Site Feedback & Suggestions For posting feedback and suggestions regarding MyG37.com

pics in threads resized

Old 02-25-2008, 01:12 AM
LAZY TURBO

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Question pics in threads resized

I'm sure everyone has noticed that all the pictures in every thread get resized. So my question is, how do i disable that option so pictures will show up in threads in their orignal size?
Old 02-25-2008, 01:17 AM
O NO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LAZY TURBO
I'm sure everyone has noticed that all the pictures in every thread get resized. So my question is, how do i disable that option so pictures will show up in threads in their orignal size?
If you are throwing it up as an attachment it is preset, and you can't change that.

If you are hosting someplace and linking it, whatever the size where you are hosting it should pop up.
Old 02-25-2008, 01:18 AM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I don't believe you can. They do this so the page loads quicker especially for people on slower connections.
Old 02-25-2008, 01:27 AM
LAZY TURBO

Originally Posted by O NO
If you are throwing it up as an attachment it is preset, and you can't change that.

If you are hosting someplace and linking it, whatever the size where you are hosting it should pop up.
even when people directly host it from photobucket, it still comes up smaller than the orignal size.
Old 02-25-2008, 07:45 PM
LAZY TURBO

anyone have any ideas??
Old 02-25-2008, 07:48 PM
DiamondGCoupe
Administrator

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
Its going to be resized to fit the forum... I've seen some large photo's posted on here but anything larger, say wallpaper sized, is going to resized to fit the forum.
Old 02-25-2008, 08:12 PM
O NO

anyone have any ideas??
linky where u put it up here
Old 02-25-2008, 09:03 PM
LAZY TURBO

alright i get whats happening. i just thought everyone was uploading pictures from photobucket, flickr, etc., cause i never noticed you can just upload pics directly from your computer when posting in a thread.
Old 02-25-2008, 09:04 PM
Keng

It should resize to fit the width of the window to the degree it doesn't distort the layout. Right now it's a bit too small.
Old 02-26-2008, 12:05 AM
SantiagoDraco

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was about to post on this very same thing. The automatic image resizing drives me nuts. This is the first forum I've seen that does it (or makes you open a whole new window to view full size.

I'd much rather have the choice on whether the forum forces an automatic resize or not, rather than it being forced. Most likely this is a forum feature set by the site admin (not user selectable), but it's definitely configurable somewhere.
Old 02-26-2008, 12:09 AM
O NO

If someone will post up a link of what everyone is complaining about I'll give ya all an explanation of what is doing.
Old 02-26-2008, 12:11 AM
DiamondGCoupe
Administrator

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
If someone will post up a link of what everyone is complaining about I'll give ya all an explanation of what is doing.
https://www.myg37.com/forums/photoshop/178111-can-someone-please-photoshop-this-for-me.html
Old 02-26-2008, 12:27 AM
gmlee86
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Couldn't you just click the picture to see the resized picture in it's original size?
Old 02-26-2008, 12:33 AM
O NO

Capped out @ 800x600.
If you go too much larger it kind of throws out the page alignment for the thread page you are viewing.

Sorry, it is what it is, not gonna be changed.

If you want to show a hi-res pic, hit the 'link' instead of the 'image'. If you need to show detail then do some work, zoom it in and crop.
Old 02-26-2008, 10:25 PM
SantiagoDraco

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Capped out @ 800x600.
If you go too much larger it kind of throws out the page alignment for the thread page you are viewing.

Sorry, it is what it is, not gonna be changed.

If you want to show a hi-res pic, hit the 'link' instead of the 'image'. If you need to show detail then do some work, zoom it in and crop.
It's capped by choice, not because it has to be that way. And I really doubt most people run at 800x600 anymore.

Frankly it's annoying as hell to see the images in a perfectly good size (like 1024x768) display in the page as it loads, with no "page alignment" problems, then have them shrink to the point where you have to click them and open a new window for proper detail.

Besides that saying that if we want more detail then the poster should crop and resize... it's not about the poster deciding to show more detail, it's about everyone reading a thread having to launch windows to see the detail they want to see.

You could just as easily cap the embedded image size to something a bit more reasonable, like 1024x768 and let the click launch a larger size image.

Either that or take a poll asking if folks would like to see it larger rather than just saying it is what it is

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: pics in threads resized