SouthEast Serving AL, FL, GA, KY, NC, SC, TN

g37 vert: Service Engine Soon light

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2013, 12:08 AM
Roan de Rossi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
g37 vert: Service Engine Soon light

Hello fellas,
So I've been enjoying the car this summer. Last week service engine soon light came on
I searched online and in the manual. Did everything recommended such as tighten fuel intake cap, drive for a while. Its been a week and the light is still on. Any suggestion?
Thanks
R
Old 08-25-2013, 09:28 AM
Rad_Slinger

Received 81 Likes on 59 Posts
Ya, here's some advice for you.....take it to the dealer
Old 08-25-2013, 12:33 PM
Lt8Che
'Cuz Racemod-erator

Received 316 Likes on 204 Posts
Bring it to Autozone or one of those and have them scan the code to give you a little more information.
Old 08-25-2013, 01:26 PM
Roan de Rossi

The car is still under factory warranty. Don't know if that will change anyone's suggestions. Thanks guys, appreciate your input. I'll take it to Autozone today. The nearest dealer is 100 miles (I live in Lafayette, IN) and will have to take it south of Indianapolis to Greenwood. So trying to see if this can be handled here or can it wait for a few months when I take my car in for service.
Any other input will also be welcomed.
Thanks y'all
R
Old 08-25-2013, 01:34 PM
Rad_Slinger

U can take it to a Nissan dealership as well I believe....if that makes any difference.
Old 08-25-2013, 05:24 PM
colnajoe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
How about doing an ECU reset? Used the search button and check out the procedure. It could reset the light and it will stay off. If a serious problem exists, it will throw a code again, then take it in. There will be some that wont agree with this, but it is done frequently
Old 08-26-2013, 09:24 PM
Roan de Rossi

I had it looked at by a guy at autozone. He ran the check and told me there is a small leak but nothing really to worry about. A few people had asked what code, the code was P0456. I did look it up and and the code says EVAP Control System Leak Detected Very Small Leak.
I must have not closed the fuel cap properly. Now I got to figure out how to delete the code and see if it reappears. Any suggestions on how to delete/reset the code?
Thanks.
R
Old 08-26-2013, 10:06 PM
Rad_Slinger

i unplugged the battery for a couple hours the last time i had a CEL and that reset it.

or you could do a search for "ecu reset" and that should bring up a procedure for it.

either or should work just fine.
Old 08-27-2013, 01:46 AM
IsDatiT

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
ECU Resetting Procedures

Timing is extremely critical. If it is NOT DONE within the specify time, the ECU will not reset and the Check Engine Light (CEL) will continue to remain ON. A stop watch or an analog clock with a second’s needle will be useful.

Operations Procedures

1. Confirm that accelerator pedal is fully released, turn ignition switch “ON” and wait 3 seconds.
2. Repeat the following steps (2a and 2b) procedures quickly five times within 5 seconds.
2a. Fully depress the accelerator pedal (HARD).
2b. Fully release the accelerator pedal.
3. Wait 7 seconds, fully depress the accelerator pedal and keep it for approx. 10 seconds until the CEL starts blinking.
4. Fully release the accelerator pedal (while the CEL is still blinking)
5. Wait about 10 second.
6. Fully depress the accelerator pedal and keep it for more than 10 seconds.
7. Fully release the accelerator pedal (The CEL light will continue to blink).
8. Turn ignition switch to “OFF” position and now you can start the car. The CEL light should be gone.
If the CEL light continues to remain ON, repeat the above steps. Timing is EXTREMELY critical to resetting the ECU.
Old 08-27-2013, 01:48 AM
IsDatiT

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Rad_Slinger
U can take it to a Nissan dealership as well I believe....if that makes any difference.
Any warranty related concern must and can only be handled at an infiniti dealer. Only maintanace and or non warranty repairs can be done at any Nissan dealership.
Old 08-27-2013, 11:42 PM
Roan de Rossi

I did try the operations procedure mentioned 4-5 times but the SES light never went to started blinking in step 3. Tried it even with a watch to keep time but still didn't work.
Any other ways of resetting it? As in through the settings or something in the center console?
Thanks.
R
Old 08-28-2013, 12:31 AM
colnajoe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The ecu reset is the best way to do it. Keep trying. I had a nissan titan trick and it took me about 15 times to get it. No I get it on the first try. I do it at every other oil change, or 10 thousand miles. (Pennzoil ultra) but thats for another post.
Old 09-03-2013, 09:39 AM
JohnnyCham
Registered Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
take it to the dealership. mine had a check light on also, turned out to be vvel code or somthing. they said they found nothing, probably because i don't drive the car enough or something. my car is a 09 with 4900 miles. i'm wondering if its the oil since it never happend before until after i got a oil change.

here's my thread.

https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-con...ht-on-wtf.html
Old 09-03-2013, 09:43 AM
JohnnyCham
Registered Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
oh, if you have no throttle on start up, wait for the car to warm up for 10-15 mins, then restart the car, you should have 100% throttle again. the light will still stay on tho.
Old 09-12-2013, 07:27 AM
Qvar

New G37 with "service engine soon" light

My G37 2013 had 3970 miles on it and "service engine soon" warning came on. Just changed oil and filter at 3700. Thinking I screwed something up with the oil change, I call the service dept. He thought it was probably an emissions issue; said I had to bring it in for them to check out. They said it was a temperature sensor problem and needed a software update. Apparently this has been happening with some frequency and a recall may be around the corner.

Quick Reply: g37 vert: Service Engine Soon light