Vendor Comments/Reviews/Feedback Comments, Reviews, and Feedback on MyG37 Vendors

DPE Wheels.... My never ending nightmare.

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 12:34 PM
ZOSTER33
Premier Member

Received 228 Likes on 166 Posts
Originally Posted by NeverBoneStock
The BBB is a joke . They have absolutely No power to do anything ... They are just a entity ..
It's worked for me the couple of times I needed help resolving an issue with a business....his emails are getting ignored anyways so it wouldn't hurt to just try.
Old 06-18-2012, 03:29 PM
TeRRoRiFiC35

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
And here is the damage I was talking about:
Name:  IMG_0156.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  159.0 KB
Name:  IMG_0157.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  105.3 KB
Old 06-18-2012, 05:42 PM
DPE G

Received 112 Likes on 73 Posts
Not sure why you PMed me about this, I do not work for DPE, but I have had great experience with both sets of my wheels. Custom takes time, but this has been an ongoing problem with your wheels, I do not know all the details so I won't side either way. I do know it took 6-8 weeks for both sets of my wheels as I was told when I ordred them. Good luck getting this all straigtened out.
Old 06-18-2012, 06:41 PM
soolman32

Received 127 Likes on 108 Posts
Sorry to see you're still dealing with this. hoping they take notice and resolve this for you. Good luck with everything.
Old 06-18-2012, 07:46 PM
P Casey
Premier Member

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Dam thats no good
Old 06-18-2012, 11:28 PM
Z gave way to G

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OP sorry for all the headaches you have endured over this! I will thank you, however, by taking off your pic of the guy wearing the Pikachu mask. (you?) That always creeped the hell out of me!! haha
Old 06-19-2012, 02:35 PM
TeRRoRiFiC35

I just got off the phone with them. I didn't want to speak on the phone with them because I knew they would make me angry and they did. First Sean says he was going to send my wheel overnight now that is done UNTIL he and the other people read my posts and were "appauled" I would handle this situation like this. They then wanted to know how I would like to pay for shipping. I of course at this point become LIVID and tell them I refuse to pay for shipping back had I known they would try that I would have never shipped them the wheel in the first place. He then goes on about why I would bring up stuff in the past. There is a simple reason, it shows a damn pattern of my problems leading up to this. Then he goes on to say he will be posting up ALL the emails between us. Go the **** ahead, it still doesn't excuse all the missed ship dates and why it took over 5 weeks for you to get this done this time. Then he tries to say he hasn't had it since the date I said. Well here you go *******, here is the Fedex tracking number: 468600115169885. We go back and forth, I am livid already and I hang up the phone.
Old 06-19-2012, 02:42 PM
DRQKNHT
SoCal Driven

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
WOW. That is just crazy that your thread is causing them to try and get back at you now by FURTHER not following through on their end and demanding you pay for shipping now.

Thats BS dude.
Old 06-19-2012, 02:42 PM
TeRRoRiFiC35

And all the emails this time around
Shaun Gleeson

Apr 15

to sean
Hey Sean,

I ordered a set of S20's off you last year. I finally got around to putting these on two weeks ago. When I was cleaning my car today I found something that disturbed me, part of the paint on the front wheels chipped off. I have attached pics of it. Just thought I would show you this because this doesn't look right to me. This happened within the last 3 days because I washed my car on Thursday and that wasn't there.
Sean@DPE via yourhostingaccount.com

Apr 16

to me

Hi Shaun,

From the looks of the photo’s you sent me, there is no way to specifically determine the cause of the damage. It can be a series of multiple causes that this happened. I have looked up your old order and your wheels are still under warranty until the end of this month. If you would like to send us the wheel back, I can have it examined to specifically identify the cause and hopefully cover it under warranty.

Thank you,

Sean Esfahanian

DPE Wheels | USA

949.333.3737 Phone

949.333.3738 Fax

DPE Wheels | Custom Forged Wheels
Shaun Gleeson

Apr 16

to sean
Well here is my problem Sean, right now these are my only set of wheels with tires. My OEM's don't have tires on them right now because I wore those down to the bone and took off the tires in anticipation of throwing on Blizzaks once winter came closer. This is also on my daily driver which is AWD so I can't roll around for long distances on the spare without messing up my differential.

Apr 16

to me

Shaun,

I understand and this is not an ideal situation to be in. At this point, I can make a note on the order to keep this under warranty for the time being.

Thank you,

Sean Esfahanian

DPE Wheels | USA

949.333.3737 Phone

949.333.3738 Fax

Shaun Gleeson

Apr 16

to sean
Forgot to mention this also. If you find that it was in fact the powdercoating that did in fact flake off, that would mean it would need to be redone. And if it would need to be redone, I would want all the wheels redone because they would all run the risk of the same thing happening and the color has a high risk of not matching the other 3 wheels.

As you can see from the wheels in the pic, there is absolutely no other damage to the wheel besides paint missing. It's missing in a weird section also for any damage to occur from the possibility of road debris.

Apr 16

to me

Shaun,

If we find that it is a powder issue, we would just re-done the one center that has the issue. We will only warranty was is a defective part and are not able to warranty parts that have no issue. The matte black powder is a standard powder coat which has never had the problem of not matching as we do repairs all the time.

Thank you,

Sean Esfahanian

DPE Wheels | USA

949.333.3737 Phone

949.333.3738 Fax

Shaun Gleeson

Apr 19

to sean
Sean,

What is the address I should send this one wheel to? Should I enclose anything with it? I should be sending it back to you sometime next week.

Apr 20

to me

Shaun,

Please make sure the tire is dismounted and the wheel is packed properly in the box. We do not want any damages to the wheel on its way here. Once this is complete, let me know and I will forward you our address.

Thank you,

Sean Esfahanian

DPE Wheels | USA

949.333.3737 Phone

949.333.3738 Fax

Shaun Gleeson

Apr 27

to sean
Sean,

I should be able to send the wheel out on Monday. I took the wheels off last Saturday night but haven't had time to get the tire dismounted because of my new job. Thought I would update you.

Apr 27

to me

Shaun,

Get in touch with me on Monday to confirm shipping (1) wheel back.

Thank you,

Sean Esfahanian

DPE Wheels | USA

949.333.3737 Phone

949.333.3738 Fax

Shaun Gleeson

May 3

to sean
Hey Sean,

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner, I've been working late every night at my new job. I plan to ship the wheel out tomorrow either during my lunch or after work. What is the address this should go to? Should I include anything inside the box? I already have the wheel covered with bubble wrap and shrink wrap.

May 4

to me

Shaun,

Please make sure the wheel is packed properly. If you can include my name somewhere in there and also identify the problem.

Our address is:

188 Technology Drive.

Suite G

Irvine, ca 92618

Thank you,

Sean Esfahanian

DPE Wheels | USA

949.333.3737 Phone

949.333.3738 Fax

Shaun Gleeson

May 5

to sean
Tracking Number 468600115169885 Fedex

Your name is on the box and in a little letter inside the box.
Shaun Gleeson

May 21

to sean
What was your conclusion as to why the paint chipped off? When should I be getting the rim back?

May 21

to me

Shaun,

The center is being stripped now. Once complete, we will re-powder coat.

Thank you,

Sean Esfahanian

DPE Wheels | USA

949.333.3737 Phone

949.333.3738 Fax

Jun 6 (12 days ago)

to me

Shaun,

Your wheel will be ready to ship out early next week!

Thank you,

Sean Esfahanian

DPE Wheels | USA

949.333.3737 Phone

949.333.3738 Fax

Shaun Gleeson

Jun 18 (1 day ago)

to sean
Where is the wheel? It has been a full 5 weeks now that it has been in
your possession and that is beyond long enough to strip and repaint
the wheel. After the HUGE mess you put me through the first time to
get these, I expected better service for a flaw on a product you
provided but once again I was proved wrong. If you want to tell me it
is your powdercoaters fault it is taking this long, I don't care
because the turn around time to do what needed to be done is NO LONGER
THAN A WEEK AND A HALF. This is the EXACT reason why I asked you to
provide a temporary set because I had the feeling something like this
would happen. I want the wheel OVERNIGHTED now, that is the least you
can do for all the headaches you have caused me. I would also like to
point out that my warrenty shouldn't have ended when it did since I
didn't get the wheels the first time around till AUGUST. Once again, I
want the wheel back.

1:27 PM (1 hour ago)

to me
Shaun,

I have tried calling you with no answer. Please give me a call at my
office.

Thank you,

Sean Esfahanian
DPE Wheels | USA
949.333.3737 Phone
949.333.3738 Fax
Old 06-19-2012, 04:13 PM
J0J0

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would first like to apologize to the owners, the moderators, and the community of this forum for responding to this thread on behalf of DPE as we are currently not a sponsor. However, I feel it is required for DPE to respond.

That being said, I would also like to apologize to terrorific35 for your experience in 2011. I would also be frustrated with the delay. In manners such as this, it is not the intention of the representative give you the run around or what appeared to be. From the manner you described, it seems as if the communication and/or information should have been handled better, but in all fairness ... there are always varying accounts of a situation. This doesn't mean I do not believe you, I am merely stating there is always variances of a situation. I will say it isn't your problem if there is a backorder with steplips by our lip supplier (this happens to all custom wheels companies at one time or another), or if powdercoat has a bottleneck because in the end you are doing business with DPE not our outsourced vendors. Our representative informs you not as an excuse, but an explanation on what is going on. Regarding your statement "That makes me question why are you telling me it was the lips and not the inner" ... lips, rims, barrels terminology are all one in the same as there is an inner lip and outer lip, etc. So it was more of a misunderstanding regarding terminology in your statement.

Due to the extreme delay with the steplip backorder in 2011, I am not sure why it wasn't mentioned that the DPE represenative and yourself worked together at the time to your satisfaction by way of compensation of one form or another hence no post of your dissatisfaction or frustration in 2011.

Regarding your powdercoat issue, please also know our situation as we were notified of the powdercoat a year later from delivery, but the representative understood that due to the climate of the state you live in, you waited a year to install them, thus would be covered under warranty. Please also understand that many customers, not insinuating you of course, mistakenly may spray them with harmful chemicals causing this, but in light of what you explained to the representative, he warrantied it. The reason why the representative didn't send you a replacement in the meantime is we do not stock wheels as we are built to order. Regarding all 4 being re-powdercoated to match ... it is not a custom color or some form of anodize, which would require that ... it is black. If it was, DPE would have brought all 4 back.

Lastly, nothing is being taken into account that the wheel took 7 days in shipping to be received by DPE. The stripping and repowdercoat of the wheel and assembly should not have taken more than 2 weeks, but it has taken longer due to circumstances that are not your problem. The representative who worked with you in 2011 and working on your powdercoat warranty issue now was unaware of your frustration as no calls have been made to DPE regarding. Your wheel is complete and he has attempted to call you without success.

It is everyone's right to post on the forums and share good and bad experiences, but I feel it is equally important for both accounts of the situations are expressed so that the members that chime in or don't chime in, are allowed to make decisions based on both views. DPE like any company has issues or problems whether what the end customer's account is valid or invalid ... we always resolve or work together with the end customer if we are made aware of the issue. Perhaps the reason why you do not see many of these types of threads over our 9 yr history is most end customers inform us and we always take care of them regardless if they state they will post on the forums or not. If a company after being informed of a situation/issue does not offer solutions or resolve things, then the experience should be shared with the public on the forums. I do not see the point of sharing past experiences that have been agreed and resolved by both parties in the past or posting dissatisfaction with something without contacting the company first to give them the opportunity to fix whatever the issue is.

Note: I only know of one wheel brand in the USA that powdercoats in-house while the others outsource it ... at times to the same powdercoat vendor.

I am sure the DPE representative will continue to attempt to contact you via phone to further discuss.

Addendum after DPE rep spoke to Terrorific35: Sean informed me the two of you spoke. As grown adults attempting to resolve matters, it is imporant that cursing and yelling is not done when trying to discuss things to work together. Due to the extended delay with the repair, Sean stated that he would be shipping to you at DPE's expense, but you insisted on cursing while demanding overnight. At that time instead of cursing, yelling, and hanging up, perhaps requesting to speak to a supervisor who can make that call would have been the best. Your wheel is completed and will be shipped to you and he will provide tracking.

DPE does not wish to have an online battle of views or what has transpired. Issue in 2011, was mutually agreed and compensation was given back in 2011. The 2012 repowdercoat under warranty was delayed, but is now complete and will be shipped at DPE's expense as discussed. Continued cursing by Terrorific35 both online and via phone as well as yelling and hanging up via phone is not a manner in which adults should conduct themselves especially while trying to work together to resolve any issues. Thus, we will not longer respond to this thread moving forward. I have had the opportunity to respond on behalf of DPE. It is Terrorific35's right to continue to post and it is apparent his account of his conversation with the DPE representative varies. Unfortunately, he will not be satisfied nor would be with anything DPE would try to work with him on.

Thank you.
Old 06-19-2012, 04:33 PM
TeRRoRiFiC35

Compensation in 2011? I didn't get a discount or expedited shipping......

Be happy I didn't record the conversation.......
Old 06-19-2012, 04:42 PM
TeRRoRiFiC35

But if you recorded it, please post it up. I want everyone to listen to the conversation. I started cursing at him when he called me a liar flat out. When you call a customer a liar on the phone, don't expect them to be nice to you. I spoke sternly the entire conversation till that point because NO ONE CALLS ME A LIAR.
Old 06-19-2012, 05:09 PM
TeRRoRiFiC35

And to prove he never called multiple times:
Name:  IMG_0262.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  79.2 KB
Old 06-19-2012, 05:21 PM
ZOSTER33
Premier Member

Received 228 Likes on 166 Posts
You got their attention now bro, go count to 10 and relax now. Stop getting all worked up, its not healthy for you. Hopefully you get your wheel by the end of the week!
Old 06-19-2012, 05:59 PM
TeRRoRiFiC35

I emailed the owner since he is believing his employee over me. Maybe he will answer me, maybe not. The owner can answer to posts from a third person POV through what his employee has told him, but the evidence points to other. I also prompted him to listen to the phone convo if it was recorded since I only used the F word twice; not once did I say something derogatory to the employee even after he called me a liar. Also told him the ways he could have made both situations right. Will they change their business practice that they are always right? Prob not.

I also have an ace up my sleeve if they continue to lie.

Quick Reply: DPE Wheels.... My never ending nightmare.