Drivetrain Reviews of clutches, gear mods, diffs, axles etc..

Review Bell Raceworks rear differential brace

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2019, 12:04 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,604 Likes on 3,448 Posts
Originally Posted by PNW_IPL
Yea I think so. I was looking for the 4 point as i had no plans to do a diff cover. But i guess i have the option should i change my plans. I wonder if bell offers it still?.
That's perfectly sound logic, future-proofing mods. Then again, it's a really inexpensive item, and easily re-sold. And let's be honest, you've demonstrated an uncommon enthusiasm for car mods, so it wouldn't be a problem for you if you swapped diff braces.

Anyway, the 4-point brace is still on Bell's website. https://bellraceworks.bigcartel.com/...ck-diff-covers

Last edited by Rochester; 12-03-2019 at 10:42 AM.
Old 12-06-2019, 02:45 PM
PNW_IPL
Registered Member

Received 543 Likes on 435 Posts
Originally Posted by Entcee
Received the replacement today, and that one fit like a glove. Also found the problem. One "tube" was not quite square.

Initial impressions with a 20 minute test drive..... Wow, what a difference!
  • No added NVH, not even a little. Granted I have subframe collars, etc... already.
  • Shifts (not only shifting, but also clutch modulation) seem.... smother? A little less sloppy? Improved!
  • The entire rear end seems less sloppy.
  • May have helped clutch chatter.
  • Reduced, and may have eliminated wheel hop. <--- slartibartfast has been waiting for that report
Some of this may be placebo, but I can definitely feel a difference. Worth every penny. And, I should note, Arthur Bell's customer service is outstanding. If it wasn't for the Post Office, the replacement brace would have arrived on Friday.

Excuse the dirty underside.

Anyone have any rust yet? Debating whether or not to clear coat mine or slap it on as is after work. After doing the ss lines and trans mount wednesday and engine mounts last night I'm feeling froggy and 3 days in a row working on the G seems right.
Old 12-06-2019, 03:20 PM
Entcee
Premier Member

Received 123 Likes on 80 Posts
Anyone have any rust yet? Debating whether or not to clear coat mine or slap it on as is after work. After doing the ss lines and trans mount wednesday and engine mounts last night I'm feeling froggy and 3 days in a row working on the G seems right.
Last time I was under the car (a month or 2 ago) there was no (visible) rust at all.
Old 12-06-2019, 04:44 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Received 697 Likes on 499 Posts
I have not had any rust yet either and I would not expect any unless it scraped against something and took off the paint.
Old 12-06-2019, 04:46 PM
PNW_IPL
Registered Member

Good enough for me guys. I'll go ahead and install as is! 3 days in a row. Bet my wife will be happy.

(NOT)

my son will though. He loves hanging out with dad in the garage. Hes 18 months old now!
Old 12-06-2019, 05:50 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Good enough for me guys. I'll go ahead and install as is! 3 days in a row. Bet my wife will be happy.

(NOT)

my son will though. He loves hanging out with dad in the garage. Hes 18 months old now!
That's pretty cool, for your son at least. My daughter is just over a year old now and likes going for rides in my G.
Old 12-06-2019, 05:59 PM
PNW_IPL
Registered Member

Originally Posted by 4DRZ
That's pretty cool, for your son at least. My daughter is just over a year old now and likes going for rides in my G.
That's awesome man! They sure are fun around this age. They grow and learn very quickly.
Old 12-06-2019, 07:10 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,604 Likes on 3,448 Posts
Interesting turn of the conversation.

Between diapers and middle-school is a great time. After that, just try and raise two teenage girls at 16 and 19. It gets exponentially more difficult than when they were 6 and 9.
Old 12-06-2019, 08:15 PM
PNW_IPL
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Rochester

Between diapers and middle-school is a great time. After that, just try and raise two teenage girls at 16 and 19. It gets exponentially more difficult than when they were 6 and 9.
Oh im.sure. not looking forward to teenage years.

Welp it's in. Super easy install.

Its wet out so cant get a good feel yet.

Old 12-07-2019, 03:49 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Rochester

I'm not looking forward to the teenage years either. Should I start stockpiling firearms now to scare off future boyfriends?

Oh im.sure. not looking forward to teenage years.

Welp it's in. Super easy install.

Its wet out so cant get a good feel yet.

Is your G a 6 spd. manual? I noticed a nice reduction of slop in the drive line. Especially noticeable in the shifter and gas pedal. This part was the finishing drive line touch for me after the motor mounts and transmission mount.
Old 12-07-2019, 03:52 PM
PNW_IPL
Registered Member

Yes 6mt definitely less sloppy . My diff bushing is blown though. So there's still some slop. Will.drop the diff summer 2020. I'm trying to do headers in January and then tune.
Old 12-15-2019, 03:36 PM
jpowersjr2
Registered Member

Received 218 Likes on 194 Posts
I plan on doing my whiteline bushings and brace all at once. I can't wait but then again I can because I know the install is going to suck for the diff bushing ha.
Old 04-23-2020, 07:07 AM
TheDevilsG
Registered Member

Received 118 Likes on 92 Posts

I'm sure i clicked oem differential when i ordered mine a few weeks back from z1, but this is what ended up with.

i guess ill just jack up the car tomorrow and see if it fits because shopping from z1 to canada is a pain in the *** and takes awhile. I saw someone was gonna try this but didn't see his follow up and if it worked out for him.

Old 04-23-2020, 07:59 AM
The Pope
Registered Member

Received 79 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by TheDevilsG

I'm sure i clicked oem differential when i ordered mine a few weeks back from z1, but this is what ended up with.

i guess ill just jack up the car tomorrow and see if it fits because shopping from z1 to canada is a pain in the *** and takes awhile. I saw someone was gonna try this but didn't see his follow up and if it worked out for him.
That's the one for the Stock/OEM Diff Cover. It will work on the Aftermarket Diff Covers with slight modifications to the Aftermarket Diff Covers.
Look back through this thread, All of this has been covered/answered.
Old 04-23-2020, 08:10 AM
TheDevilsG
Registered Member

Received 118 Likes on 92 Posts

Are you sure man? I thought i saw Rochesters post of the beefier one stating it was the oem diff cover, and these 2 screenshots are from Z1s website stating mine is the one for the z1 extended capacity differential cover with the cooling fins.

If mine is in fact the oem cover brace, ill be happy as hell though!

Quick Reply: Review Bell Raceworks rear differential brace