Notices
NorthEast Serving CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV

NOVA/DC/MD G37 Owners

Old 04-08-2019, 05:06 PM
Dedeman

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Sounds like dealer level stuff, unless you don't want to pay dealership prices. Personally, I've been to both Passport locations (NOVA and MD) when I had to get my cats replaced (at f'ing 60k miles). As far as tuner shops go, I've seen good things about PTuning in Manassas, but I'm not sure where you are in NOVA. I've also had work done on my Acura(s) at Royal Service Center, but just brakes/tires.
Old 04-08-2019, 05:24 PM
tifosi

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Dedeman View Post
Sounds like dealer level stuff, unless you don't want to pay dealership prices. Personally, I've been to both Passport locations (NOVA and MD) when I had to get my cats replaced (at f'ing 60k miles). As far as tuner shops go, I've seen good things about PTuning in Manassas, but I'm not sure where you are in NOVA. I've also had work done on my Acura(s) at Royal Service Center, but just brakes/tires.
I am in South Riding, VA.
Yes, this is all mostly dealer level stuff. I got quotes from a couple different dealerships, quotes for Upper and lower hose replacement, thermostat replacement and coolant flush were close to $850-$900. I am not ready to spend so much money on this at the moment. If I can find an independent dealer/mechanic I could save some money.

When I spoke with Hommad in February about this work he asked me to wait a few weeks as he was busy at the time.
Old 04-08-2019, 06:20 PM
Dedeman

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ok, so you're not too too far from PTuning or something similar. I usually get the OEM parts online (or perhaps you prefer aftermarket), and have X shop install them as they are guaranteed to be more expensive from the dealership parts dept. Personally, I've gone for Hawk pads in the past when my OEM wore out.
Old 04-08-2019, 07:24 PM
tifosi

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ok, so you're not too too far from PTuning or something similar. I usually get the OEM parts online (or perhaps you prefer aftermarket), and have X shop install them as they are guaranteed to be more expensive from the dealership parts dept. Personally, I've gone for Hawk pads in the past when my OEM wore out.
That is exactly what I have been doing for the past few years. I buy the after market parts online and have Hommad install them.
Now that Hommad is not available, I am looking for another shop.

I have been using StopTech Street Performance and have been very happy with them. They dust quite a bit but the braking performance is very good.
Old 04-08-2019, 07:32 PM
Dedeman

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ok, good. I'm not sure who Hommad is, but I'm sure there are more than a few places that will do this work. I've used Hawk ceramic before, and they work well but also dust quite a bit.
Old 04-09-2019, 10:10 AM
tifosi

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ok, good. I'm not sure who Hommad is, but I'm sure there are more than a few places that will do this work. I've used Hawk ceramic before, and they work well but also dust quite a bit.
Hommad is the owner of EZ Auto.

Do you know of any shops that allow us bring in our own parts? I called a few shops around here and they said they dont allow customers bring in their own parts.
Old 04-09-2019, 10:42 AM
skrolz

Liked 16 Times in 15 Posts
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post
Hommad is the owner of EZ Auto.

Do you know of any shops that allow us bring in our own parts? I called a few shops around here and they said they dont allow customers bring in their own parts.
I've actually never experienced this except for maybe a dealership turning down outside parts.

I used to be a Subaru guy, and I always took my car to MachV in Sterling. They specifically work on Subarus and turbo BMWs, but they never turned my G37xS coupe away. They are pricey (dealership prices for labor), but I trust them 100%. They are all about torquing to spec, etc. And I ALWAYS bring all my own stuff (oil, filters, parts, etc.). Might not hurt to give them a call.

Good luck!
Old 04-09-2019, 10:59 AM
tifosi

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by skrolz View Post
I've actually never experienced this except for maybe a dealership turning down outside parts.

I used to be a Subaru guy, and I always took my car to MachV in Sterling. They specifically work on Subarus and turbo BMWs, but they never turned my G37xS coupe away. They are pricey (dealership prices for labor), but I trust them 100%. They are all about torquing to spec, etc. And I ALWAYS bring all my own stuff (oil, filters, parts, etc.). Might not hurt to give them a call.

Good luck!
Thank you! I'll give them a call.
Old 04-14-2019, 07:40 AM
IPL Twin

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Dc ipl

Here in DC IPL G 73k miles 6MT