SouthEast Serving AL, FL, GA, KY, NC, SC, TN

Supercharger for the Vert

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2015, 10:57 AM
2cold

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Supercharger for the Vert

Sup fellas?

I'm thinking about getting a supercharger for my vert. Has anyone already pulled the trigger on this? Will it cause my engine too much stress? Any recommendations on which one to get, etc?

As you can see I'm open to any and all information our opinions anyone can provide. I don't know tons about superchargers other than what I've googled so far.

Thanks guys!
Old 05-31-2015, 11:36 PM
37vert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Stillen has a kit, its supposed to be 50 state legal and comes with a warranty.

I have never driven in a car with this mod, but I have seen cars with them installed.

Personally, I am a bigger fan of turbo (coming from my youth days having an SR20det in an S13), especially when it comes to gas mileage. But I don't think anyone has a legal turbo kit, but I know they do exist for this platform.

As for reliability, I can say this; if the engine/transmission/differential...etc. was not made for a much higher horsepower forced induction setup, it will not last as long. Especially if the car is driven harder, which I'm sure it will be.

Since my 2013 37vert is not my daily; I am seriously considering turbo (low boost, 2 small turbos). But I will not do that until I get a set of massive breaks and the suspension sorted out (which will hopefully happen shortly).
Old 06-03-2015, 09:45 PM
bschurr
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by 2cold
Sup fellas?

I'm thinking about getting a supercharger for my vert. Has anyone already pulled the trigger on this? Will it cause my engine too much stress? Any recommendations on which one to get, etc?

As you can see I'm open to any and all information our opinions anyone can provide. I don't know tons about superchargers other than what I've googled so far.

Thanks guys!
Fezzik has a GTM set up...
Old 06-03-2015, 11:34 PM
Redfire32
Ginger ninja

Received 257 Likes on 229 Posts
Finally another vert guy that wants to throw the big daddy stuff on it. Immediate props from me bro.
I haven't had any experience with a SC or a turbo kit, but from what I understand the turbo kit is the way to go. This is all second hand info...but apparently a turbo kit is better for a daily driver or street use than SC. There are also more possibilities with a turbo vs a SC. Once again this is 2nd hand knowledge from a buddy of mine that builds motorcycles and occasionally helps out on hot rod builds. So take it for what it is.
Old 12-01-2015, 02:34 AM
bythabay
Registered Member

Received 41 Likes on 24 Posts
I'm running the Stillen Kit and I love it!!
Old 12-10-2015, 01:14 AM
Fezzik

Received 57 Likes on 11 Posts
Wow. How am I just now seeing this thread... I have the GTM kit. I love it, but I wouldnt recommend GTM though. Stillen has a kit but I havent kept up if they got all the kinks out of it. The vert is a blast to drive during the spring,summer, fall, esp with the extra power.

Edit: Also, even though I have one of the fastest cars on the market, this is still a blast to drive!

Last edited by Fezzik; 12-17-2015 at 12:09 PM.