SouthEast Serving AL, FL, GA, KY, NC, SC, TN

Anyone near Apex, N. Carolina? Need eyes...

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2016, 12:39 PM
Ape Factory
Registered Member

Received 322 Likes on 231 Posts
Anyone near Apex, N. Carolina? Need eyes...

I have a deposit down on a 2012 IPL and if you're close and willing to put some eyeballs on the car for me, shoot me a PM and let me know. I'm in Texas and they are sending high res images but I'd prefer an enthusiast's eyes on the car just to make sure it hasn't been ragged on. It is certified pre-owned so there's a bit of security in that.

I've had one hell of a time trying to actually buy one of these and it's been an adventure (insert game-playing Infiniti dealer here as well as Carmax).
Thanks!
-m
Old 01-19-2016, 07:56 PM
Ape Factory
Registered Member

Anyone?

Bueller....?
Bueller....?
Bueller....?
Old 01-19-2016, 08:41 PM
timc00k

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
Post some pictures here so others can post their thoughts.

I think your best bet is to take a mechanic to the dealer and get it checked out.
Old 01-19-2016, 09:10 PM
Ape Factory
Registered Member

Haven't received any of the photos yet and honestly, photos can lie. I make a living via photos so I know. I'm car savvy but not being there to inspect it in person, I can't spot the little things like tape marks around bumper or door jamb if it's been repainted, stuff like that. Or if there's a lot more road debris/chipping on the front end that doesn't show in the photos.

It's at an Infiniti dealer, Certified Pre-Owned so it's not a huge worry, one owner, turned in lease.
Old 01-20-2016, 01:06 AM
KAHBOOM
Super Moderator of Pwnage

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts
Photos can definitely lie. I work near the Apex dealership. Which car are you considering?
I think that IPL might actually be at the Raleigh store but the two are owned by the same. I happen to know and am friends with the Gen Manager at Apex and I know the folks in Raleigh pretty well too.
I've seen the black IPL that's at the Raleigh store. What are your standards? There are some paint issues on that one but it's not horrible just not perfect. I am picky though.

Edit: just looked it up and see it's a Graphite Shadow. I can drop by during lunch tomorrow and take a look at it.

Last edited by KAHBOOM; 01-20-2016 at 01:12 AM.
Old 01-20-2016, 01:10 AM
kimmspeed
Premier Member

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by KAHBOOM
Photos can definitely lie. I work near the Apex dealership. Which car are you considering?
I think that IPL might actually be at the Raleigh store but the two are owned by the same. I happen to know and am good friends with the Hen Manager at Apex and I know the folks in Raleigh pretty well too.
I've seen the black IPL that's at the Raleigh store. What are your standards? There are some paint issues on that one but it's not horrible just not perfect. I am picky though.
Boom! This guy. Ask and yee shall receive. Nice looking out for op.
Old 01-20-2016, 09:57 AM
Ape Factory
Registered Member

Replied to your PM, thanks!
Old 01-20-2016, 11:11 PM
KAHBOOM

Glad to help
Old 01-20-2016, 11:24 PM
Ape Factory
Registered Member

Hey! So I think the car will remain available for saie. My original deal with the first salesman was they'd deliver the car and pick up my current Infiniti and that has gone by the wayside with the new salesman. New guy also won't budge on the price and I just think it's going to be too much of a hassle to sell my car here, rent a car, wait for the IPL to be delivered, etc...they did the old $599 doc fee thing which I balked at. They then removed it to give me a "win" but I was pretty much just shaking my head while on the phone.

I do have to say you went above and beyond and I do appreciate it. Had they agreed to take my car in trade, it would have been a done deal. I was even willing to take it to the local Infiniti dealer and have it inspected.

Car buying is always a pain in the ***, no matter who you buy from. This makes the third one that's fallen through. But I've got a fourth so we'll see...

Thanks again. If I can ever pass it on to you or anyone else, just ask!
Old 01-20-2016, 11:51 PM
KAHBOOM

Cool man. No sweat I worked nearby and had plenty of time on my hands.

Yeah car buying is a pain. Patience will work in your favor as I am sure there will likely be folks turning in leases on 2012 and 2013 models soon with low miles. You will probably be able to find one local soon enough.

I am guessing they may circle back to you soon to try to sweeten the deal after the IPL has sat on the lot a little longer. I remember that car has been sitting on the lot for a bit. I saw it for sale months back when I was in the market. But I was looking or black.