn! i'm sick and tired dealing with guys man! they never answer my call or returning them. freaking bad business! i can't explain how mad i am right now about this stupid azz company. i definitely can't see how they could still be in business for treating their customers like crap. sorry but i had to let it go here. thanks for listening!
Old 12-30-2008, 11:04 PM
ChOy BoY

oh man..and i was thinking of getting sevas forged line too

Quick Reply: pure bad luck with sevas wheel