Vendor Comments/Reviews/Feedback Comments, Reviews, and Feedback on MyG37 Vendors

DPE Wheels.... My never ending nightmare.

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2012, 10:00 PM
TeRRoRiFiC35

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
DPE Wheels.... My never ending nightmare.

I thought I would tell you all my story thus far with my experience with DPE. I originally ordered my S20's with step lips and matte black centers on April 22, 2011 through DPE, not a dealer. After paying half the amount of the wheels that day I was told these would take 4-6 weeks to get done. On May 27, 2011 I received a call from one of the DPE representatives telling me my wheels would ship out after Memorial Day. When I did not receive an e-mail with a tracking number nor an update, I decided to e-mail them on June 6, 2011. They told me my wheels were in the final stages of being put together and should be shipped out soon. Once again no word from them so I e-mailed them on June 15, 2011 to find out what the deal was and receive no answer at all this time. I e-mail them again on June 22, 2011 telling them how upset I was with the situation at hand and they finally decide to answer because I also had a sponsor on my350z to contact them. They finally decide to tell me they don't have the step lips I wanted and were waiting for the shipment to come in. Figuring it shouldn't take much longer, I decided to give them another opportunity to make this situation right. On July 13, 2011 I e-mail them again giving them an ultimatum of finishing my wheels that week or to give me a full refund. They e-mail me back asking me to call them to discuss options and the person I needed to speak to wasn't there(yet somehow e-mailed me). The next day they call me and reassure me that my wheels will be shipped out the next day. Obviously they missed their ship date yet again. On July 20, 2011 they tell me they finally got my step lips and they were polishing them so they could put them together. Next day I receive an e-mail containing pics of the wheels with an e-mail stating "Here is a shot of the center I just took, and I have the barrels that we got in today when I was supposed to get them on Monday.". That makes me question why are you telling me it was the lips and not the inner barrel. I finally get the wheels at my house AUGUST 10, 2011. After that, I decided I wasn't going to throw the on till next spring since it was too late in the summer for me to justify using them. I put them in my bedroom and leave them there.

The spring comes and I put on the wheels finally. After two weeks of use, one of the wheel's powdercoating chips off with no damage being made from an outside source. I tell DPE about this and they tell me to ship the wheel to them. Being pissed off about this, I tell them I want them to send me a replacement wheel in the mean time or to powdercoat all 4 wheels because I fear the color won't match. They assure me it will match and that they won't send me a replacement for the time being. Just wanting this to be over with, I ship out the wheel and they receive it on May 11 of this year. On June 6 they tell me my wheel should ship out the following week. Obviously since I am posting this I still don't have the wheel. It does not take 5 weeks to strip the paint and powdercoat it. Even if they email me tomorrow saying it was shipped out, it still doesn't excuse these problems. I just want the damn wheel back already so I can sell them since I am getting rid of the car they were on. Never again will I buy a set of wheels from them.
Old 06-17-2012, 10:16 PM
hinomura

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
I can only imagine that if OP is venting here about this terrible experience, I can surely bet that he is venting on my350z.com as well as other sites. The worst thing that a company can do is to lie to a customer. It's always better to own up to a mistake, quickly fix the fault, and throw in some free swag to make up for the lost time and goodwill. In my business classes I was always told that pissing off one customer actually meant you lost 6-10 customers through word of mouth. With the number of members here and on other nissan/infiniti forums I can only imagine how many people are viewing this thread. DPE, you just lost another potential customer cause I sure as hell won't risk my time or money on BS like this. Thanks for the heads up Terrorific35, sorry for your trouble and I hope things turn out well for you.
Old 06-17-2012, 10:26 PM
Rad_Slinger

Received 81 Likes on 59 Posts
Sorry for your troubles op.

I know where I won't be buying wheels from.......
Old 06-17-2012, 10:27 PM
icfp1980

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Man I have been following your wheel story from the beginning. Sorry u have to keep dealing with this. I had a similar situation with my last set of wheels. No bueno with Iconz. Hope it all works out.
Old 06-17-2012, 11:33 PM
ZOSTER33
Premier Member

Received 228 Likes on 166 Posts
Damn, that really bites! Guess I'm lucky, in a sense, that I got my wheels from a forum member and not direct. I wonder if he went through the same thing? sorry for all the trouble you are going through. Report then to the BBB. You'll be surprised how fast people fix things once the BBB call them.
Old 06-17-2012, 11:52 PM
TeRRoRiFiC35

I've just had enough of their bull****, they deserve the bad press now.
Old 06-18-2012, 12:00 AM
ZOSTER33
Premier Member

Received 228 Likes on 166 Posts
Originally Posted by TeRRoRiFiC35
I've just had enough of their bull****, they deserve the bad press now.
BBB...Better Business Bureau. Call them 2moro!
Old 06-18-2012, 12:55 AM
AroundTheG37
Registered Member

Received 223 Likes on 161 Posts
I will never, ever, ever have another one of these stupid supposed "designer" wheel companies "custom" make me a set of wheels again. They all seem to be one in the same no matter who they are and it never seems to be worth it in the long run. Good luck OP.
Old 06-18-2012, 01:11 AM
NeverBoneStock
Premier Member

Received 69 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by ZOSTER33
BBB...Better Business Bureau. Call them 2moro!
The BBB is a joke . They have absolutely No power to do anything ... They are just a entity ..
Old 06-18-2012, 01:23 AM
Rad_Slinger

Originally Posted by NeverBoneStock
The BBB is a joke . They have absolutely No power to do anything ... They are just a entity ..
Truth. It's just someone to lodge a complaint to. They keep records and rate businesses...that's it.

They ain't gonna do jack.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:11 AM
TeRRoRiFiC35

This is the exact email I sent them this morning:
Where is the wheel? It has been a full 5 weeks now that it has been in
your possession and that is beyond long enough to strip and repaint
the wheel. After the HUGE mess you put me through the first time to
get these, I expected better service for a flaw on a product you
provided but once again I was proved wrong. If you want to tell me it
is your powdercoaters fault it is taking this long, I don't care
because the turn around time to do what needed to be done is NO LONGER
THAN A WEEK AND A HALF. This is the EXACT reason why I asked you to
provide a temporary set because I had the feeling something like this
would happen. I want the wheel OVERNIGHTED now, that is the least you
can do for all the headaches you have caused me. I would also like to
point out that my warrenty shouldn't have ended when it did since I
didn't get the wheels the first time around till AUGUST. Once again, I
want the wheel back.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:14 AM
Rad_Slinger

Maybe it's time to talk to an attorney?

Even if they just send a nasty letter. That's usually enough to get someone's attention.
Old 06-18-2012, 11:34 AM
TeRRoRiFiC35

Trust me, that rang through my head.
Old 06-18-2012, 12:09 PM
TeRRoRiFiC35

And here are the emails from last summer minus the one containing pics and tracking number:

Sent: Wednesday, July 20, 2011 3:41 PM
To: Sean@DPE
Subject: Re: FW: Price inquery

Photo's? And I might as well bring this in. If my wheels are not shipped by Friday, this order is getting cancelled. You told me THE LATEST these would ship was TUESDAY..... It is now Wednesday, I have no pics, and the wheels aren't shipped. This is just becoming a headache now. This is the 13th week. I was frustrated last week and this is just making me angrier now. No matter what I shouldn't be forced to wait any longer than this. And since you failed once again to get my ship date correct, I want to know what you are going to do to make this right. Upgrading the shipping now is not good enough.
On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 5:32 PM, Sean@DPE <sean@dpe-wheels.com> wrote:

Shaun,

Working on getting the photo’s, I have not forgotten.

Thank you,

Sean Esfahanian
DPE Wheels | USA
949.333.3737 Phone
949.333.3738 Fax
DPE Wheels
Sent: Monday, July 18, 2011 12:12 PM
To: sean@dpe-wheels.com
Any pics of the complete product?
On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 11:53 AM, sean@dpe-wheels.com <sean@dpe-wheels.com> wrote:

Shaun,

I will Cally oh today around noon as I am in production till then.

Thank you
To: "Sean@DPE" <sean@dpe-wheels.com>
Sent: Thu, Jul 14, 2011 13:02:43 GMT+00:00

I called yesterday and whoever I talked to said you would give me a call back........
On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 12:28 PM, Sean@DPE <sean@dpe-wheels.com> wrote:

Shaun,
I completely understand your frustration as we are at the end of the road with the U.S suppliers on barrels. Please give me a call today and I can discuss a few options with you on what we can do to solve the issue at hand.

Thank you,
Sean Esfahanian
DPE Wheels | USA
949.333.3737 Phone
949.333.3738 Fax
DPE Wheels
Sent: Wednesday, July 13, 2011 6:09 AM

Well Sean, here we are another 3 weeks in and I have yet to hear from you. This makes this now a total of 12 weeks, double the amount of the longest time you said the wheels would be shipped. I am at a loss for words of how pissed off I am right now with this situation. I find this to be highly unacceptable right now since I could have received a set of wheels from Japan by now if I had ordered them. At this point if you do not have the step lips in your possession as of today, I would like to get a FULL refund on this order. If you didn't have the lips when you called me, you shouldn't have told me when they were going to be shipped. You can go blame your distributor of the step lips for this all you want but it doesn't excuse not making me aware of the problem. As I stated before, I would like a full refund and be done with this nonsense if you don't have the lips in and are going to ship my wheels today.
On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 7:13 PM, Sean@DPE <sean@dpe-wheels.com> wrote:

Hey Shaun,

I do apologize for the very long wait as I know you have been patient. To be honest, the wheels were ready but we have been back ordered on the outer step lips. That’s why this is taking quite some time. We are currently working on expediting all step lip orders as they have been back ordered.

Thank you,
Sean Esfahanian
DPE Wheels | USA
949.333.3737 Phone
949.333.3738 Fax
DPE Wheels
Sent: Wednesday, June 22, 2011 7:10 AM

Sean,

I'm very curious as to what point of finishing these you are at. You called me almost 4 weeks ago telling me these will be shipped June 3. Here we are 19 days after that June 3 date. Have the face and inner barrel even been to the powdercoater? We are already over the 4-6 weeks you quoted me would be the build time (it has actually been over 8 weeks now). I just want to know what point we are at right now cause final stages tells me nothing. And what has the delay been?
On Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 4:30 PM, Sean@DPE <sean@dpe-wheels.com> wrote:

Hey Shaun,

Still working on the final stages of getting the wheels done for you. I will let you know as soon we they are being shipped so we can take care of the balance.

Thank you,
Sean Esfahanian
DPE Wheels | USA
949.333.3737 Phone
949.333.3738 Fax
DPE Wheels
Sent: Monday, June 06, 2011 10:37 AM
Subject: RE: FW: Price inquery
Hey Sean,

I was wondering if my wheels were on track to be shipped out this week. I know you guys were busy getting ready for wekfest so no big deal.

"Sean@DPE" <sean@dpe-wheels.com> wrote:

Shaun,

The wheels will be shipped via fedex for you.

Thank you
Sent: Tuesday, May 31, 2011 8:43 AM
Subject: RE: FW: Price inquery

Hey Sean,

Forgot to ask you this on Friday. Which shipping company are you going to use to ship these? I would prefer FedEx if these aren't being shipped freight because I can get them rerouted to one of their stores that I can pick them up whenever I want since I know this would need a signature verification. UPS is a pain in the *** because their facility closes at 6 and isn't open on Saturday.
Old 06-18-2012, 12:18 PM
Rad_Slinger

Sounds to me that they're trying to jerk you off.

Call an attorney.

Quick Reply: DPE Wheels.... My never ending nightmare.