Newbie Corner New Members Corner! - If you're new to MyG37.com, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your G37!

2021 best bolt ons & exhaust for daily

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2021, 04:07 PM
koala1234567890
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking 2021 best bolt ons & exhaust for daily

Hey all! I've been reading alot on this website and it has helped me alot! I purchased a 2010 G37x Coupe with 99k miles on it 3 weeks ago and I have been reading threads, watching youtube videos and taking in all the information I can regarding mods (performance and looks). I already have an idea for the look I want to give the car, however I am struggling to chose what performance mods I want to do first as there are so many! Here is my question:
I would like to have bolt ons as soon as possible on my car, however all the threads that talk about the mods are all from 7+ years ago and wanted to know if there has been any changes in bolt on mods since then. What would be your opinion on the best bolt ons for the car performance-wise in 2021.

Another point I want to have cleared is regarding the exhaust. I will change my exhaust to get a full catback exhaust however I am not that familiar with cars and I have trouble finding information and help so I'm asking this here. I want to have a catback exhaust because I love the sound of it (no rasp), however in some videos the car seems to be super loud and I don't want it to be extremely loud because it is my daily so here are my questions. Which company should I get my catback exhaut from? Should there be resonated tips on it, if so what size? Should I have test pipes too or does that make it too loud?

I know i'm asking for alot but i've searched alot on the internet and it allowed me to narrow down my options, however this post should help with the small questions I had and should allow me to start modding my G! Can't wait, thanks all!

Old 06-21-2021, 09:44 AM
lucasgoncalves
Registered Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by koala1234567890
Hey all! I've been reading alot on this website and it has helped me alot! I purchased a 2010 G37x Coupe with 99k miles on it 3 weeks ago and I have been reading threads, watching youtube videos and taking in all the information I can regarding mods (performance and looks). I already have an idea for the look I want to give the car, however I am struggling to chose what performance mods I want to do first as there are so many! Here is my question:
I would like to have bolt ons as soon as possible on my car, however all the threads that talk about the mods are all from 7+ years ago and wanted to know if there has been any changes in bolt on mods since then. What would be your opinion on the best bolt ons for the car performance-wise in 2021.

Another point I want to have cleared is regarding the exhaust. I will change my exhaust to get a full catback exhaust however I am not that familiar with cars and I have trouble finding information and help so I'm asking this here. I want to have a catback exhaust because I love the sound of it (no rasp), however in some videos the car seems to be super loud and I don't want it to be extremely loud because it is my daily so here are my questions. Which company should I get my catback exhaut from? Should there be resonated tips on it, if so what size? Should I have test pipes too or does that make it too loud?

I know i'm asking for alot but i've searched alot on the internet and it allowed me to narrow down my options, however this post should help with the small questions I had and should allow me to start modding my G! Can't wait, thanks all!

hey bro... I have an 09 coupe 6MT and I have an invidia catback on it and I love it man sounds amazing when you step on it but can also be quiet if you’re just cruising. No rasp or drone either! I’m not too sure about the test pipes... might make it too loud.
The following users liked this post:
koala1234567890 (06-21-2021)
Old 06-21-2021, 11:09 AM
BULL
Moderador

Received 721 Likes on 561 Posts
It depends on your budget and the end goal for you.
Do you like in an emmisions regulated state? You might want to keep your catalytic converters
Whats the least amount of rasp you'd like? Most aftermarket systems introduce this rasp. With this being said you might want to save your money on these and head over to your local muffler shop and start looking.
Your best bet is to go single pipe, it will offer the best results and decrease the amount of noise in the setup since there's not another resonating pipe to deal with.
2 big resonators with a single decent muffler should yield what you want.

PS re install the exhaust dampeners on the new piping since these help tremendously with the resonance as well.
The following users liked this post:
koala1234567890 (06-21-2021)
Old 06-22-2021, 08:02 PM
AnotherVQ
Registered Member

Received 87 Likes on 72 Posts
The Stillen catback with Fast Intentions resonated high flow cats provides performance improvements and a slight increase over stock volume but an excellent tone under acceleration which gets louder as you get higher in the revs and continues to sound excellent.

Here's a good video on it:

But, the car does have pretty good sound dampening in the cabin, so it's best heard if you at least crack the windows some.. all the way down you can hear it much better.

A relatively new option is the Speed Culture Studios exhaust. Look that up on YouTube. It is supposed to sound similar to the Motordyne ($2k exhaust) but less loud and a lot less money. Very customizable options and should flow well.