Vendor Comments/Reviews/Feedback Comments, Reviews, and Feedback on MyG37 Vendors

Diode Dynamics LEDs, HIDs, & Switchbacks

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2013, 07:59 PM
STEVEfromLA
Registered Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Diode Dynamics LEDs, HIDs, & Switchbacks

I bought a '12 G37XS a couple of months ago and just started some mods. I previously was a moderator on another website and purchased HID conversion kits and LEDs from Diode Dynamics, so I have previous knowledge and experience of their products.

Order: All Stage 2 interior LEDS, reverse lights, and city lights along with 6000K HIDS, and 4300k Fog lights.

Review:
Interior Stage 2 LEDs (Dome, Map, Vanity, Door, Glove, Trunk):
All LEDs worked perfectly and look great. The wife had no idea why I would want to change to LEDs, but quickly came around to it. I had to adjust a couple of LEDs a little bit for a full connection, but almost all went in and turned on right out of the box. They match well with the Infiniti illuminated kick plates. Install was easy using details from the website. All have been installed expect for the glove box. Total install time 30 min.

Exterior Stage 2 LEDs (license plate and reverse lights):
The license plate lights were easy to install and look perfect. Very classy looking.Install was quick and easy (5 min). The Reverse lights look great and match the pure white with the rest of the car. The install was extremely easy using a DIY that 180 posted. Install time (5 min). I like the look, but my personal preference is to go brighter on this one. I've contacted DD and are lining up the pre-order stage 3s.

Headlights (City, 6K HIDs, and Switchbacks):
I love the headlights! I've always preferred 5K HIDs as I have friends with different cars who purchased 6K and I found it to blue. I was hesitant on our cars since I really wanted 5K. After a lot of reading with our lenses the 6K are right at what I'm used to with 5K. I'm so glad that worked perfectly. The install for the Driver's side and passenger side was able to be done just by turning the wheels in. The passenger side was a lot more cramped though due to windshield washer tank and its extra wiring. The DIYs all are for the older g37s, so weren't a ton of help. City lights are the easiest to change. The 6K HIDs look great, but I did experience one HID bulb that DD is helping we swap out since it turns on at first, but goes off. I swapped sides and it followed the bulb. No issues of this with the other bulb. The Switchbacks were the most difficult as one of the two bulbs wouldn't stay connected and fell into the headlight housing 4 times. That fishing experience took about an hour total. DD has great service, so they would change this bulb out for me with no problem, but I was finally able to tape the bulb in to keep secured. This install took a couple of hours. Total time maybe 2- 2.5 hours, with an hour of that fishing the switchback bulbs out.

Fogs: (4300k)
I love how close the 4300k fogs match the 6k HIDs! The fogs have a different lens and come out more true of a color. Definitely not as yellow as the stock HIDs. I was able to install these on the drivers by turning the wheel in and folding back the wheel well. The passenger side I took everyone's note and just removed the wheel and folded the wheel well back. You will have to take off the wheel well and go from below between the bumper and washer tank. I feel I could have install this again without removing the wheel, but for a first time you need to remove the wheel so you can get a view if everything. Install time 30 min.

Service:
I was able to talk and email with a couple of people. Mike and Nick at DD, both were extremely helpful. Email response was quick.

Shipping:
Shipping was super quick. Boxing was great and secure. My shipment didn't have the LEDs labelled on what each was for, so I had to look up each on their site on the picture and the bulb type. DD would have helped me, but I had some off time for the holidays.

Final notes:
I'd highly recommend DD as you know you are getting a great product, great price, great service, and great warranty. I've dealt with them before and help you through the whole process.

Pics soon to come.