Go Back  MyG37 > G-Spot > G37 Sedan
Reload this Page >

Is there a brand of sunshade that fits/works well in your sedan?

Notices
G37 Sedan

Is there a brand of sunshade that fits/works well in your sedan?

Old 06-14-2019, 01:21 PM
Rochester
Reluctant Moderater

Received 2,869 Likes on 2,234 Posts
Originally Posted by 4DRZ View Post
Oh so you fold up your shade and just leave it in the back seat when you drive?
Yes. Fits snug right here when not in use. It's plenty heavy... there's no amount of wind that could push it around. I see your thinking now. No worries.

Again, it's a summer thing for me, and truth be told I haven't pulled it out of the trunk yet, being June and all. But soon, I'm sure.

Old 06-14-2019, 02:41 PM
Baadnewsburr
Super Moderator

Received 270 Likes on 235 Posts
Man thats one clean backseat...I remember when mine used to look like that, now I have toddler snacks jammed in every crevice and random tiny footprints all over my backseat ...one day I'll have clean interior agian
Old 06-14-2019, 04:35 PM
4DRZ

Received 320 Likes on 244 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester View Post
Yes. Fits snug right here when not in use. It's plenty heavy... there's no amount of wind that could push it around. I see your thinking now. No worries.

Again, it's a summer thing for me, and truth be told I haven't pulled it out of the trunk yet, being June and all. But soon, I'm sure.

Oh, that's what you meant with that picture in your original post. I was wondering about that. That sun shade takes up a lot of space even folded up! I think I would just reach back and put it behind my seat when I'm not using it. My daughter's child seat may be a bit of a tight fit with the armrest down all the time. But you know me- I'll experiment if I get one like that.

Originally Posted by Hashim View Post
Man thats one clean backseat...I remember when mine used to look like that, now I have toddler snacks jammed in every crevice and random tiny footprints all over my backseat ...one day I'll have clean interior agian
My daughter turns 8 months old tomorrow and so far my back seat is still spotless, but I am sure it is only a matter of time before that changes.
Old 06-14-2019, 05:04 PM
Baadnewsburr
Super Moderator

Received 270 Likes on 235 Posts
Originally Posted by 4DRZ View Post
My daughter turns 8 months old tomorrow and so far my back seat is still spotless, but I am sure it is only a matter of time before that changes.
Yeah it was all good until about the time the little booger was getting ready to transition from rear facing to front...then he became self aware or something about his ability to make a mess and all hell broke loose...I tried to keep it covered with a moving blanket but this kid is resourceful....he has gotten better though slightly
Old 06-16-2019, 08:17 PM
KidJai06

Received 86 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester View Post
Turn them around, black-side facing out.

Yeah basically this. I can't say I've used it a ton during the winter months but with the black side facing outward, in theory it will absorb rather than reflect the sunlight. I park in pretty direct sun all day at work so when I remember to use it seems helpful, however I also have a black interior. I suppose I should put thermometer in the car and test its efficacy.....

They do fit the windshield well, but require rolling up. It has velcro to hold it, however storage isn't ideal but I shove it behind my seat since I'm tall enough that nobody will sit behind me.