Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

510#G coupedrivers

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2014, 03:04 AM
Booneathun
Premier Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
510#G coupedrivers

What's up players any body in the 510/ oakland are on the forum and have any tips,on where I can take my 2013 6speed g37sport.
, for up grades and performance up grades and running. My whip is stock besides invidia cat back. I bought,Stillen caid,stillen lightweight pulleys.but I need them installed,. I got the exhaust installed at the nission/infinity dealer on Broadway in Oakland.Was wondering if any body had any shops to reccamend.or is there any local clubs meets etc for g37. It's a car show at first Friday every month st the giant burger on telegraph and west grand on the first Friday every month. That would be an ideal place to meet. I would really appreciate any suggestions on shops, etc or if any one has any suggestions or urge to meet and talk about our cars. I am a lover of American musscle and also have a olds,1970'442-w30.but this little g37 sweep me off my feat. I'm in love...holla if you want to talk about our pretty ,little fast cars,...
Old 09-13-2014, 07:52 PM
Jukeboxhero

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Sup man. I'm from Hayward-- I've seen the tail end of first fridays. Its pretty poppin.

As for mods:

As far as the Stillen Gen 3 CAI-- I did that install myself. Its not too bad, but if grinding out the core supports makes you cringe... well yeah, just get it done professionally.

Stillen UD Pulley - Had a hook up at Beshoff infiniti; they did a great job. Frees up a little bit of power that you'll feel with butt-dyno.

Z1 Plenum - Pretty easy to install. Not sure about power gains though. Butt dyno felt like it picked up a little HP, but I can't be sure. I'd suggest trying the Motordyne M370 unit though. You can usually find someone parting/switching to FI selling them for pretty cheap in the classified section.

As far as all-rounders go, I had my car Dyno'd and tuned at Z Car Garage in San Jose. They also installed my transgo shift kit. Rob is a really good dude, and loves working on cars. They are slammed with business though, so you gotta book way in advance.

Also, coil overs/ sway bars really boost handling. I have megan racing coils... wouldn't really rec. them. I think you can find a way better deal in the classifieds than what I paid. AS far as the F/R sways... lovin the hotchkis.

Good luck modding, I'd be much more active in the community if I wasn't pending some army stuff.
The following users liked this post:
Booneathun (10-02-2014)
Old 09-14-2014, 01:45 PM
evil-G-nius
Registered Member

Received 395 Likes on 238 Posts
Hey Boone, welcome. Got pics?

Yo Jukebox, where in Hayward do you live? I used to live behind Cal-State Hayward...I refuse to ever call it Cal State East Bay! LoL
Old 09-14-2014, 04:07 PM
obg376mt

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
I'm out in Hayward around b street area. Work in Oakland and my parents are in Fremont so I'm all around the east bay. Let's get a cruise together.
Old 09-14-2014, 05:54 PM
Jukeboxhero

Fasho guys.

OB, where on B St,? Lol, my buddy's dad owns a building near the mission parking garage.

T.T barrera is in CV as well... he hit me up to do something a while back, but I was in the Dominican Rep. on a humanitarian mission. I feel like I should be more active in the G community but I'm always hella busy.

Evil, I still live on Dobbel-- Like, right near where you used to live, I thought? I'm just south of the Zele Creek turn-off, right where Dobbel flattens out.

Also, I see SO many Gs here in the east bay. Theres like a billion G35s floating around, but I'm surprised at the number of 37s as well (However most are stock).
Old 09-15-2014, 01:06 PM
evil-G-nius
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Jukeboxhero
Evil, I still live on Dobbel-- Like, right near where you used to live, I thought? I'm just south of the Zele Creek turn-off, right where Dobbel flattens out.
THAT'S RIGHT! I remembered there was someone here that lived on Dobbel but I couldn't remember who! LoL

My god-brother still lives there I believe...I grew up at 28010. Kinda miss that neighborhood to tell you the truth
Old 09-15-2014, 01:26 PM
Jukeboxhero

haha yeah, 071 here.

Its still good, but there are a few punks that come up from somewhere and steal/egg/break windows 1-2 times a year. The mentality seems to be "f the rich", even though we are all middle class; the really "nice" houses are at the top of the hill, lol.
Old 09-15-2014, 02:17 PM
evil-G-nius
Registered Member

yeah that is not a rich neighborhood. But its not a slum
Old 09-16-2014, 03:24 PM
obg376mt

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Jukeboxhero
Fasho guys.

OB, where on B St,? Lol, my buddy's dad owns a building near the mission parking garage.

T.T barrera is in CV as well... he hit me up to do something a while back, but I was in the Dominican Rep. on a humanitarian mission. I feel like I should be more active in the G community but I'm always hella busy.

Also, I see SO many Gs here in the east bay. Theres like a billion G35s floating around, but I'm surprised at the number of 37s as well (However most are stock).

haha i guess i would fall under the stock category haha all i have is tint and a nismo shift **** don't plan on modding (been good except my few for almost 2 years)... but that could easily change... haha
Old 10-02-2014, 03:39 AM
Booneathun
Premier Member

sorry for the late response bro. Thanks for getting back with me. Well since I posted this I've been dealing with some straight bull**** at the dealer oakland autocom nissian/infinity. I dropped th off my car and my parts I went with the stillen gen3 cai, stillen crank pulley, belts, show n go Front license plate kit. So I drop these parts off one day, and the next day I came back with my Megan coilover (I bought them prior to reading your response). Black grill strut bar, and the ambient light kit for the interior. So when I come back the parts that I dropped of the day prior. Got ****ingg stolen , you have no I dea how mad I was. So after talking to the infinity service provider, he said I had to show receipts in order to get reimbursed. Which I did, and I'm still waiting for they to replace the parts. Not to mention that my car is still there and has been for two or three days. I'm livid, very disappointed with that dealership. And all this after I bought a $30,000 car from them. So The GM said that it should be replaced and a couple of days. So project g37-s is on hold for me bro. So thanks for the reply and I'll let you Gus know what happens.
Old 10-02-2014, 04:10 AM
Booneathun
Premier Member

I'll shout you some soon just got a few in phone that I took for insurance , but it's a 2013 G 37 sport in gunmetal
Old 10-02-2014, 09:21 AM
Redfire32
Ginger ninja

Received 256 Likes on 228 Posts
Originally Posted by Booneathun
What's up players any body in the 510/ oakland are on the forum and have any tips,on where I can take my 2013 6speed g37sport.
, for up grades and performance up grades and running. My whip is stock besides invidia cat back. I bought,Stillen caid,stillen lightweight pulleys.but I need them installed,. I got the exhaust installed at the nission/infinity dealer on Broadway in Oakland.Was wondering if any body had any shops to reccamend.or is there any local clubs meets etc for g37. It's a car show at first Friday every month st the giant burger on telegraph and west grand on the first Friday every month. That would be an ideal place to meet. I would really appreciate any suggestions on shops, etc or if any one has any suggestions or urge to meet and talk about our cars. I am a lover of American musscle and also have a olds,1970'442-w30.but this little g37 sweep me off my feat. I'm in love...holla if you want to talk about our pretty ,little fast cars,...
Hey man whazzupp. I'm not from your area or anything but I did want to share some mod experience with you real quick. I had never done a mod before I instaled my Takeda CAI. I decided to take it on myself and it was actually fairly easy n straight forward. Plus doing the work myself really made me proud of the mod. I say give it a go. There are always plenty of members on here willing to help you if you Get stuck. I think it took me about 2 hours to do mine.
Also I remember another members thread on here from a little while back. He was from SoCal and said that if there was a Stillem store near him. According to him Stillen would install your parts for free whether you purchased from that site or not. So maybe that's something you should look into
Good luck
The following 2 users liked this post by Redfire32:
Booneathun (10-03-2014), Jukeboxhero (10-02-2014)
Old 10-02-2014, 12:51 PM
Jukeboxhero

+1 for CAI self install. Its like legos you can drive!

Maybe that dealership gave him a discount on labor. And after letting his **** get stolen?! I'd be like "you owe me an IPL, bro", haha.

Lookin forward to seein pics. Good luck with all that dealer drama. smh.
Old 10-03-2014, 02:45 AM
Booneathun
Premier Member

They better give me something for all the bull crap I'm going through at minimum 50% off installationon. I'll find out tomorrow. But an IPL will work to.��
Old 10-07-2014, 04:47 AM
Booneathun
Premier Member

I'll post some when I get my car back