VPP Purchasing VPP Purchasing

Need help about to close deal. Is It Good?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 01:21 AM
Bx_KaotiK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need help about to close deal. Is It Good?

So im workin on closing deal on a 2009 g37 awd coupe vibrant red and black leather with navi and premium. its a dealer in new york and the car is somewhere down south. it should be in 4-5 days he says and then we will make the final price. i left 250 deposit just to hold the car and was told if i did not like the car or anything i would be refunded. the 250 will also be used towards down payment if i purchase the car. On my receipt it shows unit price 37,932 so i am assuming that is the invoice price. I will be financing and wanted my max monthly payments to be 600. i was told if i left 5000 down payment it would be around 577 i think he said. I also asked if he can throw in the rear spoiler and was told would be a lil extra but they will install it once it was in. Since i have 4-5 days to think this through i wanted to go bak prepared. I just received a B class VPP So my questions are,

1. Even with out my VPP do u guys think its a good price?
2. How much would it be once the B class vpp is applied?
3. Is it true the 2009 coupes have somewhere around 4000 incentive that
can be applied to reduce price?
4. Since i live in boston massachusetts will i be paying ny state tax 8.8% or my states 5%. I have been living here for just a couple weeks idk if that would make a difference.
5. if a dealer runs a vpp price check can it be used again at different dealerships to find best option?
6. i really wanted the 19 wheels and tire package on the car but was told cant be done unless it was already included in car from factory. is this true?

Thank You in advance, i would appreciate any answers or opinions offered. Its my first car and i want it to be perfect but done right.
Peter
Old 03-11-2010, 07:22 AM
da mayor

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
i have a vibrant red/graphite with premium/nav in stock. you should've PM'ed me.
Old 03-11-2010, 12:54 PM
pwlorraine

You will pay sales tax where you register the car. You will need to find out from the dealer how to handle an out-of-state registration - I expect you'll need to bring the plates with you when you pick up the car - but perhaps there is some clever way the dealer knows about.

Peter
Old 03-11-2010, 01:43 PM
redwillow
Registered Member

need more info...

is this new or used? if new what is the msrp?

3. Is it true the 2009 coupes have somewhere around 4000 incentive that
can be applied to reduce price?
I don't know about vpp but if it's new 2009 you should be paying no more than around $8 under msrp. I just got one 2 months ago for that and the prices are obviously even less now.

Since i live in boston massachusetts will i be paying ny state tax 8.8% or my states 5%
you pay the tax for the state you register it in...it depends on the dealership if they will collect and submit it to your state or you pay it directly when you register it, since they are in NY.

6. i really wanted the 19 wheels and tire package on the car but was told cant be done unless it was already included in car from factory. is this true?
well not technically, but if the dealership adds them on after the fact it would cost ALOT more than the package. Your best bet is to just find some take-offs and add them yourself after you get the car.
Old 03-12-2010, 12:22 AM
Bx_KaotiK

thanks for the responses. O and yes the car is new i called my dealer today and was told the msrp was 41 and change. i checked on edmunds.com and was shown 44 and change msrp for the car i wanted with its options. i doubt my dealer could be that much lower of msrp for same car so im a bit lost.
Old 03-13-2010, 11:54 PM
pwlorraine

If I had to guess I'd say they are talking 4dr and you are talking coupe - or they are missing an option, or they are telling you invoice rather than MSRP. All get you to that 41k option. But the communication has broken down somewhere.

Peter