The M - Spot General discussion for the M35/M45

The Check Engine Light Came On My 2013 M37X

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2013, 08:50 AM
Almatti

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
The Check Engine Light Came On My 2013 M37X

The CEL came on the other day. About a week or so before that I had a No Start issue occur. I drove the car in the morning, it warm outside, went to start it a few hours later, and had a No Start even. All the lights came on, Climate control, etc. but no start. I do Have a Remote Starter which was installed at purchase (it's a Dealer Installed item - not Factory yet). It was explained to me that in order to remote start I had to have the Parking brake engaged. hat's not so as I found out this week after going to the Dealer for my 1st service. Anyway, I tried my car later that day - again a no start. I applied the parking brake and then hit the On Pushbutton, and then she started. I assumed that the problem was stemming from the Remote start module. Diddn't happen again until a few days later. Tehn shortly after that the CEL came on while driving on the highway. When I called the Dealer, the advisor thought it was a Gas Cap issue. I tried that but to no avail.

I brought the car for service this week, Oil /filter change, Rebalance the Front wheels ( I had a slight steering wheel shimmy), a loose rear Mus flap [they ordered two new ones !!! on warranty], and the No Start issue and the CEL. They couldn't duplicate the no start, but the CEL wasn't the gas cap. Code P0710 came up. Dealer applied ITB13-019a and reprogrammed TCM to resolve. I have the car for just under 3 months. The past few weeks she started to exhibit the slight lag and quirkiness in the drivetrain as my 2010 G37X did. After all, it is the same drive train as the G. (see my many, many posts in the G Spot threads about the 7AT Reprogramming). The code that came up according to the research was a Transmission fluid cooling sensor. Well after the reprogram (that's all the service orders says) the car's response is totallly different, so much better. The shifts seem better too!!! G_Spot_37 sent me a PM about his M and CEL issues. His message mentioned that his Dealer Re calibrated the Transmission and he has a different responding car too. The service advisor did not mention anything to me other than the CEL was corrected with the ITB info on the receipt work order. No charges of course, on Warranty. I hope this lasts and she doesn't revert back to the quirkiness that I had begun to experience. It wasn't as bad as the G, but it was present. It's thte Drive Adaptive technology in the ECU. Also note I drive mostly in SPORT mode. I did before the CEL and now the past few days as well. I will try to switch back to NORMAL mode and see what happens.