Need Volunteers for Research Data Gathering

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2005, 12:58 AM
trey's wife

Need Volunteers for Research Data Gathering

I hope this doesn't get moved and I would love someone dearly if they would sticky it.

I am looking at doing some research based on a theory that I have about our cars. I need test subject cars/drivers from different areas of the country (outside US are welcome also) who are willing to keep data for me for approximately 4-6 months. The subject of the study has caused several flame wars on this site so I will divuldge the details to those who are willing to participate. Please PM me if you are willing to keep said data and report it back for the specified amount of time. This will take approximately 10-30 minutes per week depending on your driving habits - so I am not asking for a huge amount of time. I plan to publish the results of the data along with the data for public comment when I have been able to compile everything and determine if my hypothesis was correct. I prefer to have any flaming saved until then.

Please contact me if you are interested in participating. I will take people as long as I can or until I can get 150 - 200 people on board.

On a side note - if you have any experience with setting up research studies from the beginning please contact me. I am not requesting long term help but would like a few people that I can run my procedures by to see if I am missing anything.

Thanks!!

Old 11-07-2005, 11:29 PM
SoCalTed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sounds interesting, count me in.

-T
Old 11-10-2005, 02:30 PM
vkzawa

I'm interested. I'll be a test subject.
Old 12-03-2005, 02:48 AM
sd_diver

Sure - I'll give it a go. I'm pretty **** about charting mileage / fuel costs in Excel as it is!