Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

Speeding ticket

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 03:40 AM
Buru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Speeding ticket

I was driving on 680 tonight and i was low on gas so I had my car on cruise control at around 73-75 to have better mpg. I got pulled over by a cop and he said I was speeding and his gun partner got me at 81 . No matter how much I tried to explain to him that it was not possible, he still gave me a speeding ticket..... He told me that I could talk to the judge at court about that but he wasnt gonna argue with me in the middle of the freeway. So do you guys think I have any chance of winning ? I don't mind paying for the ticket but I really don't want to add anymore point on my record ( i can't take the traffic school yet ) sigh..... Oh and btw I thought i changed my address on my license so when he asked if i still lived at this address i said yes, but when i got home i realized it was the old address. Is there any way I can tell them to mail the ticket to my new address ?

Thank you
Old 08-24-2009, 03:46 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
If you told the officer that you were going 73-75 and that you know this because your cruise was set at that speed you are screwed. He made a note when he got back in his car that you admitted to him that you were speeding and he will testify to that in court. Never, ever admit anything because it can (and will) be used against you in a court of law. Pay it.
Old 08-24-2009, 03:50 AM
Buru

well but he said i was going 81. i mean a speeding ticket at 75 is not as bad at 81. besides i wasnt passing other cars and he knew that too. he told me ppl were driving really fast tonight for some reason... sigh but why me that got pulled over >.< . Btw whats the chance that the cop will show up in court ?
Old 08-24-2009, 03:55 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Chances are good especially if he is a dedicated traffic enforcement officer. You could get lucky though. Maybe he'll get sick.

If he testifies that you admitted to him to speeding you will be convicted even if you claim to have been going less than what the ticket states.
Old 08-24-2009, 04:00 AM
Buru

lets say its the worse scenario, the cop shows up and I get convicted, will I have to pay more than the fee that i have to pay originally ? and anyone knows how to inform the police department about my new address ?
Old 08-24-2009, 04:10 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Call the court and inform them. Number is probably in the ticket.

Don't know about Cali, but here they often reduce the fine if you show up in court in person to plead guilty. Sometimes by a lot. You have to ask the prosecutor.
Old 08-24-2009, 04:15 AM
G37_6MT

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you go to the arraignment and plead guilty then the judge *MIGHT* reduce the fine. This was the case 3 years ago when I last received a speeding ticket, not sure about now since the state is in serious budget deficit and CA rapes us on vehicle registration fees.

If you take the officer to court and lost however, chances are you will end up paying higher than the original bail amount due to the additional court cost (time = money) and how well (does he/she sympathize with you even though you lost) the Judge takes your side of the argument.

Just don't ever say that everyone else is going the same speed or that you only speed a little (73~75 MPH). In the court of law, even going over 1 MPH is essentially speeding.

On a side note, I am surprised going 75MPH got you pulled over. You must be alone on the road then. Is your car modded?

Last edited by G37_6MT; 08-24-2009 at 04:21 AM.
Old 08-24-2009, 04:51 AM
Buru

no my car was all stock. the free way was pretty busy too and i wasnt on the far left lane either. I dont know why i got pulled over. I dont know if it was because of my car's color or not which i doubt it. My color is MW
Old 08-24-2009, 09:47 AM
Heat

This is common on other vehicles that are on cruise control and are going down a hill where the gravitational pull will cause the car to accelerate over the cruise control setting. However, I have never had this problem on my G as the G actually engine brakes the car to keep it within 1-2 mph below or under the setting.
Old 08-24-2009, 12:37 PM
RISKY GUY

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts
it's one of times in life wrong place wrong time your got caught, just pay the fine. He has you on audio admiting you were speeding. He already made his notes & will give his testimony(prepared speach). you have a better shot of him transfering from traffic ennforcemtn to another division(vice/narcocitcs etc.) . BTW they get paid for time in court.So he will be there,you can be sure of that.
Old 09-03-2009, 02:02 PM
Mid-Life Crisis

Be prepared - keep these tied on inside your trunk

Tell them you were trying to outrun the missiles chasing after you - you thought they were real....

Old 09-03-2009, 02:14 PM
GeeeeOhhhh
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ticketassassin.com
Old 09-03-2009, 03:51 PM
Buru

Has anyone tried to follow that website ? I read the testimonials and most of them are about red light tickets, there are only a few speeding tickets.
Old 09-03-2009, 03:54 PM
SOLISIMO

Wow all these rumors about beating tickets are jokes lol, if you cant go to traffic school its bc youve exceeded the amount of times that you can go in the year. Can of easy who's side I belive...

sorry.........
Old 09-03-2009, 05:20 PM
xyz
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Buru
Has anyone tried to follow that website ? I read the testimonials and most of them are about red light tickets, there are only a few speeding tickets.
I did and it worked for 2 of the 3 tickets I had. Of the 2, one was speeding and one was a red light camera. Good luck.

Quick Reply: Speeding ticket