TSB - Technical Bulletins Technical Service Bulletins- Coupe and Sedan from Infiniti. Updates Approved by Administrators and Moderators.

[TSB] ITB09-004 Navigation System Lock Up/Screen Freezes

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 08:09 PM
jadams

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ITB09-004 Navigation System Lock Up/Screen Freezes

Unable to attach entire TSB.
Attached Thumbnails ITB09-004 Navigation System Lock Up/Screen Freezes-itb09-004.jpg  

Last edited by DiamondGCoupe; 03-04-2009 at 03:41 PM.
Old 01-26-2009, 11:29 AM
pdarby

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Nav screen has frozen up once since I've had the car. Maybe I need to have this done. My question is, I have the Nav bypass system installed on my car and was wondering if they will bust my cahonas having the bypass, and will try to blame the freeze on it?

PD
Old 01-27-2009, 12:35 PM
christian655321

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
so does that mean you get the new maps for free if they use the 09 disks?
Old 02-09-2009, 12:21 PM
smoothieboy
Registered Member

this had happened to me several times... :/
Old 02-09-2009, 12:31 PM
Skyline-LEXY

Originally Posted by pdarby
My Nav screen has frozen up once since I've had the car. Maybe I need to have this done. My question is, I have the Nav bypass system installed on my car and was wondering if they will bust my cahonas having the bypass, and will try to blame the freeze on it?

PD
Just by looking at the first page of TSB... It looks like they are updating the software... If they have to open up our radio unit YES you will get blamed for bypass... and some warranty will get void
Old 02-09-2009, 12:36 PM
shumby

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I am having this issue and the new service manager will not help me bacause the TSB is not for 09's. but it is the exact same issue. I showed them twice. Drove it all the way there and showed them. I am pissed at them and am going to call infiniti canada.
Old 02-09-2009, 12:41 PM
Skyline-LEXY

^^ sorry to hear that but our 08 muffler had same issue too. First they wouldnt fix it for me because mine was 3 months after it came out. after few extra visit to the dealership they end up replacing it for me.

better yet just talk to your sales manager and complain
Old 02-09-2009, 03:49 PM
DiamondGCoupe
Administrator

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by shumby
I am having this issue and the new service manager will not help me bacause the TSB is not for 09's. but it is the exact same issue. I showed them twice. Drove it all the way there and showed them. I am pissed at them and am going to call infiniti canada.
wow you were able to show this too em? usually it just resets in about 3 minutes. Only happend to me twice in 14 months.
Old 02-09-2009, 04:43 PM
G37nS2K

whatever TSBs that i see on this forum, my car has done it in the past....
Old 02-13-2009, 01:25 PM
Garnet Canuck
Traveling Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by shumby
Hyatt Infiniti by any chance?
Old 02-24-2009, 06:17 PM
MrMichael

I don't know why they even bother to issue TSB's for stuff like this. Odds are by the time the customer gets to the dealer the computer will reset and the problem will be gone. The customer will go into the dealer, complain about what happened. The dealer will say ok, then when the customer picks up their car the dealer says "can't duplicate, nothing done".

I can't tell you how many times the dealer has done this to me about various things. This is the one thing I absolutely am HATING about Infiniti is their assumption that all customers are making crap up. So how do you guys get the dealer to do what you want?

On another note it says to make sure to update the maps. So this kind of hints that they can update maps without a key linked to the VIN in the car.
Old 02-24-2009, 06:33 PM
wakeboardr116

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
^Thats exactly how my dealership is. This has happened to me 3 times, but over the past 15 months so i'm not even gonna bother with it.

On another issue concerning my battery dieing they did the same thing and said could not duplicate everytime i took it in. After the third time I just asked for the main service manager guy incharge of the entire department and spoke with him and he had a new battery in the car in 10 minutes.
Old 05-07-2009, 03:50 PM
Mid-Life Crisis

Originally Posted by pdarby

PD
I have a problem with my nav being frozen and complained to the dealer, showed them the TSB, and they scheduled a reload of the software. The reload did not take (updated but did not save it). They tried a second time with the same result. The dealer is ordering me a brand new nav unit expected in a few days.

The problem is, I bought the G used and it has a DVD mounted that operates on the nav screen even when moving. So I decided to get this out of there before the dealer wants to swap out the nav. Opening up the dash, I find there is the KPtech NI35 bypass installed. I pulled the module but left the wiring and presto, the nav starts updating.

I've since read the fourms at KPtech and learn the bypass goes in and out of bypass mode and can be forced by holding down the enter key on the nav. When the unit is in bypass mode, the nav will not update as the Vehicle Speed Sensor is bypassed and the nav thinks the car is not moving.

My conclusion is the system was not defective and only needed to be toggled back to not-bypassed.

I come back to the original question, should I let the dealer try to swap out the nav unit or do I have to unsolder the wires? They will know. Or perhaps ask them to try the new software upgrade again without tearing the system apart. I want the new maps for free but not sure if I want the dealer seeing the bypass unit.....
Old 06-14-2010, 01:46 AM
xixonmn

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by MrMichael
I don't know why they even bother to issue TSB's for stuff like this. Odds are by the time the customer gets to the dealer the computer will reset and the problem will be gone. The customer will go into the dealer, complain about what happened. The dealer will say ok, then when the customer picks up their car the dealer says "can't duplicate, nothing done".

I can't tell you how many times the dealer has done this to me about various things. This is the one thing I absolutely am HATING about Infiniti is their assumption that all customers are making crap up. So how do you guys get the dealer to do what you want?

On another note it says to make sure to update the maps. So this kind of hints that they can update maps without a key linked to the VIN in the car.
I'm gonna get mine fixed next week. It happens few times already. Last week they said they can't duplicate the problem and it works fine but it happened again yesterday. Do I really need to have all the keys/remote when they do it?

Last edited by xixonmn; 06-14-2010 at 03:22 AM.
Old 07-26-2010, 01:54 PM
Topper

Nav System crashes

I have an 09 vert that is having a second nav system installed because the system keeps crashing. My dealer went to the Infinity mother ship and has hounded them until once again they are installing a new system. Not sure what the next step will be

Quick Reply: [TSB] ITB09-004 Navigation System Lock Up/Screen Freezes