Go Back  MyG37 > Regional Forums > North America > NorthEast
Reload this Page >

Looking for some comments on an ecutek/uprev tune in Massachusetts

Notices
NorthEast Serving CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV

Looking for some comments on an ecutek/uprev tune in Massachusetts

Old 05-01-2019, 09:56 PM
  #1  
main_shoby
Registered User
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: South Florida
Posts: 340
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Looking for some comments on an ecutek/uprev tune in Massachusetts

Hello guys!
Its been a while since I spent any money on my sedan lol, my hands are itching.
I dont have full bolt ons, just ark grip cat backs and drop in k&n filters. I tried short ram and stillen long tubes but didn't like the ride afterward, so I went back to stock. Only thing I am thinking is probably get z1 intake tubes and that's it. I don't want to touch cats, they are staying stock.
That said, i never had any tuning done to my car, I am assuming I can benifit from a tune even with such few upgrades?
Also, will a tune also optimize the way my auto transmission shifts?

And lastly, ecutek or uprev and any recommended tuner in New England?

Thanks
main_shoby is offline  
Old 05-02-2019, 07:56 AM
  #2  
NealP
Premier Member
 
NealP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: MA
Posts: 453
Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts
You'll see increased numbers but probably not much. I also wouldn't expect much to change when it comes to the transmission shifts, at least it didn't for me. The place I got my uprev tune (Kaizen) closed so if you're still interested I'd recommend http://primespeedtuning.com in Rowley. I spoke with the owner Kevin when I was bringing my car to the dealer nearby and he was happy to hook up his uprev cable to confirm that my license was still on the car and to look for additional maps. That kind of customer service, even though I wasn't one, will have me going back next time I need something -- and recommending them to others!

BTW - congrats on surviving your first NE winter! :-)
NealP is offline  
Old 05-02-2019, 08:28 AM
  #3  
Rochester
Reluctant Moderater
iTrader: (8)
 
Rochester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 14,557
Received 2,841 Likes on 2,210 Posts
There's RT Tuning, in Pennsylvania (outside of Philly). I don't have any personal experience with them, but whenever I research tuner shops within a 6 hour drive from Western NY, I find myself looking at RT Tuning.

R/T Tuning - Dyno Tuning & Engine Performance Specialists

As for the endless UpRev vs. EcuTek conversation... unless you get deep into the technical weeds with your tune, I genuinely don't think it matters any more. At least, not like it did some years ago. It's more about the skills of the technician than the software used. Take that opinion with a grain of salt. My car's not tuned.

Last edited by Rochester; 05-02-2019 at 01:04 PM.
Rochester is offline  
Old 05-02-2019, 09:56 AM
  #4  
main_shoby
Registered User
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: South Florida
Posts: 340
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by NealP View Post
You'll see increased numbers but probably not much. I also wouldn't expect much to change when it comes to the transmission shifts, at least it didn't for me. The place I got my uprev tune (Kaizen) closed so if you're still interested I'd recommend http://primespeedtuning.com in Rowley. I spoke with the owner Kevin when I was bringing my car to the dealer nearby and he was happy to hook up his uprev cable to confirm that my license was still on the car and to look for additional maps. That kind of customer service, even though I wasn't one, will have me going back next time I need something -- and recommending them to others!

BTW - congrats on surviving your first NE winter! :-)
Thanks NealP
Yeah, I guess with blizzak ws80s my rwd g37 sedan handled like it should. Although I drove really carefully but I always had full control on my car.
I will call primespeed first because PA is around 6 hrs drive, which I would like to skip if possible; and like Rochester said, it doesn't really matter what brand I go for, I will get the tune which costs less lol.
This will probably be the last thing on this car (famous last word) before I seriously start drooling on those e63s.
main_shoby is offline  
Old 05-02-2019, 12:50 PM
  #5  
qmantran
Registered User
 
qmantran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Dallas
Posts: 1,136
Received 171 Likes on 134 Posts
You installed the stillen g3 intakes and "didnt like the ride" Can you elaborate?
qmantran is offline  
Old 05-02-2019, 01:02 PM
  #6  
Rochester
Reluctant Moderater
iTrader: (8)
 
Rochester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 14,557
Received 2,841 Likes on 2,210 Posts
Originally Posted by qmantran View Post
You installed the stillen g3 intakes and "didnt like the ride" Can you elaborate?
I'm trying to figure out how he could be so sensitive to intake noise over the noise from an Ark catback.
Rochester is offline  
The following users liked this post:
ANMVQ (05-07-2019)
Old 05-02-2019, 01:41 PM
  #7  
main_shoby
Registered User
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: South Florida
Posts: 340
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester View Post
I'm trying to figure out how he could be so sensitive to intake noise over the noise from an Ark catback.
I lived in Florida back then and I guess I was getting too worried about water getting into my intakes? Just wasn't too comfortable about it. I shouldn't have said "didn't like the ride".
main_shoby is offline  
Old 05-02-2019, 02:52 PM
  #8  
NealP
Premier Member
 
NealP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: MA
Posts: 453
Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by main_shoby View Post
Thanks NealP
Yeah, I guess with blizzak ws80s my rwd g37 sedan handled like it should. Although I drove really carefully but I always had full control on my car.
I will call primespeed first because PA is around 6 hrs drive, which I would like to skip if possible; and like Rochester said, it doesn't really matter what brand I go for, I will get the tune which costs less lol.
This will probably be the last thing on this car (famous last word) before I seriously start drooling on those e63s.
I believe when I looked it up UpRev was cheaper and while some said they got better results with EcuTek I didn't see the value and it was hard to find a tuner nearby that worked with EcuTek and Nissan/Infinitis. I called BrenTuning at a friend's suggestion but they said they don't do Nissan/Infiniti anymore cause they weren't getting enough in or something? Prime Speed and Granite State Dyno and Tune (https://dynonh.com/) in Hudson, NH are the closest "Pro" tuners on UpRev's site.
NealP is offline  
Old 05-07-2019, 03:04 PM
  #9  
ANMVQ
Registered User
iTrader: (12)
 
ANMVQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Framingham Ma,
Posts: 6,077
Received 375 Likes on 328 Posts
Not to many tuners in MA, IMO I would contact Seb at Specialty Z and do a remote tune. He tuned my bolted G37X and my 2014 Q50 that I drive now. Just IMO I wouldn't have anyone else tune my car There is a great dyno out in Sterling called ESP . I've been using them for years. Seb actually remote dyno tuned my G37X when we did it
Home

ANMVQ is offline  
The following users liked this post:
dragion (05-14-2019)
Old 05-14-2019, 03:51 AM
  #10  
dragion
Registered User
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 1,083
Received 147 Likes on 122 Posts
Options very limited here in MA.
As mentioned, R/T Tuning and Specialty Z are the best choices.
Remote tune would be the easiest method.
I would highly recommend going with EcuTek over UpRev at the moment...more tune-ability.

I was EcuTek tuned on my 2015 Q50S (3.7L) via OrangeVirus from Mathew Wilson and definitely noticed a difference in power & torque.
Response was more immediate and no hesitations between shifts...limiters all lifted too.
He no longer tunes Infiniti's and primarily tunes Toyota's now.

My 2019 Q50 RS400 has Burger Tuning JB1 piggy back tune.
Not interested in going with a full tune on the RedSport 400.

Still have my EcuTek Cable and Deskey kit.
Just needs deskey to be reactivated and license renewed for full functionality.
If interested in buying it off me, let me know...rather have someone put it to good use then let it collect dust in my drawer.
dragion is offline  
The following users liked this post:
ANMVQ (05-17-2019)
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
hockeyzbh
ECU Tuning / Dyno Data
1
12-29-2016 11:40 AM
JoeCho
G37 Sedan
0
06-03-2015 04:49 PM
cabo
NorthEast
17
05-10-2015 08:43 AM
ciddx
Private Classifieds
1
04-26-2015 12:39 PM
Goonz
Private Classifieds
1
09-14-2011 01:04 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Looking for some comments on an ecutek/uprev tune in Massachusetts


Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.