Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

510#G coupedrivers

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2014, 02:07 AM
Dragon x

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good lookin' out. I have a 2010 G37 sedan with the nav. I've been looking for a local club with positive ideas. Not looking for trouble makers or illegal stuff. But I do want to have some fun and get/share new mod ideas. If you guys are already doing something let me know.
Old 10-19-2014, 07:50 AM
Booneathun
Premier Member

They took care of me

What's up folks just to bring everyone up to speed on what's going on with me now. I finally got my car back. As some of you may know a month ago I took my car to Nissan I don't come on the 27th and Broadway in Oakland to get some Aftermarket , parts installed. Shick were stillen gen3, stillen pulley, megan coilover and strut bar. And. That show and go retractable license plate frame. So they called me Thursday and said everything came in and I can pick my car up Friday. Naturally I was happy but I was considering when are they going to charge me for installation since they so majorly screwed up. Answer to the question is nothing. They didn't charge me a penny. And since they couldn't get the show and go license plate to work they also gave me a wing or.The factory spoiler that infinity makes. Which cost about $350. I was mad but I n retrospect I am glad that it happened. Because it's saved me about $1000-$1200 in labor cost for the installations. Everything came out fine but when I got the car back I hear a rubbing coming from one of the coilovers. So I took it back in , and I can put my rims onSaturday. They said it should be finished and ready for pick up on Monday. And then all of the BS will be over with hopefully But if I said anything bad about Nissan infinity in Oakland I take it back, because the they totally hooked it up. It wasn't a free IPL but $1200 worth of labor will work. I think every body who left comments and tips on how I should not my car and information. Thanks
Old 10-19-2014, 12:38 PM
Jukeboxhero

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Hey man, good to hear everything worked out. Sounds like Inf. of Oakland knows a thing or two about customer service. The rubbing could be your rear fender tabs or the wheel well liner. I had the liner trimmed and the tab relocated. The only problem with relocating the tab is that the tip of the fender that lines the wheel well can come a few mms out of alignment. Nothing major, but just thought I'd let ya know, if you get it done (its an easy DIY, too)
Old 10-23-2014, 04:14 AM
Booneathun
Premier Member

What did I do??m

What up bro thanks for the reply. Man I wish it was just as easy as dealing with my fender. Check this out.so I go and pick my car up that Monday and that tech tells me that I have a blown right rear shock. And that's where the noises coming from. They took the schock and the noise went away. When I was first told this I was kind of upset about them driving my car with only three shocks and sort of skeptical of the results did it would show. But they took the schock apart and took it off and the car did not make any noise and then put it back on and it did. What the luck brand-new Meagan coilover. The only time those shocks had been on the car was when they were installed on the test probably left that 5 miles. You have no idea how I feal. Luckily the dealer is not charging me for any installation or anything. I got the shocks from Amazon through a third-party hot ride usa. From how it looks it's obviously a brand-new shock. So more than likely they will replace it but man all of the time it takes sucks. I really miss having my car. Actually contemplated just putting the stock suspension back on but I don't think the dealer will install a whole new pair of coil overs again for free if I do that. And I don't blame them. So again here I go playing the waiting game. Sucks sucks sucks😡😡😡 I Love my car but is this the GM didies paying me back for buying a Japanese car? Lol Who knows but I doubt it. I just want my little coupe back. Can't wait till I do and put the rims on. But on a brighter note at least I finally got my, myg37 decals. Not all I need is my freaking car back. 😩
Old 10-23-2014, 01:51 PM
Jukeboxhero

That sucks man! Also, keep in mind that megan coils have a tendency to rattle a bit. There is a nut that sits on top of the oval mounting bracket that can back-off. I death-grip tightened it and red-locktited that sumbitch. The only reason you might need to remove it in the future is when your soft foam bump-stops inevitably rupture (at least mine did). I am used to field expedient repairs, so I glued the split foam back together, bound it with steel wire, then duct-taped the **** out of it. So far, they are holding up great. When they go out, though, it sounds like your wheel is gonna fall off. You get a loud metallic clunk from the shock body contacting the upper travel-limiter (just below the gas regulator **** that controls stiffness). Its a relatively simple repair though; you just need to jack the car up and remove the offending wheel, ghetto-f* c k the bump-stop and you're good to go. A lot of guys think their shock is blown when this happens, so I thought I'd throw it out there. K.I.S.S. mentality is lost on some mechanics.
Old 10-24-2014, 03:43 AM
Booneathun
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Jukeboxhero
That sucks man! Also, keep in mind that megan coils have a tendency to rattle a bit. There is a nut that sits on top of the oval mounting bracket that can back-off. I death-grip tightened it and red-locktited that sumbitch. The only reason you might need to remove it in the future is when your soft foam bump-stops inevitably rupture (at least mine did). I am used to field expedient repairs, so I glued the split foam back together, bound it with steel wire, then duct-taped the **** out of it. So far, they are holding up great. When they go out, though, it sounds like your wheel is gonna fall off. You get a loud metallic clunk from the shock body contacting the upper travel-limiter (just below the gas regulator **** that controls stiffness). Its a relatively simple repair though; you just need to jack the car up and remove the offending wheel, ghetto-f* c k the bump-stop and you're good to go. A lot of guys think their shock is blown when this happens, so I thought I'd throw it out there. K.I.S.S. mentality is lost on some mechanics.
whats up man , appreciate the tip, but I've heard back from hot ride usa, and they're sending the info to meegan in to replace . my shock can't be any simpler than that just bolting on a new one. But mine were brand new with that being the first car they were installed on. Even though the sound and what you describe is how my car was acting and sounding think That one was defective. I don't know but I'm returning it so I can get a new one and not have to worry about .it. It's somewhat assuring to know that you have had your Meagans for quite a while and you like them. Because I have had mixed reviews from people. Was Starting to feel somewhat skeptical about the Megan's. I'll let you know when I get the replacement. And in stall it. Have a good one bro.
Old 10-24-2014, 01:30 PM
Jukeboxhero

Fasho. I woulda done the same thing if I had just pulled mine out of the box and they were giving me grief. That tip I mentioned was more for the future after you've had them for a minute. If I had a choice now, I might have gone with Stance or possibly a different brand for coilovers, but yeah, they are still holding up after being on for years.I think I was just happy to get rid of my springs!
Old 10-26-2014, 03:42 AM
Booneathun
Premier Member

,Yup I feel you I probably wouldn't of gotten some stance myself or some tein'a or some kw's. But they cost loot. If I was racing are going to the track I probably would be okay with that investment but I only got mine so my rims would fit right so I can lower or raise my Car. so I didn't feel like I needed some more than $1000. But even in this price range I wish I would of got the bc's. So what else have you done to your car besides put boilovers and do you have any plans in the future of doing anything else?
Old 10-26-2014, 11:37 PM
Jukeboxhero

Yeah, true on all accounts, man.

Mods I have right now:

-IPL Front lip, self-wired foglights w/ LEDs, white light LED interior option
-20" Axis wheels.
- Hotchkis F/R sway bars
-Megan Coils
-Z1 Alum/Ploy Trans mount
-Z1 Ported Intake Plenum
-Stillen Gen III CAI
-Stillen Under Drive Pulley
-Stillen Grounding Kit
-TransGo Valvebody / Shift Upgrade Kit <--- HELLA FUN
-Berk Gen 1 HFC
-FI Gen 1 FULL CBE, nonresonated X pipe.
-UpRev Tune to 305whp 259wtq (Dynojet, so the numbers are legiiiiit)

Future mods?

Not sure if I wanna keep the car. She's paid off, which is a huge plus though.
Right now, I'm looking at the Z1 brake upgrade kit, cause my rotors are old as shi t e, and are long overdue for a resurfacing. I'm casually looking at the guys who have done 4.08 final drive pumpkin swaps... I might just have to do that and throw on a GTM alum driveshaft. Maybe... MAYBE down the line a Stillen S/C. I've got so much other schtuff I want to do before I drop hella stacks on a S/C though. Thats like the price of a project car!

Here are a few pics from my profile. They are mostly current.

The following users liked this post:
Diode Dynamics (10-29-2014)
Old 10-28-2014, 02:20 AM
Booneathun
Premier Member

Stupid clean

Dude I was just reading the Thread that you posted about your tone Edsee car garage. You said the greasy troll crawled off his work bench, and did some ****. Man you had me cracking up. Because I totally pictured it. A little grease troll trying to hop inside of your tranny and "fix it" yeah right. The troll had no clue to what he was looking at let alone working on. That's why he needed to call his folks. He knew dam well he was not going to call you back. Bro. You hella lucky you took it to ZCG. But enough about the troll. It's really helpful that you posted the results and stores that is really the cost in the thread you wrote because I been wanting to take my car there when it's done. And oh yeah about the shock that blew out I called megan today. Rather than waiting who knows how long on getting a replacement check I just bought one it was only like 125 bucks plus shipping so it should be here like Friday. And then I put on my rohannas. But your car is dope . Tastefully done, sporty yet classy. You said you wired the fog lights your self? I like the ambers. I want to get led or hids but not sure about which ones to get. Read a lot of articles about people making the conversions and they turn out with the wrong spectrum and you get that crazy glue glare that the cops pull you over for. So I've kind of been next you could see the discomfort face on the fence about it. But you'd are nice. So you got 305 houses you got to have more than that right because the car stock has 330.
Old 10-28-2014, 02:27 AM
Booneathun
Premier Member

Next time

Originally Posted by Booneathun
Dude I was just reading the Thread that you posted about your tone Edsee car garage. You said the greasy troll crawled off his work bench, and did some ****. Man you had me cracking up. Because I totally pictured it. A little grease troll trying to hop inside of your tranny and "fix it" yeah right. The troll had no clue to what he was looking at let alone working on. That's why he needed to call his folks. He knew dam well he was not going to call you back. Bro. You hella lucky you took it to ZCG. But enough about the troll. It's really helpful that you posted the results and stores that is really the cost in the thread you wrote because I been wanting to take my car there when it's done. And oh yeah about the shock that blew out I called megan today. Rather than waiting who knows how long on getting a replacement check I just bought one it was only like 125 bucks plus shipping so it should be here like Friday. And then I put on my rohannas. But your car is dope . Tastefully done, sporty yet classy. You said you wired the fog lights your self? I like the ambers. I want to get led or hids but not sure about which ones to get. Read a lot of articles about people making the conversions and they turn out with the wrong spectrum and you get that crazy glue glare that the cops pull you over for. So I've kind of been next you could see the discomfort face on the fence about it. But you'd are nice. So you got 305 houses you got to have more than that right because the car stock has 330.
bro I still got some. Question for you about your whip and the tone but I got to go and I'll hit you back on 510gcoupe drivers soon peace
Old 10-28-2014, 03:47 PM
Jukeboxhero

Heh, glad my literary witticisms were appreciated. Thanks for the compliments on the ride. Right now, I have the Diode Dynamics 8k HIDs. They have a slightly bluish tint to them, but I never get hassled by rollers. Word of warning: you might need a relay kit for them. On my car, I do get flicker and sometimes they will go out, causing me to have to power-cycle the lights. More of an annoyance than anything. And yes, I did wire my fogs. I tapped and spliced into the existing '08 integrated headlight/foglight circuit. Its funny, I think the ambers look awesome, and so does Choman. We might start a thing for east bay g37s, lol!

About the tune: So technically our cars are 330hp at the output shaft (also called Brake Horsepower) You'd be surprised how much actual HP you lose through the drivetrain. Stock, our cars tend to dyno in the mid to high 200s (260-280) Wheel Horsepower. Some dynos read very high, but on dynojets this is pretty accurate AFAIK. So when I quote 305WHP (or Wheel HorsePower), its how much my car is putting down to the pavement-- taking into account drivetrain loss and my big 'ol 20" wheels

Without being overly scientific, I can project I am putting out around 340-350 at the crank if everything else is accurate.
Old 10-29-2014, 05:04 AM
Booneathun
Premier Member

You gotta be with the upgrades, yeah that 330 stock, yeahs it til I get my whip ba is the engine probably measuring horsepower without it being strapped in the ckcar if they can do that because like you said I bet you lose a lot of horsepower. In the drive train. Man I just can't wait until I get my whip back. Shock should come in Friday or Saturday and will be ready to probably pick up Monday or Tuesday. Can't wait to post pictures
Old 10-29-2014, 03:15 PM
evil-G-nius
Registered Member

Received 395 Likes on 238 Posts
So Jukebox, you have Megan Coils? I have been thinking about just getting eibachs, but then I see some coils for decent dricing like Tein, D2 and what have you. I don't know which direction to take. I don't wanna pay for a camber kit because they cost almost as much as a damn lowering kit...what would route would you go if starting from scratch?
Old 10-29-2014, 04:41 PM
Jukeboxhero

To be completely honest, I'd go with Air! Lol, the new air systems are supposed to be on point. I've read a few articles in tuner magazines about them, and they are supposed to be trackable.

My Megans have held up decently over time, but more than a few people have had issues with noise (I have). Despite being buttoned down, I have the infamous megan rattle. I think I damaged a plastic bushing that keeps the springs from rattling on the upper perch. Also, the foam bump stops ruptured, and I had to ghetto-repair them with steel wire and duct tape (lol).

If I were going to buy coils, though, I'd look at the classifieds section. They have some low-mile options for way cheaper than buying new ones.

But ABSOLUTELY don't get springs. I have a set of tein s-techs (super low drop) and I wasn't a fan.