Picture Share G Coupe Th ultimate forum to view and post high definition pictures of your G Coupe.

"I hate being stock"

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2016, 04:36 PM
J.Tilley

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
"I hate being stock"

Didn't wanna put this up in the "build" section, because... well, I wouldn't warrant this as a build. Just more of a hobby for me lol

Anyways... I picked up a 2013 coupe with only 20k miles on it about 2 weeks ago. I can't stand driving an all OEM car, so parts are already on the way!

Infiniti by J Tilley, on Flickr

Managed to snag a set of iForged wheels from a fellow forum member... and they'll be here next Monday. I can't believe they sat in the For Sale section that long! I'm sure most of you will recognize them but once the tires need replacing, the wheels will be getting a full makeover...

Also ordered a set of K Sport coils to get rid of that wheel gap. Those should also be here Monday/Tuesday...

Name:  ksport_zps1qzugwzf.jpg
Views: 272
Size:  149.5 KB

More pics to come as I get everything installed
Old 04-27-2016, 04:58 PM
kickintheglass
Registered Member

Received 113 Likes on 79 Posts
Sweet night shot. Are you going to be replacing all the bulbs to 5000k? The city lights look a bit dim there.
Old 04-27-2016, 05:23 PM
G37sGraphite

Received 140 Likes on 115 Posts
Yep I saw an old lady driving a G stock...enough said. Gotta kill the OEM look...starting with the grandpa approved chrome spoiler!
Old 04-27-2016, 05:25 PM
kennyz424

Received 1,498 Likes on 1,271 Posts
Great list of start mm odd you got there man! Keep us updated as the installs get completed!
Old 04-27-2016, 06:53 PM
Kris9884

Received 202 Likes on 186 Posts
Sounds like a build thread to me
Old 04-27-2016, 08:08 PM
J.Tilley

Originally Posted by kickintheglass
Sweet night shot. Are you going to be replacing all the bulbs to 5000k? The city lights look a bit dim there.
Yep! Custom headlights are also on the list. Gonna wait til I re-do the wheels so I can match them together.

Originally Posted by G37sGraphite
Gotta kill the OEM look...
Exactly. I don't even like driving it right now haha!

Originally Posted by kennyz424
Great list of start mm odd you got there man! Keep us updated as the installs get completed!
Will do! Thanks!

Originally Posted by Kris9884
Sounds like a build thread to me
haha eh... I just did a build for SEMA last year. Not gonna be near as crazy with this car. Just some clean, simple mods.
Old 04-28-2016, 12:27 AM
Chekov
Senior Citizen

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts
Of course there’s a small contingent, albeit not always recognized around here, that favor stock Infinities. Attributes include lower operating costs, no fighting with dealers over warranty issues, no fear of being nailed for illegal mods, ability to pass state inspections, higher resale values, assigning performance gains that don’t really exist, and the inherent freedom of not dreading those red lights appearing behind you when you least expect them.
Old 04-28-2016, 07:01 AM
J.Tilley

Originally Posted by Chekov
Of course there’s a small contingent, albeit not always recognized around here, that favor stock Infinities. Attributes include lower operating costs, no fighting with dealers over warranty issues, no fear of being nailed for illegal mods, ability to pass state inspections, higher resale values, assigning performance gains that don’t really exist, and the inherent freedom of not dreading those red lights appearing behind you when you least expect them.

Different strokes for different folks!

Although I will say this: this makes my 10th car in the 16 years I've been driving. I've modified all but 3 of the vehicles and have NEVER been pulled over mods, NEVER had my resale value docked for the mods, and have yet to need extensive warranty work in which my mods prevented that. Most dealers know of the Magnusson-Moss warranty act so unless they can prove that your mods caused premature wear, then you're good to go. It's all about how much you're willing to push back.
Old 04-28-2016, 07:48 AM
JC-RH
Registered Member

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
Tilley, didn't you used to have a red G35 coupe? Your name sounds familiar.
Old 04-28-2016, 07:52 AM
J.Tilley

Originally Posted by JC-RH
Tilley, didn't you used to have a red G35 coupe? Your name sounds familiar.
I had a red Genesis Coupe back in the day, but this is my first Infiniti... well, other than an FX35
Old 04-28-2016, 09:17 AM
G37sGraphite

Yea, that's what grandma gretchen thinks too.
Putting on an axel back, intake, diffuser, splitter, chrome deleting that ugly spoiler and front grill, tinting the tails, lowering say an inch and putting on some spacers. This makes a huge difference in appearance..the car then looks good and sounds good. Plus none of those things create higher operating costs, warranty issues nor are they illegal in any way. I just passed a state inspection so nope to that one too. Resale value? Everyone removes the mods and resells them turning the car back to boring for the boring mass appeal. No fear of cops unless your driving fast... If there was a law that you had to keep the car stock I would sell it - yesterday.
Old 04-28-2016, 02:25 PM
Chekov
Senior Citizen

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by J.Tilley
Different strokes for different folks!

I can certainly agree with that. But in regard to the perpetual claim of “I’ve never been pulled over for my mods” there are many posts on this forum describing just that; posts regarding being stopped for window tints, no front plate (where required), and not passing state inspections. If future posters would just add the word “yet” to those claims it would add credibility.

At any rate, albeit being in a small minority around here, we respect everyone’s freedom of choice.
Old 04-28-2016, 02:37 PM
J.Tilley

I can certainly agree with that. But in regard to the perpetual claim of “I’ve never been pulled over for my mods” there are many posts on this forum describing just that; posts regarding being stopped for window tints, no front plate (where required), and not passing state inspections. If future posters would just add the word “yet” to those claims it would add credibility.

At any rate, albeit being in a small minority around here, we respect everyone’s freedom of choice.

I'm not really sure what the point of all of this is... the simple fact is, people have been modding cars for decades. There's a reason why it's a multi-million (if not billion) dollar industry. I love taking a car/truck and making it my own... and I will continue to do so. I didn't make this thread to bash on those who wish not to mod their vehicles.... I simply made a statement that I am not one to drive an OEM vehicle, regardless of the possible "consequences".
Old 04-28-2016, 03:24 PM
G37sGraphite

Yea the consequences are so minor ...ticket..blah blah...I ain't no goody goody ..dont care if I do a California roll, speed, or tint my windows too dark....if you dont mod and get your hands dirty...then go play golf and and talk about current political events..
Old 05-04-2016, 10:01 PM
J.Tilley

Wheels are on, and coilovers go on this weekend!

Infiniti2 by J Tilley, on Flickr