Showoff Classic, Pomona - recap

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2005, 11:00 AM
SoCalTed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Showoff Classic, Pomona - recap

Well, we spent more time trying to get into the show then we did actually in the show. But, personally, I think that the positioning was great. Actually outside "the show" but right between the tickets and the main gate. Last ones in, first ones out!

GOOD NEWS:
Edgy, took home 1st Place for Lexus... way to rock man!

Our newest candidate, DeeDee (sp?) came down from the upper desert and took home a 2nd place Infiniti with an 05 Bk/Bk coupe. Nice to meet you and your husband Mario! DaveO, it was a pleasure as always

Special thanks to Sein and the lil' man for coming down to pass out T4T fliers. It was also great to Gurgen and Brian.. Brian, thanks for being a trooper - having paid your show fees, not being able to show and then paying entrance fees to get in. Everyone pitched in and passed out another 800 fliers, especially to all the teams and vendors.

Also, Groovy Drift has agreed to run an R/C Drift Car competition at Toys for Tots on Dec 11th! There will be trophies and prizes, plus he will be badging the R/C's with Team Transport vinyls! (Eddie, we need to order some 5" TT vinyls and 1 or 1.5" TT squares to provide him with)

BAD NEWS:
It seems that Vince had a bit of an accident on the way to the show. We are hoping the best, but we have not had a chance to talk with him since yesterday AM.

Leo seems to be recovering from his food poisoning (or mom's special seasoning). Don't visit mom before T4T Leo!!!

OK.. that's enough from me for now..

Cheers, Ted
Old 11-14-2005, 01:51 PM
vkzawa

Hey whats up this is Vince.

Congrats to all who placed, and thanks for supporting even if you didn't win.

Ok some details on the "bad news":

On my way to the show I was going over the 91 Freeway East to the 605 North overpass. I was in the #1 lane (of 2 lanes) and there was some debris in my lane and I didn't see it untill the last minute. (The debris looked like a metal pipe) There was no way I was going to just drive over it as my bumper is so low it would have really messed it up before the show. So I swerved into the #2 lane but lost control and my rear bumper on the passenger side hit the wall. I was trying to counter-steer but when my rear end hit it swung my front end toward the wall and I hadn't steered to the left yet, so my front passenger wheel was sticking out and got snagged on the wall. This pulled my wheel off the tie-rod and my wheel was pointing out all the way away from the car and I skidded myself right into a shoulder that just happened to be there at the bottom of overpass. So there I parked and started making phone calls.

Thank you soooo much to Ajay and JC for helping me out with the tow service. We got a flat bed there within 45 minutes and had us on our way shortly thereafter. My bumper was on the ground since the front passenger side wheel was pretty much barely connected to the car. So when he dragged it toward the flatbed he was like "Well you front bumper is messed up anyways" and in twisted inward as it stepped up onto the bed. I was expecting it to shatter, but nope. It just popped back out once it was even again. Amazing testemant to Vertex.

So he dropped my car off at Y&S Auto Body in my home town of San Pedro. They do alot of high-end cars so feel it is in good hands. They were closed so I am going down there today to go over the details.
Old 11-14-2005, 05:36 PM
sledgy-IS

Hey brothas,

Great to hang & see you all again yesterday... Man it seemed like a LONG day eh?

& I REALLY gotta get my **** together sooner so I am Not ALWAYS up to 3 am the night before a show... i am gettin' too old for that shizzle.

Big thanks to all of you who were there for the support & I am REALLY pretty stunned to have scored so well at shows since joining you guys.

Thanks for all the help & leadership Ted & Eddy you guys are the best!

Thanks toShady for finding a nice 'Fisher/PRice' Show card display stand....look forward to getting you my Mod file Shady so you can help me put it together for print.

Perhaps you can also helop me make a few individual ones i would like to do for different areas of the car...? I would like to do smaller ones to highlight the suspension/chassis, the Engine, & the Interior Mods... somethign not too big but prolly bigger than 8x11 & i can laminate them or something. I never can remember all the little details i have done to the car when i have to fill out those show forms like YEsterday...

Regarding winning 1st... it's funny but when my friend Julian took 2nd place, i thought "Hell,....I think I might just snag 1st?",.... & when they said "1st place 2002 Lexus IS300..." i just knew instantly WE won again... still i'm blown away to have scored a 1st so soon! & against some Nice Rides,... i FINALLY beat that Blue one that was always 1 spot ahead of me. SWEEET!!

Right before the awards the juice seemed to drain out of me & i felt REALLY REALLY burnt out from lack of sleep & fighting this damn cold i seem to have had for 3 weeks now...
I do want to apologise to DiDi(sp?) /Mario & DaveO or not sayin' good night/bye..Congrats on 2nd place Infinity!! great job & how cool is THAT... I was a bit in a daze aftert we strolled out of the room & i had to stop for coffee asap & food with Jr. on the way home i was just dying to crash.

So sorry to hear about your accident Vince.. . All the best for a speedy recovery & hopefully it will be repaired better than new.. we definitely missed you there!

Ted, I agree.. it was ridiculous to get there before 9 am & sit around with our thumbs up our butts for what 4.5, almost 5 hours!! (i think we FINALLY rolled in at what 12:30 ???) but in the end it turned out ok & getting out FAST was great....

Hope you all had a good dinner, sorry i couldn't make that...i hope to be able to make the post event Meal next time for sure! I was SOO "fried" it was ugly like me ...i looked at my face in the mirror & DAMN i looked like crap warmed over..

Since that silly Drift "show" @ Irwindale was a joke..(did we even GET JUDGED? Was there a WINNER?.)..I consider this a HAT TRICK, 3 REAL shows & 3 WINS with TT & getting better each time...where do I go from here? can't get much better??? haha i'm ready to retire....almost... seems once you have a taste & like it you just want more...

One 'goal' for me with this car & starting to show was to take a 1st place sometime/ some where & I can't believe it is already done!.

I'm proud to add to the growing list of TT members scoring places & Wins at shows! Big Congrats to DiDi & Mario for their 2nd place! What a start.

Damn you guys, what is it about Transport that we keep having folks show & win or place 1st time out??

So, is this the last show of the season for us folks...?
aside from our own TFT...

& Hey Ted.. .How come my name is not on the registered list for TFT in the TFT thread here ..?

I think I was one of the 1st to register early as a participant (even tho i know NOW i wont be judged & didnt have to regist. hahah) but i noticed my name is not on the list you have going...?

Is it something i said...

Last edited by sledgy-IS; 11-14-2005 at 05:38 PM.
Old 11-14-2005, 11:51 PM
SoCalTed

Good grief Edward.. that's the most you ever said online.... wow! Any word from your company on whether they want to sponsor or have a presence? We can hand out samples and get everyone wired!

The list on this site is only for those on G35Driver who have registered.

We actually have over 50 registered for show so far, and the majority of the regulars/teams have not even signed up yet! I am expecting 200+ show registrations!

Remember, Transport can register/show, but cannot win... we are the hosts.
Old 11-17-2005, 07:10 PM
sledgy-IS

thanks ... & sorry for the book......

I had a few extra minutes ... more than usual.. & i type fast some times...
Old 11-17-2005, 09:08 PM
vkzawa

Ok, update.

My insurance company totaled my car. So I am looking for a: Used Blue 350z (Enthusiast package).

thx.
Old 11-17-2005, 11:50 PM
ShadyJC

How about a FX instead!
Old 11-18-2005, 02:59 AM
vkzawa

lol. naw. I been driving my old bronco since sunday and I neeeed to be down low.
Old 11-18-2005, 04:47 AM
SoCalTed

any chance of getting some parts off of it? Like a VLSD?
Old 11-18-2005, 11:11 AM
ShadyJC

Make sure you grab your e-bayable custom parts like the painted engine covers and how about your center console too.

Think you can get your plenum out? I'd be interested in that.
Old 11-18-2005, 03:36 PM
vkzawa

Well see the problem here is I am not allowed to take parts that are stock off the car. I can take my headunit, but I can't take my painted stock pieces because I don't have a stock replacement. I can't take things like the VLSD and plenum off unless I buy the car back from my insurance company.
Attached Thumbnails Showoff Classic, Pomona - recap-photo_111305_002.jpg   Showoff Classic, Pomona - recap-photo_111305_007.jpg   Showoff Classic, Pomona - recap-photo_111305_004.jpg   Showoff Classic, Pomona - recap-photo_111305_001.jpg   Showoff Classic, Pomona - recap-photo_111305_003.jpg  

Old 11-18-2005, 03:38 PM
vkzawa

Oh man, I better snag those TT stickers. They wortha bunch.
lol. I will take them off though, I don't want the car sitting in a parts yard with our team name all over it.