Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

where in san diego

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2011, 01:46 AM
Elkrew88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
where in san diego

Can i get my g37 tune up actully even.better can someone also.explani thebpro.and.con.getting it.tune
Old 10-21-2011, 02:16 AM
adroitcaptor
Registered Member

I think you should replace your keyboard or get your phone fixed. Then people can actually help you; since your post is madness. (I am guessing as to what you want here...)

Are you wanting to know where to get your car tuned and the pros and cons of doing so?

By tune do you mean dyno tune or tune up. Routine maintenance is very important (pmcs). You will get all kinds of wrong and right opinions BUT stick to Nissan's schedule and you will be good. The prior (dyno tune) is not needed and a waste of money unless you have FI.

If this is the info you are looking for let me know and I will expound. Also use the search function as this topic has been discussed.
Old 10-21-2011, 02:20 AM
wlmngtn

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
he must be on a sh!tty mobile phone lol
Old 10-21-2011, 01:37 PM
cy7878

"tune up" is a word not used much anymore.

Unless you are a young male/female, driving your first car and walks into PepBoys and they start offering you "service" that your car sure sure doesn't need.

Having said that, your car does need oil and fluid changed. Filters per manual recommendation. The injector or throttle body cleaning (at least the Throttle body) seem important.

The "tune up" being referred to was on old carburetor cars where you actually have to adjust mixture, idle and have timing to worry. Some will have distributor caps with points (for spark) that need attention along with spark plugs.

New Fuel Injections basically takes care of all that electronically. Platinum plugs now last 100k miles. If you walk in to a shop and they tell you that you need a "tune up" you should run.