Supporting Vendors Products and services, available for purchase from registered vendors.

**Status Elite Velocity Stack Intake Update***

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 02:20 AM
Status Elite
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ahh! Sorry guys I had the tech upload the whole dyno session charts to my USB stick before I left. I get home and I see a folder thy says g37 dyno charts with no charts inside! I will get on him tomorrow about that. I know it's crucial for you all to see it. I know it's my bad, if I need something done right I gotta do it myself.
Old 04-03-2009, 02:42 AM
Goonz
Premier Member

Received 60 Likes on 54 Posts
ahhh gosh cant wait!

I hope I dont regret my decision
Old 04-03-2009, 07:43 PM
aliiin
BMW Defector

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
any update on this? dynoooooooooooo
Old 04-03-2009, 08:57 PM
heff

pm price to saskatoon canada please!!!
Old 04-04-2009, 12:58 AM
Status Elite
Former Sponsor

updated
https://www.myg37.com/forums/support...re-orders.html
Old 04-04-2009, 02:08 AM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
So these make 13 whp via your dyno sheets.... so whats the difference between these and JWTs?
Old 04-04-2009, 12:00 PM
Status Elite
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by MaxToTheG37
So these make 13 whp via your dyno sheets.... so whats the difference between these and JWTs?
NO Comparing our intakes to JWT's! Thats not allowed! You can only compare us to HKS, ARC, Mines, Top Secret! Oh wait, they currently aren't available yet dOH

Functionality wise, our filters are litterally near double the size of JWT filters. We have a "step down" right before the MAF. Then it steps back up after the MAF whereas JWT's do not. We then have full smooth piping to the throttle body, whereas JWT does not, they retain the factory rubber tubing which is theirs is not smooth on the inside and not smooth on the outside, so airflow gets disorted as it is not a smooth flow, now it has turbulence.

Quality wise, ours blows their intake out of this realm. Here is just a couple things to list off...

-Beautiful powdercoat, your choice of three colors. Crown Gold, Wet Black, and Platnium Silver

-Please, donttt compare the back of our velocity stack. Its a smooth as a baby's butt. And JWT's, serves its purpose, but is not appealing at all especially comparing to ours.

-We have beautful custom CNC mass airflow sensor blocks

-Ours is one piece T6061 aluminum tubing design with clean welds to make it more baller. Which we could have cut cost by throwing on some more couplers or even subsituting our heat expanded center pipe section's step down and step up with coupler reducers. Quality is what we are about right? Expect that.

-We MAXIMIZED the size of air filters. Its amazing how perfect fitment is with huge filters like these. We also had to make custom power steering reservoir bracket to tilt the power steering reservoir slightly to fit these filters. Largest Filter on a G37 intake FTW

-Power gains? We are very honest and post actual power gains. The goal of our intakes may not necessarily be the highest horsepower achieved with intakes. But we focus on design, functionality, and very appealing quality. So when you pop open your hood for a buddy to check out, they WILL notice the quality and comment on how cleanly it has been designed and and put together. And point out how clean the welds are.

Ok, I need to stop here before I sell myself on a different color intake
Anymore questions for me to answer? Let me know.

Thanks,
Kevin
Old 04-04-2009, 05:23 PM
WhiteG37S

Can you get the filters in different colors??
Old 04-04-2009, 06:08 PM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Status Elite
NO Comparing our intakes to JWT's! Thats not allowed! You can only compare us to HKS, ARC, Mines, Top Secret! Oh wait, they currently aren't available yet dOH

Functionality wise, our filters are litterally near double the size of JWT filters. We have a "step down" right before the MAF. Then it steps back up after the MAF whereas JWT's do not. We then have full smooth piping to the throttle body, whereas JWT does not, they retain the factory rubber tubing which is theirs is not smooth on the inside and not smooth on the outside, so airflow gets disorted as it is not a smooth flow, now it has turbulence.

Quality wise, ours blows their intake out of this realm. Here is just a couple things to list off...

-Beautiful powdercoat, your choice of three colors. Crown Gold, Wet Black, and Platnium Silver

-Please, donttt compare the back of our velocity stack. Its a smooth as a baby's butt. And JWT's, serves its purpose, but is not appealing at all especially comparing to ours.

-We have beautful custom CNC mass airflow sensor blocks

-Ours is one piece T6061 aluminum tubing design with clean welds to make it more baller. Which we could have cut cost by throwing on some more couplers or even subsituting our heat expanded center pipe section's step down and step up with coupler reducers. Quality is what we are about right? Expect that.

-We MAXIMIZED the size of air filters. Its amazing how perfect fitment is with huge filters like these. We also had to make custom power steering reservoir bracket to tilt the power steering reservoir slightly to fit these filters. Largest Filter on a G37 intake FTW

-Power gains? We are very honest and post actual power gains. The goal of our intakes may not necessarily be the highest horsepower achieved with intakes. But we focus on design, functionality, and very appealing quality. So when you pop open your hood for a buddy to check out, they WILL notice the quality and comment on how cleanly it has been designed and and put together. And point out how clean the welds are.

Ok, I need to stop here before I sell myself on a different color intake
Anymore questions for me to answer? Let me know.

Thanks,
Kevin
Thanks for taking the time to right all that... I agree if your about looks on a WAI this is prolly the best bet for someone then well until the WAI injen comes out. I have had 4 different intakes and Im just not convinced that I need to try this intake and submit one of my reviews yet....
Old 04-04-2009, 07:19 PM
SilverRSXJezus

Originally Posted by MaxToTheG37
Thanks for taking the time to right all that... I agree if your about looks on a WAI this is prolly the best bet for someone then well until the WAI injen comes out. I have had 4 different intakes and Im just not convinced that I need to try this intake and submit one of my reviews yet....

I don't think you need to.

Point is, you're spending 800 bucks for an intake that isn't even made of carbon fiber (but looks like it), doesn't have the gains to back the astronomical price, and quite frankly for someone who cares even how good the intake looks on their car while disregarding gains and willing to pay this much money for an intake would probably be a tool.

Okay, so lets give SE the benefit of the doubt. So the emphasis isn't on best bang for buck but rather high end, nameplate quality. But one doesn't just go about in making a pricey product from the get go and automatically try to associate themselves with the big boys, they need to start from the bottom up and build their own reputation first. It's like saying Hyundai automatically pushes for a 100k pricetagged sedan to challenge the Mercedes S-class or the BMW 7-series. Think people would be up for it? Probably not...unless they've established themselves solidly in the auto industry.

"You get what you paid for" - Quite frankly just isn't true in all cases. Not trying to bash the vendor here, just calling it out for trying to outdo itself.

As I said before, Status Elite is going to be a limited production company due to these limited production products.
Old 04-04-2009, 07:56 PM
ucla bruin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by SilverRSXJezus
Okay, so lets give SE the benefit of the doubt. So the emphasis isn't on best bang for buck but rather high end, nameplate quality. But one doesn't just go about in making a pricey product from the get go and automatically try to associate themselves with the big boys, they need to start from the bottom up and build their own reputation first. It's like saying Hyundai automatically pushes for a 100k pricetagged sedan to challenge the Mercedes S-class or the BMW 7-series. Think people would be up for it? Probably not...unless they've established themselves solidly in the auto industry.
That is tough but also how I see it.
Old 04-05-2009, 05:01 AM
Status Elite
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by SilverRSXJezus
I don't think you need to.

Point is, you're spending 800 bucks for an intake that isn't even made of carbon fiber (but looks like it), doesn't have the gains to back the astronomical price, and quite frankly for someone who cares even how good the intake looks on their car while disregarding gains and willing to pay this much money for an intake would probably be a tool.

"You get what you paid for" - Quite frankly just isn't true in all cases. Not trying to bash the vendor here, just calling it out for trying to outdo itself.

As I said before, Status Elite is going to be a limited production company due to these limited production products.
SilverRSXJezus,

I apologize that we did not make these out of carbon fiber. But I don't know any section of our intake that looks constructed of carbon fiber.

We have updated this same thread on Post #35, announcing an update to thread https://www.myg37.com/forums/support...-orders-2.html . Look at post #19, we have released dyno charts and several videos that were both taken of the dyno on December 2008.

Videos from dyno were posted on YouTube in December 2008. Videos surfaced on www.myg37.com several months ago. Those who have seen the intakes in action IN PERSON, YouTube dyno video, or have test driven and test ride in MY personal vehicle, alll had good comments on thottle response, sound, and BUTT DYNO. Everyone was waiting on the dyno charts. Dyno charts were not released until intakes were completed and pre-order has started in which we released the dyno charts shortly after.

I dont really understand the analogy of a $100,000 Hyundai vs a Mercedes S-Class and BMW 7-Series. Taking it for what it is, as an opinion, a $100,000 Hyundai must be better, but its not necessarily true.....I dont know where you are trying to go with that? What are you trying to get across? We are establishing ourselves in the automotive industry very well currently. We have recieved many many positive feedback on those who do their homework on manufacturing carbon fiber products also the process in which it is created.

"You get what you pay for" may offend some people, but it is a complement to others. What and how would everyone break down the cost of manufacturing a product in the USA? I have broken it down by each component in our intake system on another thread. Obviously its not cost effective for those who just want a low priced bang for the buck. Think...generic one off, muffler shop special cat back exhaust...maybe $250-$450 versus ARC titanium exhaust, it would be nearly $4000. Gains will be slightly the same, but not drastically different. If you are interested, and would like find actual quotes on how much it would cost of manufacturing a hand-made and welded intake from scratch, I can email you exactly each part needed and process of thermal expanding the center section where the MAF inserts.

Sorry my wording was incorrect and misleading to you. The quality and design of our intakes really represents Status Elite's capabilites and uniqe design. Not every product we make will be limited production, but we cannot guarntee that. We believe not to flood the market with low quality products, but to create beautiful designs which represents our functioanlity and products manufactured.

If you have any other questions I can help you with, please let me know.

Also the best bang for the buck for intakes would be to hit up Home Depot and buy some 2 3/4 pvc piping and mate it to some kragen's special filters. Dont use hose couplers, duct tape would be cheaper.

Thanks for your interest and and allowing me to explain our products,
Kevin

Last edited by Status Elite; 04-15-2009 at 03:30 AM.
Old 04-05-2009, 05:38 AM
ucla bruin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 04-05-2009, 11:20 AM
jarborn1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have to agree with SILVERRSX here, while SE may have used copious R&D when producing these intakes, comparing themselves with companies such as "HKS, ARC, Mines" who have all garnered reputations for their quality, performance and reliability of products, i think is unjustly requested. Since analogies seem to be the preferable means of citing points in this thread i will follow along..

If i were to spend the next 2 years building a car in my basement, using all high quality parts and taking more time than necessary to be sure everything was 100% perfect. Than come out and try to sell my car for $400,000 saying that it should only be compared with high end Ferrari's and Lamborghini's i would be considered crazy.. Those companies have spent YEARS producing and perfecting their products to be able to offer their products at that price. "Your buying the name" of certain things comes into play. With an introductory product for the G37 (SE Velocity Stack Intake), limiting production and charging what the top most widely known and well established companies are charging IMO is pretentious and overbearing.

Not bashing at all. In fact if they were a little less i would have ordered one of them rather then the R2C i ordered 3 days ago..
Old 04-05-2009, 12:07 PM
aliiin
BMW Defector

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
I'd have to agree with SilverRSXJezus. There was so much hype when you told us the gains were +23 whp. In my mind, there was no way a short ram would produce this much power, common sense told me that. The astronomical gains was shocking to say the least that created such a hype about the intakes.

I'm sure there was a lot of R&D that went into these intakes, but it is unfair to put yourself onto a pedestal along with HKS, ARC, and the other companies that have been around for YEARS and have created a history behind their company. I'm sure you make great products, StatusElite, but comparing yourself to such a high end company right off the bat is a bit pretentious IMHO.

Quick Reply: **Status Elite Velocity Stack Intake Update***