Go Back  MyG37 > Reviews > Drivetrain
Reload this Page >

Review Bell Raceworks rear differential brace

Notices
Drivetrain Reviews of clutches, gear mods, diffs, axles etc..

Review Bell Raceworks rear differential brace

Old 05-06-2019, 03:31 PM
Hashim
Super Moderator

Received 225 Likes on 201 Posts
I installed my brace "for finned covers" yesterday....someone else mentioned it earlier, but with the Nismo cover you have to do some grinding cause it definitely won't fit out of the box....it was either the brace or the Nismo cover and the brace is a hardened steel, so I decided to just grind down a couple of the aluminum fins on the Nismo cover (circled below). Using a dremel bit and some cutting oil it was done in about 10 minutes ..the rest of the install took about 10 minutes...Qmantran's suggestion on another thread to use a telescoping magnet on the inner subframe made the install super quick I just tightened the rest of the bolts down by hand and then tightened them up wit ha couple of regular old wrenches

I haven't done much driving just yet but so far the rear end does seem a lot tighter from what I can tell but it is a bit hard to tell if its the brace alone as I recently had new summer tires and lighter wheels put on and did the brakes and I haven't driven the car much in between so it could also be some of those changes affecting my impression

The following users liked this post:
qmantran (05-12-2019)
Old 05-06-2019, 03:58 PM
projectpanda13

Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts
I was able to hold it up with a closed end wrench.

I recorded what I could for my install. Maybe itíll help anyone else installing it.