TSB - Technical Bulletins Technical Service Bulletins- Coupe and Sedan from Infiniti. Updates Approved by Administrators and Moderators.

Free battery upgrade!

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2009, 10:27 PM
Heat

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking Free battery upgrade!

Well I finally had enough of having to jump start my car on random occasions only to take it in and they tell me that there is nothing wrong and try to tell me that I am not turning off the car properly or that it was my radar detector. Seriously?!!! It is not rocket science to push a button.

So anyways, after waking up last wednesday to find my car dead again. I took a different car to work and called Infiniti to let them know that I was not going to jump start it until they came out to my house to jump it themselves. So they scheduled me to come in and I took it in last week and told them I would continue to call Infiniti Roadside until they decided to fix my problem. Well, I guess it worked. They said there was a problem with my evap valve so it was replaced and they also upgraded my battery (700cca).

So I am happy that I got a bigger better battery under warranty.

The reason I put this in this section is because the dealership said that there is a TSB regarding this issue and said that 1 out of every 7 '08 coupes are having this problem. It is a TSB for the evap valve and in order to qualify, your car's battery has to test good and you pass the drawl test, and you are still having problems with your battery dying.
Old 12-25-2009, 11:27 PM
ak47
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i got a new battery to they tried hitting me for 25 bucks i said yea right and they waived it.
Old 12-26-2009, 01:36 AM
G-Spot37s

They told me that mine had a "leaky seal" and charged me 20 bucks. O well
Old 12-31-2009, 01:04 PM
wakeboardr116

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Anyone have a link to this TSB??
Old 12-31-2009, 01:08 PM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I must have missed this. Yeah the TSB would be very helpful. My normally very cooperative dealership has been giving me the same run around on this issue.
Old 01-02-2010, 08:11 PM
adam

My dealer is pretty nice/generous. They have a free cafe with free food, movie theatre, dining room with movies, magazines, etc, oh and a play area for little kids, and a free internet surfing area if you want to surf the internet while you wait for your car.

I have an 08 coupe and havent had battery issues but they have never charged me for anything yet and I have gone in for stupid little things.
Old 02-06-2010, 11:42 AM
tjlskyline

I'm having the same issue my dealer won't fix it and blames it on my sub. Anyone have a link to the tsb? I'm sick of having to have my car jumped...
Old 02-06-2010, 12:34 PM
Loi

I'm at the dealership atm getting my 4th battery change....
Old 02-06-2010, 02:30 PM
DashKid
Banned

Hahaha Blair I got mine free yesterday even though my car never died. They just said there was a TSB for it and said they were going to change it.

BTW which dealership did you go to. Sewell?
Old 02-09-2010, 01:22 AM
shabbo
Registered Member

I was considering it... but it's not worth the time along with the fact that they were going to install a even heavier battery.

I installed a Braille last Sunday and saved myself 20 lbs. I'm using the other battery as a portable 12V power source for my soldering iron, didn't need anything heavier

However I will get the solenoid valve changed if it poses problems
Old 02-09-2010, 02:50 AM
cvt

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
a copy of the tsb would be nice....so what exactly is wrong with the evap valve?
Old 02-18-2010, 10:23 AM
ged1067

Originally Posted by tjlskyline
I'm having the same issue my dealer won't fix it and blames it on my sub. Anyone have a link to the tsb? I'm sick of having to have my car jumped...
What's the name of that dealer. I'm in the same area and I'd like to know what to expect when I bring the car in.

GED
Old 03-25-2010, 09:24 PM
PR_G37

I've had my car for just about a year and the dealership just replaced the battery for free. They said the original had a "bad cell" and that's why my battery kept failing. Weird thing is, during the last "battery failure," all the lights in the car functioned perfectly (including the navigation screen) BUT the engine just wouldn't start up. It kept trying and trying but something sounded like it wasn't connecting. The two truck person who came said it didn't sound like a battery issue either. We'll see how this new battery fares.
Old 03-29-2010, 03:05 AM
TheLocNar
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by adam
My dealer is pretty nice/generous. They have a free cafe with free food, movie theatre, dining room with movies, magazines, etc, oh and a play area for little kids, and a free internet surfing area if you want to surf the internet while you wait for your car.

I have an 08 coupe and havent had battery issues but they have never charged me for anything yet and I have gone in for stupid little things.
Dude... FIELDS!!!!

I just got my G from them! I love that place.
Old 04-23-2010, 08:19 AM
Jamler

TSB for Battery

Originally Posted by cvt
a copy of the tsb would be nice....so what exactly is wrong with the evap valve?

LINK to TSB on the Battery Issue. I tried to post the actual PDF but its
too large and exceed post limits... Even after zip... lol

Knowledgebase - 2008 G37 Coupe - Infinitihelp.com Forums

Quick Reply: Free battery upgrade!