Supporting Vendors Products and services, available for purchase from registered vendors.

**Status Elite Velocity Stack Intake Update***

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2009, 12:54 PM
Status Elite
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We understand everyones point of view on the price for these intakes. But the quality of our products are really astonishing. I don't like to bash other manufactures, but people always want to compare. Personally, I think it should be taken with a grain of salt.

We have some members saying how would we make a profit limiting the product to 22 intakes. Then we have other members that want to know why we are charging so much. We try to answer every concern that people may have. By doing so, members may get offended or may disagree. We take everyone's comment very seriously as it helps our company steer in the right direction as we manufacture more products.

But honestly....The big name guys dont make the greatest product. They have just been in the game for a long time with the prices set high for quality that does not amaze everyone.

At Hot Import Nights San Mateo, CA last night, we went around as we do in every show, critiquing high end products by quality, fitment, and style. Not to bash on any higher brand name manufacture. But the HKS carbon fiber intake box with air ram for a Mitsubishi Evolution 8 that we were inspecting, would not fly for us. It is made of wet laid carbon fiber, and you can actually SEE light coming through the carbon That signifies that there is not enough layers of carbon and the compaction of the carbon is not strong enough. Another one, on the Evoution would be the carbon fiber cam gear cover which had turned yellow from heat, and it started to haze badly. While our carbon is able to hold its structure at a minimum of 350 degrees because of our autoclave process. Those are jsut examples of carbon.

I forgot which car, but ARC made a radiator shroud cooling plate. It was a simple sheet metal bent in several spots, standard cuts for fitment, couple welds, and their plaque riveted. Im sure they sell that for nearly double the price of a generic product.

We have pictures of those products from last night as an example of quality from other manufactures. We also have AC Schnitzer carbon rear diffuser in hand for a BMW 135 which retails for $2000 and is sold by the dealership. The product has really bad haze above the exhaust that is not from exhaust residue.

Take the products we offer for what it is. If it fits your taste, great, give us feedback. If you don't like our products, thats ok, let us know what you think should be done. But please factor in what is put into the product, and process of manufacturing. It is definitely not a cost effective product for the quick power gain. But high quality is rare to find in any market. Its much easier to purchase or manufacture products that are of lower quality. Being that our products are manufactured in the United States, and our materials are from the United States, our labor rate is usually much higher than those outside of the States. We set our standards high and we aim high, but in reality, the price of our products come from how much material, R&D, and labor was put into it.

Thanks for everyones input,

Kevin
Old 04-06-2009, 08:03 PM
DrJones

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
they have my dime.... should be arriving this week (hopefully)
Old 04-06-2009, 09:18 PM
ucla bruin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool. Takes pics and do a review.

Why were you banned?
Old 04-06-2009, 09:37 PM
Lou@Amplified
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by DrJones
they have my dime.... should be arriving this week (hopefully)
certificates and badges are arriving late this week. They should be able to ship to you late this week or early next
Old 04-06-2009, 09:58 PM
d_cecc629

Originally Posted by Lou@Amplified
certificates and badges are arriving late this week. They should be able to ship to you late this week or early next
siiiiiiiiick. I can't wait!
Old 04-08-2009, 09:13 PM
DrJones

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Lou@Amplified

Thanks Lou.... and thanks for taking my order over the phone considering at the time I had been banned!
Old 04-08-2009, 09:22 PM
ucla bruin

I know this is the wrong thread for this, but what happened?
Old 04-08-2009, 09:38 PM
Status Elite
Former Sponsor

^ your're in the right thread. thanks for the bump! haha
Old 04-08-2009, 10:05 PM
finagle69

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Kevin, I was at HIN in San Mateo last weekend, and I got around to seeing the car. The intakes are not my cup of tea for the price they are, but the CF engine cover and radiator covers were B E A utiful!

One suggestion for future shows: Get some battery powered lights to stick to the underside of the hood with some double-stick tape to show off the CF once the sun goes down!!

I'll be showing my car in HIN Pleasanton, so I hope to see you guys there!
Old 04-08-2009, 10:06 PM
Gamedog
Sam Rothstein

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
^ See you at HIN Pleasanton bro! We're takin a road trip
Old 04-08-2009, 10:17 PM
finagle69

Originally Posted by Gamedog
^ See you at HIN Pleasanton bro! We're takin a road trip
sweet! it'll be great to meet other forum members. see ya there.
Old 04-09-2009, 04:02 AM
Status Elite
Former Sponsor

^^^ Lets get a the flock of G's represent in the bay! Team OCG's, TEAM SFV, Amplified Motorsport, Sacramento area, and Bay Area, ect. All you guys, lets get together For Hot Import Days Pleasanton CA Saturday July 18th.

I want to host a fat BBQ the day after Hot Import Days which would be Sunday July 19th for everyone and their friends at a park near here, courtesy of Status Elite. I will call out a couple photographers to take some legit photos. I can also call out some of our vendors up here in the bay area such as Garage Inc and Z CAR GARAGE.

If I have enough interest, I can make it happen, and I will post it on upcoming events asap!

KevinDOMO
Old 04-09-2009, 02:06 PM
finagle69

That sounds like a blast! Pleasanton is not far from Danvile, correct? I could just stay another night in a hotel and cruise to Dville for the WTFBBQ.
Old 04-09-2009, 02:09 PM
Gamedog
Sam Rothstein

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Hell yeah should be fun. It'll definitely be at least 4 of us from Team OCG's that will for sure be going. Hopefully ucla bruin and gan78mao would be downers too.
Old 04-09-2009, 02:28 PM
ucla bruin

I am interested and just looked up how far it is right before I saw your post, haha.

Ahhh so far away!

Quick Reply: **Status Elite Velocity Stack Intake Update***