Picture Share G Coupe Th ultimate forum to view and post high definition pictures of your G Coupe.

Magden Computer for G37

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2008, 05:01 PM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
^^Hey Black Betty, I posted that. Not sure if that is the max resolution of the screen but with the AV connection that this and other things need to use to connect to the screen, that is the best you will get. The native resolution (the resolution when you view the GPS, etc) could be move but I don't know for sure.
Old 08-03-2008, 06:06 PM
magnus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello,

A quick update on our G37 work with the M.1.

We are trying out different composite video signals that will generate a good image on the G37 nav unit. We have it down to an image that looks good, but which is somewhat too small. Next week, I'll try to get over to the shop with my development tools to see if we can tweak things a bit further.

Once we have a good image quality, we'll add a vehicle profile for the G37 to the setup and add it as a supported make and model. This should happen at the end of this coming week, or at the beginning of the week after that.

The next release of the software will also have a wideband lambda gauge (displayed as AFR and lambda) for those cars where that data is present in the OBD-II stream. The G37 ECU does send wideband lambda information and the gauge will be available for this application.

/Magnus F.
CTO - Magden Automotive.
Old 08-03-2008, 07:10 PM
cdebnil

whoops, another question...since this is going through the video, how will we interact with it since we have no touchscreen in aux? remote? didn't see it mentioned anywhere..also, can you replace the magden logo with whatever we want? ie infiniti or g37 etc?

Last edited by cdebnil; 08-03-2008 at 07:13 PM.
Old 08-04-2008, 01:37 PM
magnus

Originally Posted by cdebnil
whoops, another question...since this is going through the video, how will we interact with it since we have no touchscreen in aux? remote? didn't see it mentioned anywhere..also, can you replace the magden logo with whatever we want? ie infiniti or g37 etc?
To interact with a M.1 connected to a non-touchscreen, you can plug in any USB mouse device into the M.1, which will then display a mouse pointer. See this video for an example. We sell a handheld trackball, but anything that you plug into a PC or Mac will work.

Further down the road we will release a software update to support a wireless remote normally used for power point presentations. An example of such a device is the Griffin AirClick.

For value adding dealers, we today offer to customize one or more layouts with their logo and artwork.

We are also working on a customization toolkit allowing owners themselves to replace the background bitmap for their layouts. For this toolkit, we will make a number of templates available which can be modified in photoshop or other desktop publishing software. The finished bitmap is uploaded to our server, which will send back a ready-to-install packfile for the M.1.

Please note that this owner customization kit is a couple of months away. It is not a lot of work for us, but our development pipeline is packed right now.

/Magnus F.
Old 08-04-2008, 01:54 PM
cdebnil

I like the mouse feature...very appealing product...saw a few car show videos online and the graphics look much better then the screen shots on the first page of this post...can it support a gyro mouse such as this one?

http://www.gyration.com/p-56-m2000-t...air-mouse.aspx
Old 08-04-2008, 02:00 PM
magnus

We haven't tested the gyro mouse, but I am certain it will work with the M.1.

All USB mice are standardized in how they communicate with their host computers. We have implemented that standard in the M.1 and have yet to find a USB mouse that does not work.

/Magnus F.
Old 08-10-2008, 11:31 AM
magnus

I met with Lou down at the Hot Import Nights yesterday and tried out a few new video modes using a beta version of our upcoming software release (1.0.1).

One mode (Narrow Screen 2) looks very good, even if its narrow screen 640x480 format leaves two black borders at each side of the image.

Apparently, the nav unit cannot display (wide screen) movies from anything other than an iPod, which may explain the strange wide screen behavior when we connect an M.1. I'll dig around a bit and see what I can find on the subject.

Lou wanted to show the screen to a few colleagues and friends. If they OK the quality as well, I'll install the G37 as a vehicle profile in the setup menu and make an official 1.0.1 release during next week. All units from now on will be shipped with this release.

/Magnus F.
Old 08-21-2008, 06:23 PM
Hawaiian72099

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would be interested in one of these as well.
Old 08-21-2008, 06:35 PM
Lou@Amplified
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Hawaiian72099
I would be interested in one of these as well.
Im now taking orders
Old 08-21-2008, 06:39 PM
gan78mao

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This thign looks amazing thats all i ahve to say i saw it at HIN works great
very responsive
Old 08-22-2008, 11:03 AM
magnus

Originally Posted by gan78mao
This thign looks amazing thats all i ahve to say i saw it at HIN works great
very responsive
Thank you.

We just released M.1 system 1.0.1 ( click for more info ), which includes G37 support. What you saw at HIN was a beta release of this software.

/Magnus F.

Old 08-22-2008, 12:13 PM
cdebnil

Anyone install this on a G37 yet and have a review/pics? Could you let us know what data streams are available for G37? Also, saw one of the screenshot has an Evo X, with a pic in the background etc...something similar for the G37?
Old 08-22-2008, 12:30 PM
magnus

Pics in the G37 are available at the beginning of this post. Please note that we kicked the image quality up a (big) notch for the G37 since those photos were taken.

The Evo X install you saw was probably in the SocalEvo meet at Mitsubishi HQ about a month ago. That was a stock installation with no special background images, although we do offer customized graphics for large volume dealers.

I don't have the exact list of channels here, but if memory serves me right we saw the following in the G37:
RPM
Speed
Air/Fuel Ratio
Mass Air Flow
Dynamic HP
Dynamic Torque
Current Gear
Longitudinal Acceleration
Ignition
Engine Coolant Temp

There may also be few additional channels. Let me get back when I have the list in front of me.

/Magnus F.
Old 08-22-2008, 01:00 PM
UNV-IT46

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
so this will be plug and play? how accurate are the readings? within how many %
Old 08-22-2008, 01:05 PM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
This keeps catching my eye... and I could use it will driving also since I have the "bypass" completed.

Looks good btw...

Quick Reply: Magden Computer for G37