G37 Sedan
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is there a brand of sunshade that fits/works well in your sedan?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2019, 01:21 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,574 Likes on 3,425 Posts
Originally Posted by 4DRZ
Oh so you fold up your shade and just leave it in the back seat when you drive?
Yes. Fits snug right here when not in use. It's plenty heavy... there's no amount of wind that could push it around. I see your thinking now. No worries.

Again, it's a summer thing for me, and truth be told I haven't pulled it out of the trunk yet, being June and all. But soon, I'm sure.

Old 06-14-2019, 02:41 PM
Baadnewsburr
Super Moderator

Received 319 Likes on 276 Posts
Man thats one clean backseat...I remember when mine used to look like that, now I have toddler snacks jammed in every crevice and random tiny footprints all over my backseat ...one day I'll have clean interior agian
Old 06-14-2019, 04:35 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Received 697 Likes on 499 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
Yes. Fits snug right here when not in use. It's plenty heavy... there's no amount of wind that could push it around. I see your thinking now. No worries.

Again, it's a summer thing for me, and truth be told I haven't pulled it out of the trunk yet, being June and all. But soon, I'm sure.

Oh, that's what you meant with that picture in your original post. I was wondering about that. That sun shade takes up a lot of space even folded up! I think I would just reach back and put it behind my seat when I'm not using it. My daughter's child seat may be a bit of a tight fit with the armrest down all the time. But you know me- I'll experiment if I get one like that.

Originally Posted by Hashim
Man thats one clean backseat...I remember when mine used to look like that, now I have toddler snacks jammed in every crevice and random tiny footprints all over my backseat ...one day I'll have clean interior agian
My daughter turns 8 months old tomorrow and so far my back seat is still spotless, but I am sure it is only a matter of time before that changes.
Old 06-14-2019, 05:04 PM
Baadnewsburr
Super Moderator

Received 319 Likes on 276 Posts
Originally Posted by 4DRZ
My daughter turns 8 months old tomorrow and so far my back seat is still spotless, but I am sure it is only a matter of time before that changes.
Yeah it was all good until about the time the little booger was getting ready to transition from rear facing to front...then he became self aware or something about his ability to make a mess and all hell broke loose...I tried to keep it covered with a moving blanket but this kid is resourceful....he has gotten better though slightly
Old 06-16-2019, 08:17 PM
KidJai06
Registered Member

Received 130 Likes on 91 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
Turn them around, black-side facing out.

Yeah basically this. I can't say I've used it a ton during the winter months but with the black side facing outward, in theory it will absorb rather than reflect the sunlight. I park in pretty direct sun all day at work so when I remember to use it seems helpful, however I also have a black interior. I suppose I should put thermometer in the car and test its efficacy.....

They do fit the windshield well, but require rolling up. It has velcro to hold it, however storage isn't ideal but I shove it behind my seat since I'm tall enough that nobody will sit behind me.
Old 10-12-2022, 03:39 PM
Liesovit
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A small educational program: the sun visor serves to protect the eyes of the driver and front passenger from blinding in the bright sun, especially in the late afternoon, when it is tending to the horizon. But I use protective screens from the sun to protect me from heat and sunlight during the day. I learned about them when my first son was born; they were very convenient. For me, this is the best way to protect the car from the sun without using tinting.

Last edited by Liesovit; 10-16-2022 at 04:03 AM.
Old 10-12-2022, 04:58 PM
rotarymike
Moderator in Moderation

Received 449 Likes on 377 Posts
I have a generic one that fits pretty well in the G with the last two pleats folded in. I toss in my rear seat when not using,and in winter it goes in the cargo net in the trunk.

Have a custom fit for the wife's CX5 since it's quite a bit bigger; the quality isn't any different but the fit sure is. Has held up so far.