Picture Share G Coupe Th ultimate forum to view and post high definition pictures of your G Coupe.

Who likes proper fitment and models?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 06:14 PM
WPPJR30

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by G37Sam
It was clearly a joke, hence the cheesy smiley that I threw after my post. Stop being so dramatic man
I could just as easily say the same to you, Sam, every time you "moderate" unnecessarily. I'm really not trying to be dramatic. I realize it was an attempt at a joke, but, on those forums where you're not a powerful moderator, how would you feel if a moderator edited your stuff just because he didn't agree with it (joke or not) or because he was tired of the topic?

Clearly, the OP found your joke hilarious.
Old 11-08-2012, 06:30 PM
DPE G

Received 112 Likes on 73 Posts
Wppjr, I realize it wasn't taken as a joke by the op, but by all means the wheels and tires are "improper" as far as mechanically correct fitment. It was a clear joke and not really a negative statement, an attempt at poking some fun gone wrong between people with different taste. Laugh it up and move on, I mean this just is the internet...
Old 11-08-2012, 06:40 PM
Doggy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I get its a joke, ha ha. If someone I know did that it would be different, but I do not know sam, and I know he does not like this style. So yes it looks bad on his part as a moderator to abuse his power. Im honestly in shock as to why he is still a moderator on this forum. I know many people who agree with me, and wonder how he is not stripped of his forum rights. Why is it always the same moderator starting problems? I never see black betty, 1cleang or cereal acting a fool. Just my opinion, now enough of this bs lets get over it
Old 11-08-2012, 06:54 PM
WPPJR30

Originally Posted by DPE G
I mean this just is the internet...
Exactly. That is my point.

It doesn't matter what the OP wrote as long as he didn't curse, insult anyone personally, or break forum rules. What difference does it make? If he said his wheels were purple would a moderator have felt compelled to correct it to say red?

It is well-known that the stance culture often refers to the hellaflush fitment as "proper." It is sort of a colloquialism (similar to the notion of referring to replica and knock-off parts as "fake"). I understand what you're saying about laughing it off, but if you follow this forum at all (which I know you do), you will know that Sam is not a fan of the stance scene, so because he is a moderator, he is allowed to inject his opinion where ever he sees fit simply because he includes a smiley face at the end of it? It's not the end of the world and I'm not trying to be a douche. I know it was meant to be a joke. I just find it rather funny because Sam, whenever the replica/authentic debates surfaces on this forum, has no problem telling me to relax, or to stop being dramatic, or he simply deletes my posts because "people are entitled to their opinion" and "there will never be an end to the debate," etc... However, he does not seem to feel that way when it comes to wheel sizes and offsets. Just ironic, I guess.

But I will include a couple emoticons and laugh it off...
Old 11-08-2012, 07:42 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Originally Posted by Doggy
I get its a joke, ha ha. If someone I know did that it would be different, but I do not know sam, and I know he does not like this style. So yes it looks bad on his part as a moderator to abuse his power. Im honestly in shock as to why he is still a moderator on this forum. I know many people who agree with me, and wonder how he is not stripped of his forum rights. Why is it always the same moderator starting problems? I never see black betty, 1cleang or cereal acting a fool. Just my opinion, now enough of this bs lets get over it
Clearly sir you have not been paying attention. I do try to post useful content, but I probably act a fool as much or more than anyone.

Sam - behave yourself. Don't make me come over there... Stop doing things that members don't like. Stop pissing people off.
Old 11-08-2012, 08:31 PM
DPE G

Originally Posted by WPPJR30
Exactly. That is my point.

It doesn't matter what the OP wrote as long as he didn't curse, insult anyone personally, or break forum rules. What difference does it make? If he said his wheels were purple would a moderator have felt compelled to correct it to say red?

It is well-known that the stance culture often refers to the hellaflush fitment as "proper." It is sort of a colloquialism (similar to the notion of referring to replica and knock-off parts as "fake"). I understand what you're saying about laughing it off, but if you follow this forum at all (which I know you do), you will know that Sam is not a fan of the stance scene, so because he is a moderator, he is allowed to inject his opinion where ever he sees fit simply because he includes a smiley face at the end of it? It's not the end of the world and I'm not trying to be a douche. I know it was meant to be a joke. I just find it rather funny because Sam, whenever the replica/authentic debates surfaces on this forum, has no problem telling me to relax, or to stop being dramatic, or he simply deletes my posts because "people are entitled to their opinion" and "there will never be an end to the debate," etc... However, he does not seem to feel that way when it comes to wheel sizes and offsets. Just ironic, I guess.

But I will include a couple emoticons and laugh it off...
I do not follow everyone on here to know who's post gets deleted or everyone who likes everything, that being said, I know a handful of these people that I have met in person, and whether they edit my post, you, or a moderator, a joke is a joke IMO, and I would hope I could laugh it off. I also do not follow the stance scene as I do not care for it enough to know what their terms are, so no "proper" did not strike me as a "stance lingo"

As far as I am concerned we are all individuals looking for ideas, and have SIMILAR interests, not necessarily the same and not necessarily favoring others. But the stance guys seems to take the drama to a whole other level when they are not praised in the way they like, the authentic vs replica threads get heated but with logical points usually, the fast vs show, the same, but when someone says stance isn't their cup o' tea, all hell breaks loose and people start telling other people their style sucks, and that my car is ugly haha. I can deal with having the ugliest car on the forum if I must, but I'm not going to get into a pissing match over my style vs theirs.

As I have said in the past to Doggy, no I would not even touch your style with a 10ft stick, however, good job at doing what you wanted, and achieving your goals, not everyone can do that. I've seen others say it, looks great in pictures, but would I want to drive it? HELL NO!
Old 11-08-2012, 08:43 PM
WPPJR30

I do not follow everyone on here to know who's post gets deleted or everyone who likes everything, that being said, I know a handful of these people that I have met in person, and whether they edit my post, you, or a moderator, a joke is a joke IMO, and I would hope I could laugh it off. I also do not follow the stance scene as I do not care for it enough to know what their terms are, so no "proper" did not strike me as a "stance lingo"

As far as I am concerned we are all individuals looking for ideas, and have SIMILAR interests, not necessarily the same and not necessarily favoring others. But the stance guys seems to take the drama to a whole other level when they are not praised in the way they like, the authentic vs replica threads get heated but with logical points usually, the fast vs show, the same, but when someone says stance isn't their cup o' tea, all hell breaks loose and people start telling other people their style sucks, and that my car is ugly haha. I can deal with having the ugliest car on the forum if I must, but I'm not going to get into a pissing match over my style vs theirs.

As I have said in the past to Doggy, no I would not even touch your style with a 10ft stick, however, good job at doing what you wanted, and achieving your goals, not everyone can do that. I've seen others say it, looks great in pictures, but would I want to drive it? HELL NO!
I don't disagree with everything you say and I am not trying to argue with anyone here. I'm not a big fan of stance, either, personally. However this issue is not necessarily about what is proper and what is not in terms of wheel/tire fitment. I just thought it was kind of interesting that a moderator would take it upon himself to do something like that based on his own personal opinion... However, as I noted, it didn't surprise me at all. If it were the opposite and Doggy was the moderator and Sam posted a picture of his car and called his fitment "proper" and Doggy changed the title, trying to be funny, I think the tune here would be a little different. In that sense, you are correct - the stance issue is a hot topic, but from both sides of the debate.

Either way, it is what it is. I'm done posting about this.
Old 11-08-2012, 09:01 PM
DPE G

Agreed...
Old 11-08-2012, 09:21 PM
fairladyz34

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Stance scmance, what is a this so called "stretch, poke, camber" that's got everyone all hopped up about?
Old 11-09-2012, 05:24 AM
jdmposer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Agreed...
It took all of that fussing and drama to finally get the point of it all? Lol.
Old 11-09-2012, 08:18 AM
DPE G

Not fussing or drama, just discussing as that's what forums are for. I don't see the title change as a big deal, funny haha is all that is. I just don't see the reason behind Doggy getting so pissed off every time someone doesn't bow to his setup. He thinks my car is ugly, so be it, no skin off my back.
Old 11-09-2012, 08:21 AM
Robert_K
Registered Member

Received 125 Likes on 95 Posts

There is nothing "proper" in this thread.
Old 11-09-2012, 10:25 AM
Can'tGme

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
DPE G's ride > Doggy's ride
Old 11-09-2012, 12:36 PM
DPE G

Originally Posted by Can'tGme
DPE G's ride > Doggy's ride
ha, thanks, but let's not get into another pissing match in this thread, i will have one for you in the coming week or two with some major changes.
Old 11-10-2012, 01:19 AM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 242 Likes on 192 Posts
Originally Posted by Doggy
Look, I clearly intended this one as a joke. I'm sorry you didn't find it funny. Everyone moved on in this thread and I honestly completely forgot about it and forgot to reverse it. Trust me, If I wanted to abuse my power I'd delete everyone of these threads if I wanted to "inject my opinion".

Anyways, I've fixed it back and will move on. If you see me "starting problems" in the future feel free to report the post.

Last edited by G37Sam; 11-10-2012 at 02:50 AM.

Quick Reply: Who likes proper fitment and models?