NorthEast Serving CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV

Mod friendly dealership in nyc

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2018, 05:16 PM
G37Boogie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mod friendly dealership in nyc

Have a warranty on my 2012 g37 I just started financing but I wanted to start modding it. Was thinking of test pipes and cold air intakes to start but don’t want my warranty to get voided. With that being said does anybody know any mod friendly Infiniti dealerships in nyc or jersey that wouldn’t mind seeing those things when I bring the car in for service.
Old 11-07-2018, 11:25 PM
slartibartfast
Super Moderator

Received 836 Likes on 715 Posts
Please post your question in the Northeast Region forum. I know this has been asked in that forum.
Old 11-08-2018, 12:09 AM
kon17
Premier Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by G37Boogie
Have a warranty on my 2012 g37 I just started financing but I wanted to start modding it. Was thinking of test pipes and cold air intakes to start but don’t want my warranty to get voided. With that being said does anybody know any mod friendly Infiniti dealerships in nyc or jersey that wouldn’t mind seeing those things when I bring the car in for service.
This is not an answer to your question; however, I also bought a G37s Coupe recently and have bough few parts for it. Dealers aren't very friendly with mod especially if your car is still under warranty because if there is a faulty they won't cover it and blame the aftermarket part that you purchased. However, there are few mods you can add, but once you start adding "power" mods such as changing exhaust and air intakes that will void the warranty. I decided to start my mod list by changing suspension, brakes, adding sway bars and few other stuff and leaving all the power mod towards the end of my warranty.
Old 11-10-2018, 07:10 PM
slartibartfast
Super Moderator

Received 836 Likes on 715 Posts
Moss-Magnuson Warranty Act.

Dealers must prove your mods caused the warranty issue. They will almost always refuse initially because they save money, so you have to be firm and force them to prove your mod caused your problem.

Again, look in the Northeast Region forum for dealer experiences by others in your area.