Vendor Comments/Reviews/Feedback Comments, Reviews, and Feedback on MyG37 Vendors

CNT HFC Fitment Issue... Buyer Beware!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2012, 12:00 PM
xSSv

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs down CNT HFC Fitment Issue... Buyer Beware!!!

I recently purchased a set of brand new CNT ERZ HFC's from another member on the370z forum. Everything was still new in the original box with the gaskets,bolts and extended bungs. I dropped my car off at the shop yesterday to have everything installed and get a call today that the HFC's gaskets are leaking. They weren't sure what the issue was but there was a definite leak in the system and they would remove them and update me. Upon inspection they noticed the flange was not straight on either side and that is what was causing the leaks. Rather than wait for them to be shipped back to CNT my shop to the initiative to grind down the flange until they were straight and reinstalled them.

They txt me pics along the way to keep me up to date on the process. I didn't even have to ask them, they did all of this on their own.

Now this brings me to the reason for my thread. In the midst of this I reached out to CNT to make them aware of then issue and was completely surprised by their **** poor customer service. I explained the issue to the guy who answered the line and his reply to that as, "thanks for bringing that to our attention but we have never had any type of issues with our HFC's and we have plenty in stock", " why are you calling, are you looking for something or just making us aware"'. I was kinda pissed at his tone, almost as if he thought he was talking to some kid. I told him I wasn't looking for anything but explained that they had offered me a previous sponsorship and was concerned that these parts didn't fit properly and reference previous issues discussed on the forum. He proceeds to try and tell me " so your purchased these from someone else, well how do you know they were ours. You've never seen CNT racing HFC's so you have no idea how they look".

Wtf.... Either he thinks I'm stupid or has no idea how much detailed information you can find online. Considering all the pictures from previous installs, pics on their site. Oh and I had a previous sponsorship from GT Haus Meisterschaft and discussed HFC options, I know exactly what the hell I'm looking at.

Had I not just paid to have these parts installed & my shop went above and beyond fixing CNT's mistake, I would be selling this garbage and going with FI.

Buyer Beware!!! CNT is not the company I would spend my money with, go fast intentions or berk. Ark just came out with a new HFC sucks I didnt wait.
Attached Thumbnails CNT HFC Fitment Issue...  Buyer Beware!!!-imag0014.jpg   CNT HFC Fitment Issue...  Buyer Beware!!!-imag0012.jpg   CNT HFC Fitment Issue...  Buyer Beware!!!-photo-60-.jpg  
Old 06-30-2012, 03:56 PM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts
I had no problems with my CNT HFCs. I'm still rolling with them after 2 years. I think I remember this was an issue with earlier runs. Any idea how long the original owner had these?

And have you contacted CNT to see what they'd do for you?
Old 06-30-2012, 08:43 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Who the hell is CNT???
Old 06-30-2012, 09:59 PM
eljoker

Received 192 Likes on 125 Posts
What is it with you and sponsors/vendors/scammers/ect?

Thanks for the heads up tho.
Old 06-30-2012, 10:05 PM
Rad_Slinger

Received 81 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by eljoker
What is it with you and sponsors/vendors/scammers/ect?

Thanks for the heads up tho.
Ya. XSSv been having a rough time.
Old 07-03-2012, 02:50 PM
xSSv

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mattster
Ya. XSSv been having a rough time.
Bro who are you telling!!!!

1st the dude with the brakes
2nd CNT
3rd Rennen

On a positive note all 3 have been resolved. CNT issued a full refund friday so this issue is now closed.